It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Safety Proposal: Shock-Bracelets Controlled by Flight attendents!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Air Safety Proposal: Shock-Bracelets Controlled by Flight attendents!

www.boingboing.net

Lamperd, a "firearm training system" company, has patented a bracelet that delivers debilitating shocks when remotely triggered. Their killer app for this is aviation safety: they're proposing that the TSA could force everyone who flies to wear one of these and then flight-attendants could zap us into a stupor if we turn out to be Al Quaeda.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You've got to be kidding me....Hopefully the airlines won't be psychotic enough to actually ACCEPT this idea. What is this world coming to...

"Welcome aboard TASER International Airlines!"

www.boingboing.net

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Why stop there? Theaters, ballparks, concerts, the potential target sales for this boggle the mind.

Ultimate safety means zero freedom.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I agree this is downright stupid. I am a LEO and won't go along with this. If they are that afraid I would rather see them pay for a FAM (Federal Air Marshal) for ALL flights.....not just the 25% they go on now.

This just isn't smart!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

You've got to be kidding me....Hopefully the airlines won't be psychotic enough to actually ACCEPT this idea. What is this world coming to...

"Welcome aboard TASER International Airlines!"

www.boingboing.net

My thoughts exactly....all we need is some Flight-Attendant who gets a little upset because you asked for a third pack of those REALLY good peanuts....and zapp...out you go, and you would miss that REALLY good movie too.

Interesting concept, but better use for prisoners in jail....keep them in line.

However I do like "Taser International Airline"....Don't Taz me bro!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If you're going to go to extremes, why not just knock everyone out? That way you don't need attendants, food, boring movies, or bathrooms. Then we can all be lost just like our baggage.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ultimately, this will be enacted. Eventually, the plane cabin will translate to the whole world.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Heck they could jus slap them on babies ankles as they are born then there will never be a problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
All Tasers are potentially fatal and should be outlawed. No one in "authority," can analyze their next victim and recognize the danger. It is the Taser that is a menace to public safety, and we are being given psychological operations and black operations to test how much we will tolerate. In this case public apathy, or football cheering for this garbage is rampant. Is an examination of conscience in order here?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The ONLY information I can find on these bracelets ANYWHERE is the original source. Even the companies webpage doesn't mention them anywhere on it. Every source I've found goes back to the source used in this article. I'd like to see something other than just the one source about this.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Maybe this is because they switched to next generation of such a devices - a collar?

Anyway, even if this is being considered(????) it will never work. Legislation is problematic in this case, and by their own no company will be forcing people to wear it. Who wants to be sued if someone was zapped by mistake?
However may be used in "special" cases.
Also can be useful in education system....

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh my freak-ing word!!!!!

I am at a loss for words.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here's a video showing the Lampard EMD Bracelet:
www.youtube.com...

And The comment below, straight from the maker of the device themselves, ought to be enough to dissuade ANYONE from singing its praises. You don't even need to be zapped---Just be in the vicinity of someone else who is, and you may get caught in the barbequeing ripple. lol...

Here's the patent for this device. The patent actually reads this:

Upon activation of the electric shock device, through receipt of an activating signal from the selectively operable remote control means, the passenger wearing that particular bracelet receives the disabling electrical shock from the electric shock device. Accordingly, the passenger becomes incapacitated for a few seconds or perhaps a few minutes, during which time the passenger can be fully subdued and handcuffed, if necessary. Depending on the type of transmission medium used to send the activating signal, other passengers may also become temporarily incapacitated, which is undesirable and unfortunate, but may be unavoidable.

Source:
www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So we just sit around

and allow it to become reality???

WTH is wrong with us???

For Petes' sakes.

The most terrifying part of this is FLIGHT ATTENDANTS will be controlling this!!!!! I worked for Delta Airlines for years and beleive me when i tell you, you dont want those whackjobs controlling any of these toys!!
This is insanity. Just thinking about what those flight attendants, both men and women are capable of doing makes the hair on my neck stand up!

In the 80's i flew many times as an employee and my job was to acess those people and their service. I have stories that would curl your hair WITHOUT A TASER.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

From the US patent office:

Air security device

A method of providing air travel security for passengers traveling via an aircraft comprises situating a remotely activatable electric shock device on each of the passengers in position to deliver a disabling electrical shock when activated; and arming the electric shock devices for subsequent selective activation by a selectively operable remote control disposed within the aircraft. The remotely activatable electric shock devices each have activation circuitry responsive to the activating signal transmitted from the selectively operable remote control means. The activated electric shock device is operable to deliver the disabling electrical shock to that passenger.

This is rather sickening. Police state here we come.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
While the PTB will continue to point out the boogie men that they have created as the reasons why such incredibly draconian measures as this are necessary, you can be sure that the target is squarely on YOU. Total control is the goal, and these narcissistic, megalomaniacal scum will stop at nothing. Better do what you can now to stop this type of tyranny, because the point of no return looms on the horizon.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

EXACTLY. General anesthesia is the only way to go. Captain too.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Any Government that would allow the use of devices like this, deserve to be dragged kicking and screaming by the scruff of the neck from their priveliged positions in office, and thrown in jail.
I do believe it's time to elect some honest men/women into Government.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

The only way every terrorist is taken out is for the entire population to have a mass kool aid suicide. That will ensure all the terrorists are gone. The politicians can't take the kool aid because they're going to be the ones administering it. Plus, who is going to take care of the world after we're gone?

Tase me. I like the 3rd degree burns. It feels like calamine lotion on my skin.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Don't worry. You (nor I) don't have any say in the matter. Our politicians decide what is right and wrong, good and bad, and we have to like it too.

There will be some false flag terror attack to ensure our willingness to allow these kind of measures (Real ID included and RFID chipping) pass. There will be little resistance as the public will be so brainwashed into thinking this is a good thing, and those that dissent will be shipped to Guantanamo.

It seems we need another "give me liberty or give me death" speech.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join