It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for the Truth?Please Help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
you listen and read, you read and you listen!

i have always believed Jesus was the son of the God,

maybe he was just a prophet?

i feel bad saying that, i have a stirring in my soul for denouncing him, so he must of been the son of God!

i feel like i am bombarding myself with too much information at times, my mind is swimming..

9/11 i believe it to be a conspiracy,(as in orchestrated) (seen most of the video's)

alien abductions? who am i to say they never happened, but maybe its a grand deception?

ufo's ? saw 21 myself in one night! in one hour!..
were they manufactured by the global elite to fool us?

i just dont know anything any more

i know nothing!

i dont know what to beleive any more apart from there is one God one creator!

so help me God...

confused.MM

can someone help me please.....

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
i know nothing!

I'd say that's a pretty good start.

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
-Socrates

Not believing Yeshua to be the son of god is ok. The guilt and shame you feel in your "soul" is because of an ingrained religious mindset.

In my opinion, Yeshua is not the son of god, but merely a prophet. Am I going to hell? I'm sure some christians would think so. That's between God and I though, isn't it?

911 and UFOs are topics left to another area of the forum.

I concur with the one creator though...Not a man in the sky with a white beard though

Being confused is certainly not a bad thing. The majority of my life has been spent confused, searching for the truth. The only way you can find it is if you seek the truth.

"Seek and you shall find."

Use your internal navigator to discern what is the truth or not.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would recommend that you stop worrying about what you believe and start worrying about what you can prove, or can be proven. You'll drive yourself crazy if you worry too much about believing in things that can't be proven.

Take your current beliefs, for example. Go through each one of them and ask yourself how you know that it's true. Do you honestly have any reason to believe a particular thing other than that someone else told you to?

Go back to first principles. Be honest with yourself. Discard all beliefs you have that are there only because someone else told you to believe them. Do your own work, your own research. Determine for yourself what to belief. Only then can you really be in harmony with them.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

thankyou biggie

yes i agree he is not a man in the sky with a white beard!

he is much bigger than that!

thats one thing i do know!

my internal navigator is very tired,

ingrained religious mindset yes, i was brought up a catholic and the vatican to my mind is an evil institution, i would never have said that 4 months ago,

how i have changed, my own father called me the devil 2 weeks ago, i was devastated to be called that,

why?

because i dont hold with the vatican any more,

i visited the vatican 3 yrs ago pope john paul was dead, i filed past his toom in a que, you weren't allowed to stop for a minute, it was move move move, and in the que the women had to have their shoulders covered?

i felt nothing in that place, yet my brother in law who is an atheist was there while he was alive and he shed tears..

then the same brother in law went to the pyramids and cried even more?

MM

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

i just dont know anything any more

can someone help me please.....

Mere,

You know what your problem is, that is that you don't know for sure what is true and real anymore or if God is true and real, correct?

If you want to know for sure God is in you, then you need to walk on water, to do the impossible, you need to see evidence that God is indeed with you and in you, then you will be confident again,

Why do you look to people to help you know God, is God not able to show Himself to you?

Should a man look to God for faith and salvation or to men?

With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Ask what you would have God do for you?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

I believe today is a holiday because he actually rose form the dead. That was Gods way of letting us know who he was. It has been along time since then so the evil one will try to fill you with doubt. Don't fall prey to the wind of popular opinion, especially around here. I hear your cry for help. We all struggle with doubts sometimes. Try prayer. Ask God for assurance. Perhaps you might read your Bible even?

I will say a prayer for you meremortal.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You are not a devil for not believing the church's teaching. You are not a devil for not believing Yeshua was the son of god (a god himself).

The vatican is not God. Never has been, never will be. They are all men/women as well and cannot speak for the almighty. They are fallible, the ONE is not.

I ask you to question your use of the pronoun "He" for God. God is not a male or female. God does not have a sex.

He and she are misnomers and will only further cloud your search for truth.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Investigate, open up and explore all you don't know and want to. Everything is worth exploring, and leaving behind your dispositions will make it even more gratifying. Exploring something you believed in and finding out you were wrong is one of the best feelings you can find. We are all humans, we believe what we are told. Examine the evidence, and decide for yourself what is true and what is not.

As the old quote goes

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Tenebrous]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by newday

i do know god is real Newday

why do i ask you People ?

because we are in this together?

we are brothers and sisters are we not?

biggie i did not mean to gender God its just that we all call God a man!

because we are male and female we have to gender i suppose, its in our make up!

and after all its a mans world cos man said so!

bigwammy i know my bible but when the shepherd has been struck the sheep scatter>>>thanks for the prayers i need them..yeh the evil one is good at his job the fecker

Neiby i have been there many times, i know there is a one creator its the other stuff that does my head in,

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tenebrous

Investigate, open up and explore all you don\'t know and want to. Everything is worth exploring, and leaving behind your dispositions will make it even more gratifying. Exploring something you believed in and finding out you were wrong is one of the best feelings you can find. We are all humans, we believe what we are told. Examine the evidence, and decide for yourself what is true and what is not.

As the old quote goes

\"The unexamined life is not worth living\" - Socrates

i have done it tenebrous but i feel numbed and useless now..i have been on a roller coaster to my detriment, my own father called me the devil because he no longer understands what i am talking about?

i was devasted, i never slept all night, i started to question my self?

am i a #ing nutter or what?

i know some things but i could not tell you what i know!its in my head but i cant convey it in either words or otherwise..

was i the devil?i am i the devil, does the devil take over our minds at times?

oh # i go it bad!

im not but this quest is #ing up my life?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sometimes this modern translation the Message is kind of cool.

Jesus talking in Matthew 11

28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Try spending some quite time in prayer...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

hey Bigwhanny

i used to pray at night,

now i pray when i wake up and during the day, i even tried to go on DARCON's thread to awaken and get the Light in my life!

I'm stilll trying but thats another story!

i pray , i talk to god 24/7 when i remember he is listening

:bash:

MM x

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Do what makes you happy. If questioning your moral grounds doesn't do that then don't. The problem with everything in life, the religious non-religious arguments the most, is that there is no yes or no answers, that booths sides have points that go both ways. You must either accept blind faith in either religion or in atheism or learn to live with the questions and dilemmas an open mind brings out.

Ignorance is a peacefully serene and fulfilling existence.

Enlightenment of the true kind if hard and fraught with moral anguish.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

why do i ask you People ?

because we are in this together?

we are brothers and sisters are we not?

Newe,

You can't be that naive?

We are not in this together, put in the right circumstances your real biological bother and sister would probably eat you for food to save their own skins as would every other human on this planet.

You have faith in man but none in God otherwise you would never had said we are all in this together you would know better..

[edit on 23-3-2008 by newday]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
God created Existance.
Existance is sustained by the thought of one supreme being.
In addition to holding the creation together, God maintains a position inside of this creation, in order to interact with events taking place within it.
God has multitudes of helpers that carry out his will.
Some of God's servents interact directly with humans on this earth.
Some of these people were kings or prophets, or preists.
Along with those titles is incorporated the title, Son of God.
Jesus was unique in that he was all of these, and was the last of his kind, meaning none has come after him who could take his place.
God saw fit to take Jesus to heaven and to preserve him, to be preist to God, on our behalf, in the temple in heaven.
Earth would have ceased to exist long ago if not for the intervention of Jesus, being there to deflect the wrath of God.
So, in a way you owe your existance to the fact that Jesus lives.
Deny that fact and you risk your further existance, after God creates a new earth, for us to live in.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
You are going through a satanic warfare for your soul meremortal... as st Paul says in scripture that your are wrestling with powers of darkness.

Demons roam throughout earth (many saints seen them daily) and they work on souls, causing them to despari, lose the faith, be tempted unormally ect.....

This falling away from the faith you have son, is predicted by scripture.. It says and the saints say that during the end many souls would fall away from the faith...

Do not lose faith in Christ.. I have seen many things, the girl in my signature has and many saints have.... I know he is real for many things you have not seen in my life alone....

Not only did he work miracles, but for 2000 years the church has produced miracles from saint to saint, male and female......

You are not satan, but you are going through a warfare... and in these times God said whoever would keep the faith in this age of lies would gain an even greater crown.....of glory..

I ask you, since I believe we all come across each others paths for a reason, tell me what your problem is with the church and I will try and explain as best I can...

read about the girl in my signature as well...

Pray...

and you're not an idiot you know the rest...

as for aliens, the governement created these to fool many peoples, but the might be used during antichrists time and might also have something to do with project blue beam...

anyways they are from our government who likes to hide technology far greater then what they let us know about..

peace.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

according to the new testament book of (john 1:1-14) the Messiah is the G-D Being that created the universe ,the earth and all life on it.
He came to earth as a human being to experience what we go thru as well as to die in our place coming under [the penalty of] the law which is death ,for breaking it,but not doing away with the law by His death.a carefull reading of romans 7 confirms this.
while here He prayed to the Father------so obviously there are at least 2 members of the G-D family.
the point of the religion of G-D is that humans are made in Their image and we have been extended an invitation to join Their family by following Their religion while we dwell in this flesh-----after death or at Messiah's return a resurrection from the dead is promised(ezekiel 37/revelation 20)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"I ask you, since I believe we all come across each others paths for a reason, tell me what your problem is with the church and I will try and explain as best I can... "

my problem with the church JesusisTruth is that it is run by evil, they add sins, debunk saints (padre pio) they exhumed him and said he did not have stigmata, how could he , his body is dead! i read about st Gemma, it moved me to tears!

"Enlightenment of the true kind if hard and fraught with moral anguish."

yes tenebrous enlightenment is hard work!

"You know what your problem is, that is that you don't know for sure what is true and real anymore or if God is true and real, correct? "

yes Newday that is it exactly my head aches alot of the time these days!

bigwhammy thanks for the prayers!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

i read john 1 1:14 but i dont understand G-D?? and i didnt see it mentioned?

Romans 18 "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. "

so we are sinners and there's nothing we can do about it?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you want to apply logic to your crisis then I'll let you feel comforted by telling you no matter what you ever believe in, no matter what you ever question and no matter who you think ever was God or a God... you are correct. If God is omnipresent, then God is in all things believed in and is believing in all things, God is also within everyone making everyone a God-dess, God is the doubt in your mind, God would even have to be with "Satan" and also he must dwelleth in "hell". Then you have no reason to fear and no reason to be saddened by God not being with you... and even if you feel these feelings... it is only God feeling Gods self. If that all makes sense to you... then go forth and feel comfortable in everything that you study, because God would obviously allow you to do so.

May your God be with you all ways

Have a wonderfull journey.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join