It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Consciousness Experiment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm in. Will keep an eye on the post for a place, time and object.
It would be so cool if it worked.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sounds intresting, I'm in.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This sounds like something I want to do, count me in.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Changing the weather, causing earthquakes, or anything else that our illustrious controllers have already perfected would be silly. You know this site is being watched, so keep it clear of anything they might be able to replicate and get people all fired up.... for much ado about nuthin. WMDistraction is the name of their game and that would be too much of a temptation for these creeps.

Healing people is also silly... Someone faux healer would be standing by to claim the results.

Personally, I'd like to see W's face morph into Pinnochio... but that would be an oxy moron, pardon the pun. But then they just might do a "Face-Off" on him, as they may have done on Enron CEO...

So why not pick a distant shrub in a park and spark a Burning Bush? Pick one far enough away from anything else that could catch on fire. Have 3 independent people watch from a distance with a few jugs of water....

I agree about posting the decision at the end of the tread... then lock it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ac500

Why not all concentrate on an event topic to see if it works.
Decide on a topic (secretly) and see if it becomes that topic?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thanks for all the ideas.

I think anything dangerous, negative, or silly should be avoided (no Pinocchio faces, no burning bushes).

So far my favorite idea is samureyed's: Having huge flocks of birds/rats/animals migrate in some unusual way. It would be unlikely in nature, it's mostly harmless, and probably not unachievable if this effect is real.

Regarding the unavoidable "lottery" idea, I personally don't think you can beat the odds. If the lottery is a 1 in a million chance, you'd probably need at the very least a million people to participate to get even a 50:50 chance of winning.

BTW, don't worry about scrolling through pages and pages to find what the topic will be. If there's no way to edit my first post, I'll make a new one with all the information you need at a glance (and provide a link to it here).

Why not all concentrate on an event topic to see if it works.
Decide on a topic (secretly) and see if it becomes that topic?

That's an interesting idea, and might make an interesting thing for a future topic, but "mind reading" or this sort of thing really isn't the object of this experiment, at least. It's hard to concentrate on something when you don't even know what it is

[edit on 25-3-2008 by ac500]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As long as we don't do the 'topless Janet' thing..., Janet is my wife's name

Those goodies are mine to ogle.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Im in but couldnt see a lik for the timer???

This may not be popular....but how about we think of healing people who are ill with cancer...

Two high profile people (that im aware of);

Patrick Swayze - www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2008/03/06/wswayze106.xml
Sir Bobby Robson - news.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe miracles do happen?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm in also! If this actually works, we could move on to bigger things and try to heal our planet. What about making the white house power shut down for 5 minutes? It shouldn't hurt anything. That would be hard for anyone to do because I'm sure they have whatever it takes to keep the power on in the White House. Hey, even harder than that, lets make the white house blue!! ( for 5 min. and then write a country song about it).

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Some really good points have been made here...

Well, here's another idea to focus on:

There is an arctic ice sheet that has been getting ready to collapse. The link to the news article is below. There is a fairly good picture in this article as well. We could all focus on this picture, making a mental image of the ice sheet repairing itself - once again becoming attached to the other side.

On it's face, this may seem like a postiive thing to focus on, but ultimately it could be necessary for it to become completely disattached. (Sometimes what one deams as an inconvienence or disaster is actually quite necessary.) Nevertheless, it"s worth a whirl. What do you all say?

Oh, and here's the link:

Link to Arctic Ice Sheet Article with picture

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is why the Government would never have to worry about the citizens uprising.

Wecant even get the few of us here organized enough to do a little experiment we all agree we would participate in.Are we any closer to a subject matter yet or is hte counter gonna run out and we still have nothing. Is that the experiment? LOL

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I had thought we were still in the idea stage still. Anywho, if we all don't agree, there is bound to be a majority that will agree and they can go for it! I'll be watching!

Personally, I don't want to focus on a bunch of rodents massing together - nothing against holding "a" rat, but concentrating on masses of rodents - naw, not my thing. Lol --- but if the rest of you agree to do that one that's cool with me, I'll just wait for the next round!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How about making president Bush levitate at his next live televised speech.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The OP needs to decide what the experiment will be since it is his post. However, I hope everyone keeps in mind that there is a large chance we wont see an outcome. I doubt having a bunch of people thinking about wine will make water turn into some.

In other words, lets all start small. I believe the more connected to nature it is the more likely we are to see results. After all, if this actually works it is because we are all connected in one way or another, right down to the subatomic level. So trying to change the feature of an inanimate object just does not seem likely to me.

The only recorded results of this happening are from small amounts of water forming ice crystals based off of the emotions of 400 people. Somoene just posted the video series Here

I say we focus on something we can all visualize. Such as this live webcam of a bald eagle in Oregon.

It is the fastest cam I could find, I watched the Eagle for 3 minutes and then you have to reload the page.

How about we try and make the eagle spread its wings.. or if its not there then to return to its post.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The eagle idea is not bad. I think it will work alot better if something natural benefits, and it is clearly a posistive outcome. This is going to be hard to decide upon but we will soon decide. Il be keeping an eye out for a good post here and the final verdict in the other post which i got confused over.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I like the cancer idea. or maybe we could heal magic johnsons aids. Or maybe we could will Hillary to drop out of the race... lol srry hillary fans.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I saw this thread when it was started. I think it's a great idea. I would like to participate. Now about what we should concentrate on.. 2 nights ago I was talkin with my friend about his dad. He has leukemia.. he has had a bone marrow transplant and gone through chemo but the cancer cells are starting to grow back. He is getting another injection of donor t cells soon but that is basically his last chance. My friend and him were actually talking about stopping treatment if the donor t cells dont work. After we talked about it I remembered this thread and thought.. hmm.. maybe concentrating on rising his t cell count may be perfect. He is at the point were either his body will fight the cancer or the cancer will win and it all has to do with what happens from now until his last round of treatment. He would get another bone marrow transplant but his insurance will only pay for a t cell injection and a second mortgage is out of the question.. (he would never leave his wife, a librarian, and my friend who is still in school to pay off 2 mortgages if it didnt work.) I see that other people here think the cancer idea is good too. Especially if you consider that we would be trying to effect something that is tied into another human mind and the t cell count is actually measurable. I just thought I should offer this as a choice. And even if you guys dont choose to concentrate on this please at least put a little thought/prayer towards him.. my friend's dad is a really good guy.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I will participate, and also some friends over here in Brazil.

I think the OP should decide and keep it simple, of course something everyone can relate to.

World peace would be great, but if it is hard to believe, then it is hard to achieve.

If we should start with something small and positive/neutral, I have some suggestions to make:

- a rose plant is seeing enduring (and living) in the right hand of the Statue of Liberty.

- a bright light is seeing above the head of the Statue of Liberty (may be UFO, Venus, swamp gas, light reflection on clouds, it doesn't matter, the focus is on the light).

- No firearms will be used/shot in NY City, hence no one will be killed by them (now THAT would not go unnoticed). I now this may not be easy to get but if we concentrate hard enough and the outcome is like a 30% drop in deaths by firearms, then I'd say it's already a positive outcome.

Just some ideas...

Peace

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm in depending on what we are doing - I have a suggestion that i think is harmless to animal and human alike.
Why don't we just concentrate on making small globes/balloons of light say (2-5 metres in diameter) appear above every capital city of the world simultaneously with the word love written accross them in various gold letters?

it is physical, harmless and would definitely make the headline news if it worked. more importantly no government would have a chance to manufacture such an event in such a short space of time i.e between today and the day after tomorrow...to be able to claim they did it not us.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Very nice, and "upgrade" on my "bright light" idea...

I like this one, very much.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join