It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview With Tiki The Murderous Elephant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Thank you for the comment WW.
I did catch the error, after the ability to correct it was removed.
I am so glad to hear of your fondness for elephants. Thank you for reading my story.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
WOWOWOW
GREAT story my friend sizzle!! Well i guess you optimize that name "sizzle" hehehe...

Was a great read and being a HUGE animal lover i absolutely loved the story.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Thank you Shearder,
I am correct in remembering, that you live in the African region? Maybe you could give some personal insight?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Yes i live in south africa. We get a lot of wild life videos and documentaries and news items on TV and other media. In so far as personal experiences go the closest i have been to an elephant was in the wild in the Kruger national park and it was about 30 meters away (100 feet i think). There were about 7 elephant walking across the road. They showed little interest in us though the one did stop in the road as the others walked by and then followed. Almost like a points man lol...

I have seen many in captivity in zoos and are really well cared for. There have been reports of elephant abuse IN our borders and i will have to research to help remember who the offending people were - but i remember it being pretty bad.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

I was hoping that you lived in one of the regions, where there had been attacks on humans, by the elephants, and could give some inside info. Seems (in theory) that humans, have brought it upon themselves, by years of mistreatment of the elephant. Thanks.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

well i have to say i agree with that because humans have "stolen" their natural habitat. I mean if humans started to steal other humans land there will, and has been, war!!

Why should it be any different with animals. I believe it is just the same only different "species". Good for the elephants but bad in the sense that they then get killed off because their natural instinct is not necessarily to kill anything and everything. whereas humans have this thing that if it belongs to someone else, take it or kill for it.

I guess if i was an animal and my natural habitat was "stolen" from me I would certainly resort to fighting back!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I enjoyed your story sizzle

Here`s the vid that I recently watched and just had to send it to you.

I`d be surprised if anyone isn`t left in awe from seeing this,I would have found this hard to believe without seeing this with my own eye`s.

Though as I said,not that I like animals performing tasks for our entertainment or cruelty toward animals,this video shows the intelligence of elephants.

Watch

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
My apologies GPS777, for the delay in thanking you for this addition to Tiki's story. I did watch this on my profile page. I am speechless. This is just so awesome that proper words fail me. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
sizzle that is an amazing story. You are a very gifted writer. Very wonderful, brought tears to my eyes

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wonderful story! Well done and thanks for sharing.

If you want to help, consider supporting the sheldrick trust. They do some great work with elephants.

www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What a beautiful story. I remember when I was a teenager I went to the Circus and outside there was an Asian Elephant giving rides. I felt disgusted the whole time because I had never been to the Circus before and I seen all the Tigers in tiny Cages and the treatment of the Animals. But she was giving rides and the Children were laughing and enjoying themselves on her. But the Handler was poking her with a Cattle Prod and She winced everytime He did this. Then I looked into her eyes and she into mine, and I have never seen such sadness. She even moved slowly and hunched in her depressed state. She was thin and her skin very dry, scars around her ankles. Its like she was asking me to help her. I vowed never to go to a circus again and pay those people money to hurt innocent creatures. Now I protest outside ringling brothers every year when they arrive in my town. Thank you for posting your story. It was very touching.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

Thank you for posting yours.
I want to do something for these animals. I feel very passionate about it. I just do not know what. It hurts me deeply. Your story brings tears to my eyes.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I wonder if dear Ganesha has been offended greatly by the clutches of greedy men and their lack of duty to protect the elephant herds instead. I didn’t realize this thread was under ‘Short Stories’ and found the ‘interview’ was astonishingly real as if I was there feeling the elephants loss yet later experiencing great joy of release from the past.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
I just do not know what.

You have the link.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Sorry, I am a little confused.
Would you enlighten me? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Thank you so much for your remarks. I sense that you really care for the elephants, also. I just wish that this story or "Something,' could reach the right people and have a great enough impact to make needed changes. It would be so terrible to lose these gentle giants or to continue to watch them suffer.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am just reading this on my friends account whilst he hogs/abuses my computer as I am being unmotivated about joining myself yet, my first post from me on his account about something I believe in anyway. Will have to sign up I guess. I went from so enchanted by the story to heartbroken at the end, the teenager specifically was SICKENING!!!

How beautiful to have that communication with animals, I know of a few people in England who can, two I have met but cant remember names, have them somewhere, Basically the interesting thing about them is they can also contact passed animal spirits, which is damn intriguing to me as I LOVE that animals pass over too because I am a huge animal lover and have had some Weird "spiritual communication" with them too, probably too weird for here even by my own insane standards haha,

But what stands out really is Africa, How is this still happening? I was chatting to someone months ago about Ivory trade and film Gorillas in the mist and wondered why now dont more charitable organisations tranquilize animals in Africa of which are Killed for Ivory industry, if they had them removed surgically then it would prevent that murder.

Another disgusting this is Ignorant Status obsessed people with too much money and NO sense who are visiting Africa and places with vast landscapes and endangered animals and Paying to Kill them, That is complete Murder, no matter How you look at it, YET they get away with it? Why? I'm a member of more animal protection organisations than I can list but why isnt anything EVER happening to protect animals?

It is said Pigs have the intelligence of a teenager, I personally think it goes beyond that, My experiences of Dogs and training them has shown me unbelievable intelligence so I think its peoples ignorance that they assume animals are beneath us on the evolutionary scale, Ive read soooooooo many articles about animals and evolution in a spiritual respect even down to nutty ideas that Dogs for example incarnate as Dogs 17 times to raise evolutionary scale THEN they can choose to be Human, That is MENTAL but still cant judge it Too much haha,

Anyway one of my billion aims in life is to open sanctuaries throughout the world, Yes I know there are tons everywhere Anyway but I do not believe in the term "Putting the down" its basically Murder! and If or WHEN I open them I will NEVER do so, I looked into all this years ago and decided financially a way to support sanctuaries from certain angles is in Biology in Education systems more people are refusing to disect animals, I know I did back then despite being intrigued morbidly about anything like that I held my beliefs and Now companies exist that provide replica animals to disect, GENIUS!

But also what better a way to explore physical conditions is by physical experiences, I thought Schools could fund the sanctuaries by having students visit on case studies, adoptions, as not just Biology could be considered there but Religion and other subjects animals could be relevant in.
Anyway another thought is back in the 90's I read that scientists had proven Animal Contact with Elderly and Sick patients in hospital can help healing process, my only understanding of that is possibly lowering stress levels and calming the person, but anyway theres another possible funding option haha yeah I go over the top but I think of solutions to EVERYTHING! and this story is inspiring for people to find that understanding regarding all they cannot or do not understand.

Still a Beautiful story especially Tiki's parents coming to her, as thats an element most people experience during death, "Apparently" haha not in MY experience but I've witnessed it happening to others, people conversing with others in spirit whilst in that state, WEIRD! but interesting to me. Truly heartbreaking thing is animals dont live as long as us. Wish they did!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Flagged this on his account so when I join I can re-flag it on mine (made sense in MY mind hahahaha)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It seems westerners and africans have less appreciation for the elephant than those of the far east. In countries like Pakistan, Indonesia and Thailand, the elephant is highly revered, treated as a member of ones own family and abuse of them is unthinkable to these people. They have a highly symbiotic relationship with the elephant whereby the elephant does labour and in return he/she is fed and loved. Amongst the most beautiful creatures of the planet are the elephants, along with whales, dolphins and man, these creatures show a capacity for deep emotion and higher intellect. Thanks for this post OP

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

Thank you, Red_leader,
I appreciate your sharing of insight into how other countries and peoples, treat animals. Especially the elephants.
In defense of my country (LOL), There are a great many animal sympathizers who do fight for the rights and protection of all animals. Heartfelt thanks to you all. Sizzle

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join