It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Safety Proposal: Shock-Bracelets Controlled by Flight attendents!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

Horsegiver, dont hold back.

I agree! WTH is the matter with us? Do we just take it? I thought the Cuban people were stupid when i was a child there for allowing a dirty scum bag dictator to preside, if you will
, but for us, a great nation (?)
to allow ALLOW such actions is just beyond me. I am still shell-shocked from my childhood, having to flee my country and NOW THIS.

I do think we should drink that poisoned Kool Aide and be done with the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Dont touch a drop DG, just vote the vermin out of office at the next election, surely everyone knows exactly who the bad guys are?
Just dont let them get away with it, your life and every other good American's is precious, don't give up without a fight! Not ever!
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I really don't think we have any control over whether this is implemented or not. As long as they can tack an anti-terrorism label on it, enough people will 'buy into it' and that's all that's required.

I'm not sure what would be worse, a highly-trained airline hospitality employee wielding this 'safety device' or one of our stalwart TSA agents.

The really funny thing that occurs to me is that as they continue to make it less and less attractive to travel casually by air, the more likely we'll have to bail out the airlines again! I can imagine it now; I'm sitting in coach watching a growing crack in the fuselage, and as I desperately point out the imminent structural failure for the third time - ZZZZAP!.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I must admit i find the whole idea shocking

Seriously, they may have applied for a patent but i doubt if anyone is realygoing to employ such measures. I mean would'nt they have to have subdued the problem traveler in the first place in order to put the braclet on?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
"Oh, Stewardess, there's a man on the wing of the plane"........ZZZZZZZZ

I wonder how many volts that one would get you?

Fly Amtrak from now on, never mind the other stuff.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Fly Amtrak from now on, never mind the other stuff.

Amtrak isn't a better idea these days. Not only is it more expensive, the security measures seem to be pretty much the same.

Amtrak to step up security measures

Amtrak will start randomly screening passengers' carry-on bags this week in a new security push that includes officers with automatic weapons and bomb-sniffing dogs patrolling platforms and trains.

The initiative, to be announced by the railroad on Tuesday, is a significant shift for Amtrak. Unlike the airlines, it has had relatively little visible increase in security since the 2001 terrorist attacks, a distinction that has enabled it to attract passengers eager to avoid airport hassles.

Next they're going to ban water bottles and containers over 4oz like the FAA and TSA did.

Sorry off topic

-------------------

What comes next after shock-bracelets on airplanes?

Shock-collars for every civilian regardless of crimes committed?

Sign me up

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If this was actually put into practice, it would probably be a matter of 0.3 seconds before complete schematics of the transmission device were available on the internet.

...which would provide tons-o-fun for anyone interested in hijacking the plane.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Biggie, I know Amtrak is stepping up their "security", basically, because they had to.
I couldnt understand how it was that anyone could board the train and there was never any concern about luggage or other things. In order to keep "terror" at bay, they had to do something to make it look like they got it all covered.
You know?

Amtrak, by the way, has always had tough rules, i personally have seen the train stop in the middle of the night in what seemed to be a cow pasture to throw out an entire family and we had to sit there until the local sheriff arrived.
Only then, it was just folks being unruly, and now they're TERRORISTS.

I think i would still do Amtrak, whats left, the bus?
I dont think so.

Wouldnt it be nice if DRIVING was an option? Of course, not many of us could ever afford that luxury now. :shk:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
This seems absolutley stupid.... What if the flight attendants turn out to be terrorists, they will be able to 'zap' anyone they like, and nothing will stop them from 'zapping' just anyone.

I know that there are extensive background checks done on staff, but if someone really wanted to bypass something they will. Where there is a will there is a way.

Also, what would make them introduce such an idea?? do governements have some sort of information they are not willing to tell the public???

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Considering the time of year, has anyone considered it might just be an elaborate (and early) April Fool's joke

Cause it certainly sounds like one.. lol

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If anyone's seen The Running Man, this article vaguely reminds me of the opening sequence.

Bracelets around necks. Remotely operated. Head goes boom.

To calm people down, how about just putting a recording of Al Gore saying the following?:

'You are hearing me talk'

Now loop it. Bad guy out cold

On a serious note, if this is implemented, I am not getting on a plane without an invisible rubber suit!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
your not gonna see me flying anytime soon then rofl this is just the lowest they have sank to shows you what the corpates think of a human life what if there is a failure in the thing too ?? LOL what will they come up with next

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Makes it real easy for hijackers. Now they only have to 'hijack' the remote, to get control of the passengers

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
honestly when i first read this thread i simply laughed my head off! i thought what a joke! and so many ppl here made good points about how this could backfire...
seriously this is a joke! who was the braini-ack who made this up? betcha he's/she's one of them mad scientists who wants world domination!... and what about the little kids who also travel? will they ware the "bracelet"?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A few things

While the mechanism holds some merit in the means of protecting flight atendants from irate customers, What happens if an incident occurs and end with the death of that passenger? Appologies from the airline and a free fligt voucher?

Furthermore, if this is designed as an anti-terrorist measure, whats to stop the terrorists from using the frequency of the remote control to detonate an explosive device they maybe carrying?

If airlines did accept this "tool" I can definately forsee 1) a large number of people no longer flying 2) the increase of airfare 3) the "unfortunate" death of a passenger 4) lawsuit 5) the government having to bail out (yet again) the airline industry because no one is willing to fly with an obediance bracelet attached to them.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

I was thinking along those lines as well. If the stewardess has the control, then he/she becomes the first target of a hijacker. It puts them in immediate danger, or the "secret" air marshal could have it, a lot safer there. I'm pretty sure, but not 100% that people can be trained to "handle" electric shocks and such. Cops get sprayed in the eyes so they learn to handle it. Why not terrorists too?
There is probably no end to this at all. Flying used to be dangerous, because you were flying!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm done flying!, it should depend on how bad the threat is, to deploy the electric zapping braclette. Kinda remind me of con-air allover again. Hope haven't got on any flight attendant nevers.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

The most terrifying part of this is FLIGHT ATTENDANTS will be controlling this!!!!! I worked for Delta Airlines for years and beleive me when i tell you, you dont want those whackjobs controlling any of these toys!!
This is insanity. Just thinking about what those flight attendants, both men and women are capable of doing makes the hair on my neck stand up!

In the 80's i flew many times as an employee and my job was to acess those people and their service. I have stories that would curl your hair WITHOUT A TASER.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by dgtempe]

Well, I was a flight attendant for 6 years at Western Airlines. In all those years, I saw only ONE flight attendant who had issues or an attitude that was/were whacked out. We worked hard, were polite to passengers, no matter how they treated us and did our best to make sure everyone was comfortable and safe.
Yes, a F/A gone whacky could happen where their control issues go overboard. But it wasn't something that happens everyday. We had to deal with drunken passengers throwing up on others, extreme rudeness and even physical safety when a passenger decided to assault us once in awhile. We worked sometimes 16 hour days. We worked hard and had to endure all the dirty jokes about F/A's "loose morals". Most of us were married with children and were insulted by this characterization.

I really resent you characterizing Flight Attendant's this way. It makes us all sound whacky and dangerous and it's really unfair to generalize about any group of people.

Back on topic: I don't really think any F/A would want to have this sytem in place - we're not policemen or law enforcement officers. And as someone else stated, it makes the F/A the very first target to go after.

Here's more in from yet another website about this:

www.blacklistednews.com...

"Crew members would be empowered with radio frequency transmitters to subdue "hijackers." The technology will override a person’s central nervous system and zap them down quicker than you can say "Homeland Security." The company assures us that being dragged through the bracelet process is a "small inconvenience in order to assure your safe arrival." In fact, its studies show that most people would "happily opt" for wearing the bracelet to "insure their own security."

"The patent actually reads this:

Upon activation of the electric shock device, through receipt of an activating signal from the selectively operable remote control means, the passenger wearing that particular bracelet receives the disabling electrical shock from the electric shock device. Accordingly, the passenger becomes incapacitated for a few seconds or perhaps a few minutes, during which time the passenger can be fully subdued and handcuffed, if necessary. Depending on the type of transmission medium used to send the activating signal, other passengers may also become temporarily incapacitated, which is undesirable and unfortunate, but may be unavoidable."

"Lamperd even posts a series of letters on its website showing interest in the product for use "outside of airport security," which, of course, is the real reason for the product. Why it can be used for border control to subdue illegal aliens or by local law enforcement agencies to control the "criminal element!"

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
for use "outside of airport security," which, of course, is the real reason for the product. Why it can be used for border control to subdue illegal aliens or by local law enforcement agencies to control the "criminal element!"

This absolutely made me laugh out loud!

Border control to subdue ILLEGAL ALIENS is an intended use?!?!

I'm sorry, how would that work precisely?

Excuse me, Mister or Missus Future illegal alien, would you mind slipping this bracelet around your wrist so that when you DO manage to crawl under our fence, we can be certain you wont get far?

That absolutely escapes me.

AB1

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Sorry if i offended you. It may have just been problems with the very prestigious Delta airlines at the time.
However, from what i saw and experienced, i cannot take my comment back.
I wont get into the meat of the stories because it would further insult others.
I'm sure and i know there are many fine stewarts/stewardesess out there.
Problem is you dont know who is going to have CONTROL of that darn bracelet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join