It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real spark for Tibet's riots

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't place any credibility on the answers given anyway. China White demands 100% proof and when you give it he shifts the goal posts and says you haven't proven it.

As the moderator said earlier this is childish schoolyard stuff.

The reason it keeps getting off topic is because of efforts by some to change the topic to personal attacks on me.

- Claims there was a earthquake a week ago in Tibet and cant even provide evidence of it

Not that it really matters, but
www.foxnews.com...

Posted information about a temporary cease fire agreement which mentioned nothing about sovereignty.

Which incidentally remains in force in international law since it could not be altered witout a supervening agreement by all three parties.

Agreement which was not given when China invaded in 1949.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Not that it really matters, but

You should have posted it before

Which incidentally remains in force in international law since it could not be altered witout a supervening agreement by all three parties.

The British signed it even through it broke their ACTUAL treaty of 04 and 07 with Russia.

And it was void anyway because it did not have the approval of the Chinese government. And there was alternative governments in china like the KMT and CCCP which did not agree or would not have agreed with the cease-fire agreement

You forgot to mention sovereignty again. You claimed it said China recognized the sovereignty of Tibet which it did not

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

China White demands 100% proof and when you give it he shifts the goal posts and says you haven't proven it.

You mean the claim it was a treaty and it was a temporary cease-fire?

You mean the claim with was a treaty about Tibets sovereignty but mentioned nothing about it.

You also refer to Secret Chinese documents without any proof.

You then continue to post me to BIAS sites which clearly do not have correct figures. eg How can 1.2million+ people die out of a population of 1.2million and still managed to grow at 5% a year.

If you actually presented proof such as your earthquake link people wont question your creditability

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have given you the source for documents from a PLA handbook referring to numbers of Tibetans massacred in the 1959 Tibetan revolt.

You continue to play dumb.

You're also way off topic because the topic is what started the riots in Tibet. There are other threads dealing with issues you raise and this constitutes nothing less than derailment with personal attacks.

If you keep doing this I will ask the super moderator to take action against you.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I have given you the source for documents from a PLA handbook referring to numbers of Tibetans massacred in the 1959 Tibetan revolt.

Here we go again.

And I already said that he only comes up with sentences like " Chinese document", "Chinese white paper" etc NOT THE ACTUAL DOCUMENTS. I have been asking for the Chinese documents because I doubt the creditability of the author.

There are other threads dealing with issues you raise and this constitutes nothing less than derailment with personal attacks.

I could say the same thing about you

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
China has waged a "Peoples War" of security and propaganda, controling the opinions of those outside of the PRC. This will not serve the image that china wants to be a part of the world community. They are attempting to control the news by not letting any of it get out of Tibet.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
vainity...

[edit on 24-3-2008 by wwssii]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

O.K wwssi, we all know that you did not read the link. These side swipe, insulting comments do not serve your pro-china arguments.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by wwssii

i quote part of the aritcle to prove i have read the crap..

TIBET'S Government has declared a "people's war" to erase support for the Dalai Lama and end any independence aspirations of the people there, Chinese state media said today.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Witness2008,

wwssii just shot your claim down the drain

Mod Edit: Please, if you have nothing constructive to add to a thread at a particular time then feel free to move on to another. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 24/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
The "supposed" firewall in China is not as great as you propagandist would have use believe.

All you have to do is go on a proxy website and presto you can look at anything you want, not that many Chinese have the English skills to read BBC or CNN

so if a person in china is caught doing this is there any kind of fine or ticket for doing so?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
just aking because i did see something on cnn about the internet "firewall" in china. on the show the reporter typed democracy in a google type search and she got a page cannot be found. she had some gizmo that she attached to the computer that broke the "firewall" then when she googled democracy it went through. is this true or just "propaganda"?

[edit on 24-3-2008 by conspiracy nut]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The personal abuse in this thread has prompted me to make a formal complaint against both China White and wwssii.

It has become impossible to discuss the original topic in this thread because of the personal abuse directed at myself and witness2008.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
sy.gunson,

Stop playing the victim. You accuse me of lying and try to insult my intelligence by calling me a propagandist and then cry wolf?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

China blocked only small anti-china webs and some political propaganda webs that are not favor China.. just a method.. american can browse any web made by Osama? i am not sure of this.

using proxy or browse this webs is not crime, no one mornitors this.. just a piece of cake, not necessary take it seriously.

JAK

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Please see sections 1f.) Relevant Content, 2) Behavior and remember to go after the ball, not the player.

Thank you,

Jak

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

democracy is that word automatically considered anti-china?

and there are all kinds of 9/11 truth websites and pro-whatever sites that americans have access to, so not sure about what you are trying to say.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

at least democracy has been used to criticise China.
maybe you think those webs blocked are all full of real truth, so China fear of that.. i dont think so... even open all of that, Chinese also have their own recognization of them, Gov is just too cautious.

Chines know well what we wanted now and in the future, we never refuse western democracy... just not suit for China in present stage and cant be realised overnight...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

with all do respect i feel that at least we have the choice to explore different ideas and interpretations of "truth".

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

yeah, of couse, but if some webs are backed up by CIA or something like this, it is beyond the academic study, right?

we welcome the pure academic obervation, but not political inclination propaganda.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by wwssii]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join