It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis is killing me.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
From what was explained to me sleep parallelization happens, when the brain wakes up before the body. Leaving the affect that the person is paralyzed, often if people who are prone to panic attacks, have sleep parallelization often. Its happen to me a few times, and even a good buddy of mine. Its not an uncommon thing, sometimes people think they are getting attacked by spirits when this occurs. In Chinese we call it ghost sitting on your chest, literally, thinking that a ghost might lay on top of you thinking its still alive, and you get trapped. Anyways, I think a way to defeat this, is when it happens and you wake up paralyzed, don't struggle to move, just relax. I would think tensing and struggling would just make things worst, and might even shock you longer and make this affect longer. I believe if you relax it will stop.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think I had another case of sleep paralysis 2 nights ago and it was not fun at all. It felt like a very very intense feeling. I couldnt move for a while and it felt like I was getting beat up. It happened roughly 3:30 and I couldnt go back to sleep. Last night I was in the same situation that you were in where I dont want to go to sleep. Luckily it only happens every month or so. Usually I sleep on my side, but 2 nights ago I was on my stomach. Maybe, like somebody said before, just sleep on your side. Hope you get better and it doesnt happen again.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

And once I woke up to a shadow holding me down on my bed. I could feel this shadow sucking the life out of my body, I felt the vibrations throughout my body while it was attached to me. I called out God Almighty and immediately the sensation stopped. After that experience, I felt like nearly all the life had been sucked out of me. I was physically affected by this. That is not sleep paralysis.

I hope I did that quote right. Anyhow, I had an experience that I don't think was sleep paralysis because I was wide awake. I felt a 'vibration' too.

I had just stepped into bed, and was trying very hard not to make noise/movement so I wouldn't wake up my husband. I was VERY aware of things. Within 2 min of me getting in bed, there was a creature in a black, hooded cloak standing next to my bed. It put it's hand on my hip, ( I was on my side) and immediately I felt a huge feeling of vibration/electricity running through my body. It was so intense it hurt so bad. While this was happening, maybe all of 30 seconds, I could feel this thing transmitting the most evil, terrifying feelings from it to me. I felt hatred, extreme fear, terror, utter sadness,dispair, etc. The vibration/electrifying feeling kept me pinned down. As soon as it pulled it's hand from my hip, immediately all those feelings disappeared.
I know I was not asleep. I wasn't in the halfway stages. I was wide awake. I didn't even attempt to sleep after that, because I was afraid it would come back sometime in the night. It was the most terrifying experience I ever had.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

You are describing sleep paralysis. Honestly ask yourself how much of that you inferred? The figure standing near the bed must be what made me feel this way etc. And yes, you were awake in the sense that you were conscious, but you were not awake in the sense that your brain was not creating your reality from external sensory experience, but from your direct consciousness. It's a very powerful state, and if you let those thoughts of fear run you will continue to have negative experiences.

Try to remember there are many different levels of sleep paralysis in terms of how you experience it. What you described is pretty stereotypical for sleep paralysis.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have suffered with sp for many years and i am still trying to make sense of it all. One big one i had a few months ago, i refused to open my eyes. Well i can't go into too much detail, but put it this way i had my first OOBE.
I have never ever seen anything like it in my entire life. Please don't try and convince me i was asleep! Once upon a time i would try and convince myself it was all in the mind. I can't do that now, not at all, not ever!
Good luck son, as they say just ride the storm. I used to be terrified, now i just get scared, but as time go's on it seems to get a little easier for me.
What get's me is that the sp is always different from the last one, or at least usually it is. My imagination isn't that wild!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Best advice is to ride it out.

When sleep paralysis occurs, let yourself "fall" away from the body and try to stay calm and not let the feelings of fear ruin such an amazing experience. Once you break through to the other side it is literally like being a god.

Example:

Sleep paralysis beings, then relax your mind and tell yourself you are going to seperate from your body. Now, you can either "roll", "lift", or "fall" out of your body - most times I use the roll method. I feel myself rolling over and literally feels like I am going to roll off the bed.. except instead of falling I feel myself floating down. When I open my eyes I am on the floor of my bedroom looking up. Proceed with a few reality checks such as flying, telekenesis, or just plain old walking through your wall.

It does take practice to move around out of body, its akin to learning how to swim. When flying you may find yourself actually paddling through the air, eventually it will become more natural. It seems that the further you want to go, the more familiar with being out of body you need to be. I have seen many different versions of the same world we live on - some dark and grungy, others bright with sparkling, almost prismatic air. Feel free to ask questions to those you encounter, they are full of knowledge although many times provide answers in very cryptic ways. There are lesser beings that roam the astral, yet only once have experienced one. The possibilities are literally endless.

I consider the astral to be half of my current existance, and enjoy it greatly. Most experiences do not happen night, but early morning after waking up and going back to sleep. I wish you the best of luck with any attempts and experiences you may have.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to deadline527

Thank you for your kind words and reasurence. I haven't had an easy time of it over the years. My romantic notions of life went out of the window years ago. Whatever it is it drives everyone away from me. It's like it wants me to itself. Nothing sexual or evil, but sort of jelous. I woke up one night and my boyfriend at the time was hovering above me. I'm sure it had taken over him. He was talking in a language i have never heard before and was cricking his neck from side to side like something machanical. What freaked me out aswell was that his eyes had gone jet black.! To say i was terrified is an understatement. Who can you talk to about it? People think you've gone mad! I rang the Samaritans once out of desperation, but i don't think i made any sense as i was close to hysterical!
post by deadline527

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah, but doesn't astral projections leave you very vulnerable to attack and abuse?
This is one reason I really don't OBE anymore.
The idea of jumping ship like that always makes me feel vulnerable.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I didn't expect the OOBE. It just happened i think because i wouldn't open my eyes. All of a sudden i was looking down on myself and there was what i can only describe as a spotlight shining on my head. It illuminated my head and shoulders and from the side there was yellowy/ white beam of light going straight into my face. My face was drowned in a bright white light ( as if it wasn't there!) Fom the top looking down well i've never seen anything like it. What was happening to me i don't know? I can't begin to describe. I can't say i was scared, cos i wasn't, but i was in shock for weeks afterwards, literally shock! I couldeven feel my eyes hurting where they were closed so tightly and yet i was about 5 foot in the air. I couldn't feel my body at all, just my head and eyes. I can't divulge what i saw as it would be too disturbing and even now i get flashbacks, but all i can say is it does some weird things to me and i just don't understand why?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Nope, that is a HUGE misconception. There is no invasion of the body snatchers or anything of the sort going on. I have been projecting for the last fifteen years or so and it is one of the most beautiful things you can undertake. I strongly advise you to read up a bit more on it, and try to clear up some of the false impressions people may give you. Often times, people with little to no understanding make up these things and cause a whole range of problems for the attemptee. When I was first getting into astral projection, I was SCARED because of these people. I DID think that something could happen, and it really hindered my ability to relax, and to seperate without fear - the fear that causes you to instantly wake up.

You will always be afraid of what you do not know about, but once you actually do it and see the beauty and absolute freeness (is that a word? lol) provided by such a technique, its unexplainable in words. If you project and your body gets taken over, you will be the first person in the thousands of years of existence that people have been doing this for that to happen to.

Good luck, and try not to let fear and misconceptions get in the way of one of them most amazing abilities our mind allows us to partake in.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Hello deadline,
Thanks for your advise. I can honestly say with hand on heart that i have never had advise on all of this before up until recently. No one has made me feel any worse or any better about it. I have been dragged thru my hallway, watched the most bizarre things happen. It takes a lot to frighten me, but i really thought that i was going mad and that did scare me, because i am a grown woman and i no what is real and how my senses work. I have never had any mental issues, so as far as i am concerned i'm pretty grounded. I have seen ufo's in the past, so naturally it does make you wonder? I don't know what to think, but i'm not incouraging it that's for sure. I'm just glad it seems to like me, cos God help me if it didn't!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

No problem at all, my advice is always there if you need it.

As for the negative experiences you have had in the past, I have had them too. Very bad ones, nighmareish in the worst ways yet thats exactly what they were. Although, some were so real I actually wake up questioning the reality of the situation. Everyone has these things and its only natural to be afraid.

But! I promise you once you get a hold on the basics of astral projection you will be the master of your own reality - in a dream sense that is. You will find you have more control, awareness, and lucidity during dreams which allow YOU to control the situation.

Example:

I had a dream not too long ago where I was attacked by an impish creature. Small, annoying little bugger wanted to hang on my back. Needless to say, with my past experience in my dreams and being able to take control of a situation, thats exactly what I did. I grabbed ahold of whatever it was and almost "shocked" it persay with my energy. I have not had anything of the sort happen since and it was the first time I have ever confronted a negative entity in a dream and pretty much said I'm not taking your crap any more. What a liberating feeling that is.

Astral projection is such a valuble tool in so many ways its almost unbeleivable that more people in the world are not begging to learn how to do it. If I told someone that when I go to sleep, I wake up in a new world where I can fly, throw fire, lift cars with my mind, and literally indulge in any fantasy life can offer - more real then you could ever imagine - within this state. Also, the beauty of some of the things I have seen is unexplainable. The crystalline air, shimmering as it floats freely through the astral world was probably the most beautiful sight I have seen. It would be akin to thousands of tiny prisms all shimmering, everywhere. Flying is by far the most liberating and fun experience as you could guess, and I can almost say I am addicted to astral projection. I love the astral as much as I love our own reality. And when you being astral projecting and realising the absolute realness of the experiences, you start to really see the possibility for alternate realms of existance, planes, and so on.

Overcoming the fear your first time is the #1 hurdle anyone ever has. It is such an intense fear, yet when you "break through" so to speak, you laugh at the idea that you were ever afraid. I STILL get anxious right before seperation, but thats just me probably and there is absolutely no reason that I should.

Keep up the practice, and best to try early morning after waking up. Get out of bed, walk around, maybe grab a glass of water, then go back to sleep and tell yourself you are going to try to astrally project. Or, if you are having a lot of trouble with that, just try to start remembering your dreams and being able to know when your dreaming. Practice reality checks throughout the day, asking yourself if your dreaming, and if you do it enough and make it a regular thing, eventually in a dream you will find yourself ask the question. It would be like flipping on a light switch, the realization that you are dreaming is such a sudden and exciting experience that I really hope you are able to embrace.

Good luck and best wishes to you!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Thank you once again.
I have had the sp once this year, but when i get it again i will see what happens. I'm not a coward, but i just want a normal existence. If there is such a word? (NORMAL) Sometimes i have to pinch myself, because part of me really does'nt want to believe it and part of me say's 'why me?'
I have witnessses to events, but as horrible as it sounds i even question my friends integrity sometimes. I think they are only coming round for the entertainment value and i shouldn't think like that, because it's not the case. Have you had anything happen when you have had guests over? I just wondered. Remember the film ' The Enterty' bit like that, but not as viscious! Thanks for your time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join