It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does Easter mean to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Happy Easter everyone!

Is this a day of bunnies and eggs? The Pagan celebration of the return of the sun and warm weather and renewal?

Easter egg hunts in city parks with children dressed nice?

Or of the risen Christ? Easter services in a Church? When the Pope pleads once again for Peace as mankind seems bent on self destruction.

Just another Sunday? Hangover? News Programs? Depression?

Easter for me is when I like to count my blessing and maybe go walk around somewhere. Of course everyday I like to count my blessings and go for a nice walk.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
MMMMM Chocolate.. arggghhhh!!
And of course the obligatory messed up weather in the UK.

Happy Easter to you too..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
To me it means annoyance because the stores are closed for three out of four days this weekend.
Other than that..nothing. I ignore it like any other "Hallmark" invented holiday.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied Other than that..nothing. I ignore it like any other "Hallmark" invented holiday.

Well, be that as it may AccessDenied; I hope the Easter Bunny comes and plants a big, messy chocolate kiss on your pretty face.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by AccessDenied Other than that..nothing. I ignore it like any other "Hallmark" invented holiday.

Well, be that as it may AccessDenied; I hope the Easter Bunny comes and plants a big, messy chocolate kiss on your pretty face.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by whaaa]

Aw thank you Whaaa..I love chocolate kisses..Hence my sig today..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hey there! thanks and Happy Easter to all you!!

What does Easter mean to me?

Well it means a bunch of snot nose kids get some crappy candy and stay way up past their bed time running off the sugar rush they got from the daily injections of candy!!

Yes they are still running around, and not going to bed.. Time to lay the smack down!!! Or just take away that candy..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It means, "It's Easter already?" and then, "I think I'll go to church this evening," and then, "I already missed church?"

*Sigh* Indeed, Hallmark.

I love Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
That Jesus Christ rose from the dead so we would all know he was truly the son of God.

It's been a while since it happened now, how quickly we forget...

That's Ok he'll be back soon.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

That Jesus Christ rose from the dead so we would all know he was truly the son of God.

LOL the sun comes back every morning... Some of you guys and your faiths just get me besides myself.. its kewl you can belive whatever you want.. But all this waiting around for some guy is a little werid.. When clearly the Son(sun) of God comes back every morning..
And sets every night...

[edit on 24-3-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I try not to focus on prophesy or the atheist/religious wars and just try to follow whatever I find to be helpful, positive, loving, and so on. It doesn't always work out that way though.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Oh I guess you fell for those juvenile puesdo scholars that say Jesus was based on the sun gods...
that was debunked many years ago when the first charlatan cashed in on you poor marks by selling a stupid book, The story of Jesus is unique. the parts that have been copied were prophesied a thousand years before the imitators. Now a few ding bats posing as researchers copy his piss poor research and repackage it to a new generation of suckers...

it's a lie and you fell for it - ignorance denied

edit: If you are interested in the truth and denying ignorance about these bogus "sun God" claims look here:
www.thedevineevidence.com...
www.bringyou.to...

[edit on 3/24/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
To me it means annoyance because the stores are closed for three out of four days this weekend.
Other than that..nothing. I ignore it like any other "Hallmark" invented holiday.

QFT. I went to run an errand today and the dang store was closed. I was really irritated. I practically forgot it was even Easter. I used to be a Christian and Easter was important back then. Now it's just an annoyance. Oh, and it also means my kids get nearly as much candy as on Halloween only without having to get dressed up to get it.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

it's a lie and you fell for it - ignorance denied

Theres a reason I put bullies ilke you on my ignore list..
Honestly I cant stand people like you...
You really make me sick with you'r smug attitude.. LIke you know it all.
Yeah Whammy you know it all dont you. And you speak for most people of your faith.. And thats why there are such clear lines drawn..
And sooner or later its going to come down to something not so pretty.

You push your crap off over this site.. And I am so sick of you being a bully around here.. I wont sit by and let you bully me..

Dont tell me anything.. I grew up around you types, and had my fill of abuse by kids like you. Nothing but a bully..
So why dont you go and nail some 15 year old boy to a cross and have a great day..

[edit on 24-3-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Getting really bored with all the festivals now and they are just that! There is no real significance to them. And I have to put up with twice as many being as the wife is Chinese. Although Chinese festivals are still more about seeing family than the needless spending of money and filling our children with junk.

It's all as AD righty said "Hallmark". That should be a swear word!

This year I received no Easter cards!! YAY!! Got a few e-cards, I'm fine with that. The relies have all had the "Please don't send me cards, put 50p in a charity box or keep the cash! An email will do fine." and it has finally sunk in, took a fews years mind!

Monkey

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

LOL the sun comes back every morning... Some of you guys and your faiths just get me besides myself.. its kewl you can belive whatever you want.. But all this waiting around for some guy is a little werid.. When clearly the Son(sun) of God comes back every morning..
And sets every night...

Ha you are the bully SON.

You did the bullying by quoting me saying why the most inportant religious holiday of the year for Christians is important. You did not have to comment on my faith. You chose to insult me and my God

When clearly the Son(sun) of God comes back every morning..

I simply denied its accuracy...

Have a nice Easter

[edit on 3/24/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

well being a jew and also at the same time a follower of the Messiah----the catholic easter means nothing to me.
i'm waiting for the passover to observe it as Messiah instructed(luke 22:19)
this year the passover, one of G-D's holydays(leviticus 23)occurs after sunset as the daylight portion of april 20th ends and its night portion begins.biblically days start at sunset not by the roman midnight to midnight.april 21 is passover day and april 22 to april 28 are the 7 days of unleavened bread according to the aaronic/levitical lunar calendar.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
To me, it means it's a good time to check the zombie survival kit. Make sure everything is up to date, the machete is still sharp, and the rounds are still good. No zombies returning from the dead in my neighborhood!

Zombie defense station

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I work for Wal-mart and they were open on Easter, at least in Minnesota.

Easter is not a religious thing for me. I am not Christian and let's face it, it is majorly pagan in origins. Even the name "Easter" is pagan.

However Easter is another holiday for me that reminds me of the happy times of my childhood, and so I do try to extend that joy down to my own children. I try not to get them a lot of candy though.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
easter is a damn fine excuse for our family to get together on a friday public holiday, and eat a whole pile of seafood.

we are not religious and dont believe in imaginary friends with special powers.

we just use it as an excuse to have a big seafood meal.

muscles, whole snapper fried on the bbq, octopus legs in a bbq marinade, whiting fillets, squid rings (calamari)

ohh, so much fine, yummy seafood we eat

washed down with a coopers ale or 3, who can resist!

new topics

top topics

join