It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: A Conflict Arising From The Emergence of China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Iraq: A Conflict Arising From The Emergence of China?

blogs.guardian.co.uk

Neoconservatives and hardline nationalists in the US wanted to invade Iraq for three reasons - it was an established bogeyman in US minds, it would be an easy target, and it would provide a potential base from which the US could permanently dominate the Gulf region and, if need be, deny oil to China.

In sum, the US invasion was not driven by Middle East considerations at all - it had more to do with the emergence of China.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hmmm, not sure what to think about this theory? Could be possible I suppose...Although China doesn't seem to be complaining about Oil shortages as far as I can tell, if that was indeed the master plan.

blogs.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If you subscribe to the concept of peak oil, then its a clear strategic move. In fact I'd go as far as saying that the activity in the middle east is the most viable evidence of a global shortage of oil.

FYI - I don't have an opinion on whether peak oil is real or not.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

DD said:
Hmmm, not sure what to think about this theory?

It's not a that far out assumption. Think about it!

All oil, and other stuff for that matter, bound for China has to pass through the Malacca Strait (Singapore) the narrowst and heavest shiping lane in the world. And also the easest to controll and blocked if need be.

There you have the reason for China building pipelines through Burma to the Gulf of Bengal and financing the Gwadar port in Pakistan.

Also you have the reason for US strategic interest in Burma and that they don't topple the junta. Because a really wet dream of some US agencies is to establish surveillance (and retaliating) facilities along the Burmese coast.

From there you can control 2/3 of the Indian Ocean, and believe me, it is the most strategic stretch of water in todays world.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Nice theory. It is certain that thing are usually not as we see them, but i do not understand how China can be blocked? It has a huge border with Russia (with almost all the resources you can think of) and Russia will more likely align itself with China and not US.
Or Kazakhstan? Also a lot of resources - just remove "pro"-western leaders, put your own puppets and thats it.
Completely starving China of resources is impossible.

new topics

top topics

join