It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OptionToChoose

As a christian, we are taught about the trumpets, the seals, BUT no one talks about the Real MEANNING of the BOWLS, yes the bowls. Can you share of real insight, see hell is both hot and cold yes cold, cold gives me cramps and to much heat makes me peel.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bone13

As a christian, we are taught about the trumpets, the seals, BUT no one talks about the Real MEANNING of the BOWLS, yes the bowls. Can you share of real insight, see hell is both hot and cold yes cold, cold gives me cramps and to much heat makes me peel.

In Revelation chapter 16:1-21 are presented the Seven Bowls of Wrath, bringing the final series of Judgement of God against the evil works of humanity on the earth. Their devastations in presented order are as follows:
1) An outbreak of a horrible, painful flesh-based disease on everyone who had received the mark of the Beast (Rev 16:2)
2) The seas are turned into blood, and all sea life is destroyed (Rev 16:3).
3) Rivers and springs become blood (Rev 16:4-7).
4) Heat from Sol intensifies and begins to scorch the earth and people (Rev 16:8-9).
5) Darkness befalls the global kingdom of the Beast (Mr. 666), and sickness seems to intensify (Rev 16:10-11).
6) The River Euphrates dries up, & the Battle of Armageddon begins as Mr. 666's armies gather to fight the Kings of the East (Rev 16:12-14).
7) An unprecedented global earthquake and 100 pound hailstones devastate what is left of human civilization (Rev 16:15-21).

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Thank You
Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Thank You
Peace

My pleasure, there are a lot of potentially confusing criss-crosses within the intricate web of end-time Prophecy, and truthfully, it literally takes years (unless you're an Indigo Child, or something like that) to develop a comfortable level of comprehension regarding Prophetic events, and then you realize exactly how much you still have left to learn.

My opinion is that the deeper study of Prophecy is indeed worth the time and effort. Especially with the Decider making the decisions he and others like him are making today . . .

Prosperity & Peace.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
thats true. ive always been a christian but it hasnt been til about a few months ago were i actually read the bible and began to understand it. and it still so much to go its like a lifetime achievement to really know the bible. thats why real preachers are so good at what they do because they undertand it and can explain it for regular people.

even though my preacher is the best in my opinion its still good to read on your own.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think ENOCH is the man in change of Opening the SEALS, but thats my own opinion. Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I think ENOCH is the man in change of Opening the SEALS, but thats my own opinion. Peace

There is a general feeling among Prophecy students that Enoch may be one of the two witnesses who trouble the anti-christ for 3 1/2 years, who finally kills them, leaves their bodies in the streets to be seen by all for 3 1/2 days, but then they suddenly awaken and ascend out of sight.

The Lamb of God opens the seals, according to Revelation:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I guess people really don't want to know, or have a chance to save a love one, bowl #1 has been cast on the earth. I think people like UFO'S and the talk of Dracos, Me i've read Dante's Inferno all three books plus the cliff notes for insight on certain chapters, how creative some writers where in that time period. Milton anyone. Don't Ask. Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Excellent thread! Flagged and starred. Although I lean towards pre-trib, this will be my unbiased response.

Originally posted by darkelf
On the other hand, if millions of people were to suddenly disappear from the earth, how would that be explained? Are ETs preparing for a mass abduction of humans? How would a mass disappearance of this scale be explained?

Great question. It would seem many different explanations would be offered to suit the tastes of different crowds, just like there are multiple religions that suit the tastes of different crowds.

Alien abduction. In new age circles, there is a prediction that aliens will 'rapture' away those holding mankind back from our next evolutionary phase. I explained this in depth and cited works on another thread. If you want to know more, let me know and I will search for my old comments on this.

Genetic weakness. It is possible some will say there was something wrong with our DNA that would cause us to 'vaporize' in some sort of nuclear/biochemical reaction.

Catholic visions. Some are claiming to be visited by the virgin Mary who claims she will, in the near future, give everyone a vision of their sins. Anyone who is not able to handle it will be taken away.

Dimensional Slip. Some will claim we slipped into an alternate dimension for an assortment of reasons.

Since so many people do believe, how will their lives change when there is no rapture?

If it does not happen, then at least the Bible gives us specific things to look out for and to expect. As I told another member who asked what would happen if there was not a pretribulation rapture, 'My bunker or yours?'

Since so many people do not believe, how will their lives change if a sudden mass disappearance takes place?

They would either realize it was the rapture and convert or accept the alternate explanations.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Excellent thread! Flagged and starred. Although I lean towards pre-trib, this will be my unbiased response.

If it does not happen, then at least the Bible gives us specific things to look out for and to expect. As I told another member who asked what would happen if there was not a pretribulation rapture, 'My bunker or yours?'

All believers will go (is raptured) at the same time, at the last trumpet. That means when the 2 prophets are raised from death, thats the rapture. The exact time during the 7year tribulation period when the rapture happens is not stated. So no one will know the day or hour. We will know when it is near, birth pains will increase, there will be signs in the heavens, & wars & rumors of wars.

So when the antichrist appears, most christians will refuse to accept that it is really the antichrist, for they should be raptured they presume. They better be ready to stand for thier faith unto death, for when the antichrist will start persecution and then beheadings.

The rapture removes believers from enduring God's wrath. Is there 7 years of God's wrath? How about 3? Keep in mind it only took 1 year of God's wrath to destroy the earth by water. God's wrath is for the wicked, yet he will allow half of mankind to live through it. 1 taken, 1 left. Else there would be no nations left for Jesus Christ to rule over for 1000 years.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I used to absolutely believe in the Rapture and certainly would be happy if it came to be, but this whole thing didn't get started until Darby came up with it in the 1800's. Prepare for the worst,but expect the best.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TC Mike

Originally posted by TC Mike

So when the antichrist appears, most christians will refuse to accept that it is really the antichrist, for they should be raptured they presume. They better be ready to stand for thier faith unto death, for when the antichrist will start persecution and then beheadings.

My original plan was to put forth two questions to cover both pre-trib rapture believers and those who don’t believe in a pre-trib rapture. The questions are meant to make you think. So basically if you are a pre-tribber and the anti-christ is revealed according to scripture, how does that affect your faith? If you are not a pre-tribber and millions of people vanish, how do you explain it? How does the world explain it? Would the government take advantage of it to further their own agenda?

I was taught many things while I was growing up, that I just took for granted. I have been researching these beliefs to come to my own conclusion. This is why I didn’t want this to turn into another rapture belief thread, but how you would feel, react, or behave if your belief was challenged by the opposite experience.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
My original plan was to put forth two questions to cover both pre-trib rapture believers and those who don’t believe in a pre-trib rapture. The questions are meant to make you think. So basically if you are a pre-tribber and the anti-christ is revealed according to scripture, how does that affect your faith? If you are not a pre-tribber and millions of people vanish, how do you explain it? How does the world explain it? Would the government take advantage of it to further their own agenda?

I lean towards the no pre-trib rapture, although if Jesus comes sooner, its good too.
So your saying millions of people vanish and I don't go with? Well I will stay faithful to God through Jesus Christ's shed blood, He will stay true to His Word & promise of eternal life no matter how I die, my current mortal body.

Well the rapture has a sign in the sky that everyone will be able to see before it happens, so people won't vanish unexpectedly, but expectingly. Matthew 24:30,31 The sign of the coming of the son of man will give christians enough time to stop thier cars, land the plane, etc. in order to go with Jesus with great joy. Everyone who's not raptured will also see the sign, and know God's wrath is coming for them.

I already explained if your a pre-tribber & don't know your looking at the Antichrist. You'll be like, that can't really be him. I shouldn't even see him since I'll be raptured. Hey since that guy can't be the Antichrist, I think I'll listen to him, he says good stuff. I might even support his campaign, yeah. Only to learn years later that christians will be persecuted by him if they don't renounce their faith. Then will they stand with Christ, or the one who decieves them?

Remember the parable of the sower? What seed are you christian? Lazy? Spoon-fed going ok that sounds fine? Pick up your brain. Ask, seek, knock. Sound familiar? Ask for wisdom from God. It is not the pastor's responsibility to think for you, but to challenge you in your faith to grow. Examine scripture for yourself, as a workman approved by God. Faith does not stop at I believe & love you Jesus, for God will continue raising the bar for you. Remember the analogy of running the race? Run to win, don't just take one step over the start line & say good I'm saved.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I for one believe we have been experiencing the Great Trib. for more than a century. So to answer your question:

If there were a rapture I don't think most would have a clue as to what that in reality means, nor do I feel anyone would know what to look for! It is a romantic concept that I feel will let countless people down.

If there is a rapture would the world be paying any attention? Would they care? The world is up to their eyebrows in the Trib. now, and no one can see it!

If I am right, can you see my point?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
MILLIONS MISSING or MILLIONS MISSLERING?

Many these days are abandoning the pretribulation rapture view, and the June, 1995 article by Chuck Missler (”Byzantine Text Discovery: Ephraem the Syrian”) reveals why there is such a mutiny! First of all, the authoritative scholar that Missler cited, Dr. Paul Alexander, referred only to “Pseudo-Ephraem” and not to Ephraem the Syrian. (If an unsigned ancient manuscript resembles the real Ephraem but there is a question of authorship, they assign it to “Pseudo-Ephraem” - the word “pseudo” meaning “possibly.” For some groundless reason, Grant Jeffrey, the one who reportedly found the “discovery,” changed Dr. Alexander’s terminology! For more info on Jeffrey, Google “Wily Jeffrey.”) And Missler’s scholarship is also questionable. According to the Los Angeles Times (July 30, 1992), about one-fourth of Missler’s 1992 book “The Magog Factor” (which he co-authored with Hal Lindsey) was a daring plagiarism of Dr. Edwin Yamauchi’s 1982 book “Foes from the Northern Frontier”! Four months later Yamauchi’s publisher revealed that both Lindsey and Missler had promised to stop all publishing of their book. But in 1995 they were found publishing “The Magog Invasion” (which was either a revision or a replacement of “The Magog Factor”) - which had a substantial amount of the same plagiarism! (Dave MacPherson’s 1998 book “The Three R’s” has complete documentation on this and other pretrib scandals.) After listing “1820″ as the reported date of the birth of pretrib (he should have said “1830″), Missler sees a pretrib rapture in that Medieval writer’s phrase “taken to the Lord” and, since he evidently favors rewriting others instead of researching, is unaware that Dr. Alexander explained that this phrase really means “participate at least in some measure in beatitude” - which has reference only to doing acts of virtue on earth and not being raptured away from earth! Alexander added that the same ancient writer held to only one final second coming (and not to any prior coming) which would follow the time of Antichrist! (Readers can Google “Deceiving and Being Deceived” by MacPherson to see how groundless the Pseudo-Ephraem claim is and to learn how desperate pretribs are to find any pre-1830 evidence for their escapist view. Dr. Robert Gundry of Westmont College has also demolished the Pseudo-Ephraem claim in his 1997 book “First the Antichrist.”) Since Missler also leans on Thomas Ice, readers can evaluate Ice’s qualifications by Googling “America’s Pretrib Rapture Traffickers,” “Thomas Ice (Bloopers),” “Thomas Ice (Hired Gun),” and “Pretrib Rapture Diehards” (the latter part). For further light on the 179-year-old, fringe-British-invented pretribulation theory, Google or Yahoo “Pretrib Rapture - Hidden Facts.” Finally - why would anyone who has the brains of a rocket scientist want to be taken up with the concept of an any-moment pretrib rapture? The answer may well be that there’s more money in elevating a rapture than launching a rocket!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join