It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Safety Proposal: Shock-Bracelets Controlled by Flight attendents!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Can someone just pin the Star of David on me and point me to the nearest cattle wagon.

I'll take Auscwitz for a 1000 please Alec.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

NGC2736 your post had me ROFLO. I could picture passengers on conveyor belts rolling through the airport terminal or being put on the wrong plane and ending up Lord knows where.

Flying has always been my choice of travel. If the "bracelet" security measure is implemented I will not fly again.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I would venture to suggest the world is not going to accept anything like this, so it's never going to see the light of day.

Can you really see any insurance company on earth underwriting a public liability policy for any organization proposing to use something like this?

No. One tiny error or malfunction: massive lawsuits, bankrupt airline.

I can think of a few people I'd like to be wearing one if I had the remote control unit, though...hmmm...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Air Safety Proposal: Shock-Bracelets Controlled by Flight attendents!

www.boingboing.net

Lamperd, a "firearm training system" company, has patented a bracelet that delivers debilitating shocks when remotely triggered. Their killer app for this is aviation safety: they're proposing that the TSA could force everyone who flies to wear one of these and then flight-attendants could zap us into a stupor if we turn out to be Al Quaeda.
(visit the link for the full news article)

If they think people are going to put those things on, they have another thing coming. Nobody is going to comply with that kind of stupidity. People will stop flying and the airline industry will die.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was done flying, but now I'm really done flying. The world has gone completely mad.

apc

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

patft.uspto.gov

Accordingly, in an eighth preferred embodiment of the present invention... the remotely activatable electric shock device is small and substantially flat in shape, and is dimensioned to be worn in a shirt pocket or the like. The two electrodes would face the passenger.

They've designed one to put right next to your heart! Oh how nice!

[edit on 24-3-2008 by apc]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
What is next? Everyone must fly naked?

Embarrassed? Don't be... Everyone gets a free black hood so no one can see anyone else! Did I mention it's free?!

($200 deposit on shock collar to be returned at final destination)... but you still get the $200 worth of Air Miles! Sweeet!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The technology will override a person’s central nervous system and zap them down quicker than you can say "Homeland Security."

LOL. That's a funny catchphrase. I'll probably use that the next time I'm in the US.

I'm not sure I see a problem with these bracelets, or whatever they turn out to be. They probably won't be implemented anyway. Beyond that, I don't have a problem putting one on because I know that I'm not going to do anything to be zapped. I stay in my seat, don't normally talk to the flight attendents, and mind my own damn business. If you think you will be zapped for that, then you have a mental problem. Certainly all airlines (international) wouldn't accept them. Accepting to wear one is not a loss of freedom unless you plan on being a moron to the staff, or try to hijack the plane with a pair of shoe laces. Hell, they screen for just about everything now. I couldn't bring my water on the plane the last time I flew out of Hong Kong (worst Airport in my personal history), but when I flew out of Okinawa, I had tons of gatorade on my carry on. I flew out of Manilla and had to throw away my damn toothpaste, and the damn guard was asking for a toothpaste ransom basically. This idiot actually wanted me to pay to keep my toothpaste. The airport is not even Air conditionered. Blah Blah.

I've been through many airports, and they all have their security hiccups that leave you asking WTF. I'm never going back to Hong Kong though (unless I have to). The Airport staff there are the most unpleasant that I have encountered.

I could care less about a shock bracelet, and this has nothing to do with "OMG WHAT'S NEXT THEY TAKE YOUR EYEBALL AND PUT IT IN STORAGE IN CASE YOU ARE A TERRORIST." You have to take these things as they come, and quit asking what if what if what if. That just shows you are standing on the last leg of your victim worldview. I probably wouldn't wear a shock collar though.
I might start feeling like a victim then.

Putting one near the heart is questionable, I'll confess. I don't see that model coming to fruition. They could advertise it as a ranged defibrillator. haha. That will be the day.

It's just that you have to go through more invasive security measures to get into more secure areas. That's all.

Would you take an anal probe, a DNA, saliva, and biometric sample, along with a urine and stool test, plus a skin and hair test and full body X-Ray everytime to get into an area where aliens worked, and where you could interact?

Yes, you would. Some have, and some do.

Airlines are becoming safer, that's all. It's not about YOU. It's about the AIRLINE.

It's not about YOU. It's about the ALIEN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join