It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinction Level Event? Pointers To The Approaching Catastrophe!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If Siv Jensen become the prime minister of Norway in 2009, I'm sure the world will come to an end

But seriously, as a Norwegian I find this very strange! But what do I know

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanley Mimix

Nothing. There's no proof anything will happen. To act now would be folly.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
reply to post by OptionToChoose

"Did you, or did you not make a claim that there is zero evidence for said dark star or rogue planet? I think you did."

Lets go on a tangent on this for a moment: If there is 'no evidence for:' something; it stands to reason that the evidence against is self-evident.

But just in case:

There is no evidence in the geological tables for a celestial intruder event.

There are no tales handed down via word of mouth (unless you count very open-to-interpretation comet stories and someone deciding that texts mean something based on personal merit.. . .

Etc.

Agreed, but my statement in question was not a claim, yet the disgruntled person I responded to seemed somehow to think it was. That had to be corrected. I have no way of knowing if there is a Planet X or not, and I have a different belief regarding how things may go south for earth as we know it, and that -- imho -- is irrelevant to this thread.

Then I was demanded to provide proof! Again, I must wonder, proof of what? Again, I made no claim. Yet, my attacker did make a claim ("there is zero evidence...", which to me is simply impossible to actually know) and when I asked for his/her proof of that, the person tripped out. But, honestly, that was the extent of my concern. I will likely never allow wrong information to be attributed to me, if there is opportunity to correct such a situation. You may feel the same way regarding yourself, or maybe not.

As to the geological timetable, I'm familiar with it. And I will also never -- as long as I'm sane -- declare to you nor anyone else exactly what it was that ended the reign of the dinosaur, for example, as I was simply not there, nor do I personally know anyone who was. And that, to me, is the only way one can make a definitive statement regarding an event for which evidence is extremely nominal, at best, is to actually have been in close proximity for a personal observation of the event.

Nor will I declare what NASA, ESA, JAXA, or any other group have or have not seen, since these groups seem to actually reveal very little fringe-type information to the general public, and I don't have a spaceship to fly out there and see for myself.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

If you don't have proof positive, you should not be in support of the rogue planet/dark star hypothesis, and yet you clearly are.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

The RELIGION OF SCIENCE's "SCIENTIFIC" method is flawed in that:

1. It seduces folks into believing that's the only valid way to KNOW anything.

2. It is managed by a high priesthood that punishes anyone with exclusion who dares to believe or write anything not part of the official doctrines and dogmas.

3. It blinds one to the immersion mode of learning and knowing--which is the only way SOME things can become WELL KNOWN.

4. Evidently my post above had some confusing parts . . . I'll try again . . . I think one's spouse would prefer to be KNOWN by the immersion method vs the scalpel, dissecting method.

5. Both methods have something to offer depending on the issues, context, goal, object to be known.

6. Dissecting something to be known--in which the process of dissecting it destroys it . . . leaves at least a chunk of data about the object no longer knowable.

7. The RELIGION OF SCIENCE's "scientifi" method is typically ran these days by a bunch of clueless high priests, bishops and the like who are extremely blind to anything not fitting their world view that there is NO supernatural; NO mystical; NO inexplicable non-reductionist realities which CANNOT be KNOWN via the scalpel

Oh--and NO RIGHT OR WRONG--except--to disagree with their priesthood, doctrines and dogma.

LOL.

I could go on . . . but that's all I care to bother with at the moment . Others hereon may well be better at responding than I on this issue, anyway--though most of the mods and a high percentage of the troops are in sync with the high priests of the RELIGION OF SCIENCE.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Man ATS, you really know how to kill a thread. The back and forth sniping here is ridiculous. Virtually everyone who says it's not true has failed to offer any evidence as to why his assertions are misguided or wrong - only your disdainful opinions.

The Op was a very excellent layout of possibilities and supporting evidence. I can't say I am fully convinced but I am much better informed having read it. Thanks.

ATS needs to decide right quick the nature of its business - is it predominately a debate forum or an alternitive news forum? Because it sure is having a hard time doing both lately.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

You don't understand...it's always OP who has the burden of proof if OP is making a claim.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
reply to post by kosmicjack

You don't understand...it's always OP who has the burden of proof if OP is making a claim.

He writes a theory, and wants to discuss it, how many people here can prove aliens exist? None, yet there are discussions about the topic everyday here.

Can anyone prove 9/11 was a inside job? No but people discu... uh ok maybe that was a bad example!!

It's a discussion Forum our purpose here is to discuss things! Some are hypothetical things, things that can't be proven!

Nowhere in the T&C does it state you must prove what topics you wish to discuss!

If you can't get your head around this, this might not be the forum for you.

But by all means discuss this, even if you don't agree, but do please bring more to the table other than your opinion that the topic is dumb and people shouldn't believe.

Half of the threads I have authored here, I don't believe in, I just wanted to Discuss them.

****OOPS MY Bad Off topic Post!!!****

[edit on 23-3-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I'm sorry, but isn't it a bit unethical to make a claim that you either don't believe or can't prove?

Yes, it is, it's called LYING!

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If the Earth did have a binary twin, it would not mean a looming disaster. Binary stars revolve around each other most at such a distance that it would not affect life on this planet. Wikipedia has a good graphic showing an elliptical orbit of a binary system.

en.wikipedia.org...

The same would be true of a planet x, even if the orbit was so elliptical to only come near the sun every 3,000 years or so. I have yet to see any convincing evidence of how either one would cause a disaster.

I also agree that armature astronomers would have found either one by now. You would be surprised at the technology that is available off the shelf. Just because they say it is approaching from the south does not make it hard to find.

The solar flare is another that I think that most people won't even notice it when it happens.

Just my .02

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by enddays

Rather than a massive solar flar how about the idea that the ice capes reflect alot of the solar radiation from the sun back out to space. With icecapes now due to be gone in the next 5 years is there going to be alot of solar radiation that is not going to be refected back out to space is this going to be an accumilative event ulimately resulting in the death of everything that is exposed to the increasing solar radiation

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If you listen closely to the audio the person getting interviewed sounds like he is BS'ing in the highest degree, in fact if you listen to the interview quite a few times he is lead by the host and makes up as he goes.

I had to listen to it a couple of times but the 3rd time it had Hoax written all over it.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Just a thought to support this theory of ELE, "Extinction Level Event". Since the Bush family has been in office, father and son, we have been under the "National Emergency" status. It has never been recinded. Also, there have been Trillions of dollars that have dissapeared, by that I mean unaccounted for, since 1983 and earlier. It is common knowlege that we have extensive underground bases and tunnels. Some hold over a thousand personel, with all the necessary ammenities for survival for a considerable length of time. A great many are available to view on the web. Our government is very secretive about their black projects, not at all like Norway.

None of the information can be dismissed as untrue or disinformation. That would be foolish, not to mention suicidal. I live in the country and grow my own food. I also have two years of dry stores, rice, etc. I may not make it, you may not make it. But we need to at least warn our children and grandchildren so they have a choice where they want to try to survive. We need to approach this with a logical direction. Panic is what the government fears the most. So do I. That is why I don't live in the city.

God be with you all.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mullet35

mullet35, good questions. However, since we are talking about fields of ice AT THE POLES, and since not much sunlight reaches the POLES...the reflectivity from that part of the planet seems moot.

Some sunlight is reflected from the oceans, of course...and from cloud cover (which of course varies radically). AND, there are other areas of the planet besides the poles that can be snow-covered, and help to reflect...to keep the 'albedo' of the planet such that it doesn't become a heat 'death-trap' like Venus.

We really don't know enough yet, do we? Many variables come into play...not only Earth's surface features, but the Sun's activity and the amount of dust or obscuration that our Solar System might encounter during its travels through the Galaxic Plane....just guessing, but most of these varibles probably work on Geological timescales, not Human timescales. Just a guess......

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dontwannadie

Huh Oh!! I suggest you go easy on the gas. Don't step on it too hard or you'll land up in hospital with blood pressure that's sure to crack the instruments!

So my dear man, are you trying to prove your 'intellectual capabilities' by going overboard with your aggressive tone, over excitement and over-the-top exuberance of you verbosity? Relax! We’re here on ATS to discuss issues. Not to bash each other, because that results in digression of the issue at hand.

If you have valid arguments, do put them across in a more mature and gentlemanly manner. Such tirades reflect on intellectual bankruptcy of the person concerned, who wants to show that he’s a know-all and an expert in a subject that he knows little about!

I don’t for a moment suggest that the world IS going to end. Far from it! These are just ‘pointers’ as I have mentioned. The trouble is that in your enthusiasm to score points, you have not even bothered to read the OP properly. Do take the time to read it again to comprehend what I have written instead of flying over it at warp speed and blasting the OP as well as the thread without understanding the gist.

So cool that radiator of yours and join me for a beer! There’s still time!!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I could make a bunch of claims, pull it in with related links and be like "LOL LIKE THERE IS THIS PLANET AND ITS LIKE GOING TO HIT THE EARTH BECAUSE I HAVE LINKS TO THINGS ABOUT SPACE"

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I also agree that armature astronomers would have found either one by now. You would be surprised at the technology that is available off the shelf. Just because they say it is approaching from the south does not make it hard to find.

Check this out, although I'd take this with a pinch of salt! The vid claims that it has been taken by the SPT...

On February 20, 2008, a 37-year old YouTube Director in Switzerland with the screen name of NibiruShock2012 posted images of Planet X that were allegedly taken by the South Pole Telescope (SPT) in Antarctica.
yowusa.com...

I can't vouch for its authenticity. But the question is, what if it's the real deal?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hi Everybody, this is my first post, I have been reading for here for some time but have now decided its time to make the plunge into posting. so here goes the first post....

this all looks and feels way to real to me, I will add what I think to be relevant to this thread. From the divinecosmos.com site I have gathered this information, I will also mention that I have great respect for the work of richard hoagland and david wilcock. As of 2001 these were some of the noticable measurable changes taking place in the solar system

SUN: The Sun’s magnetic field is over 230 percent stronger now than it was at the beginning of the 1900s, and its overall energetic activity has sizably increased, creating a frenzy of activity that continues to embarrass NASA’s official predictions.

VENUS: Venus is now glowing in the dark, as is Jupiter’s moon Io.

EARTH: In the last 30 years, Earth’s icecaps have thinned out by as much as 40 percent. Quite inexplicably, just since 1997 the structure of the Earth has shifted from being slightly more egg-shaped, or elongated at the poles, to more pumpkin-shaped, or flattened at the poles. No one at NASA has even bothered to try to explain this yet. Link to full article at NASA.

MARS: The icecaps of Mars noticeably melted just within one year, causing 50-percent changes in surface features. Atmospheric density had risen by 200 percent above previous observations as of 1997.

JUPITER: Jupiter has become so highly energized that it is now surrounded by a visibly glowing donut tube of energy in the path of the moon Io. The size of Jupiter’s magnetic field has more than doubled since 1992.

SATURN: Saturn’s polar regions have been noticeably brightening, and its magnetic field strength increasing.

URANUS: According to NASA’s Voyager II space probe, Uranus and Neptune both appear to have had recent magnetic pole shifts – 60 degrees for Uranus and 50 for Neptune.

NEPTUNE: Neptune has become 40 percent brighter in infrared since 1996, and is fully 100-percent brighter in certain areas. Also, Neptune’s moon Triton has had a “very large percentage increase” in atmospheric pressure and temperature, comparable to a 22-degree Fahrenheit increase on Earth.

PLUTO: As of September 2002, Pluto has experienced a 300-percent increase in its atmospheric pressure in the last 14 years, while also becoming noticeably darker in color.

also...

Russian and NASA data has confirmed that the front end of the Sun’s magnetic field has become over 1000 percent brighter in the last 30+ years. We know that if you rub a piece of metal fast enough, you create what is known as friction, and the metal will begin glowing red-hot. In the same manner, the extra dust and energy in this new galactic energy zone is colliding with the Sun’s magnetic field, causing friction and creating a visible static charge of “plasma” energy at the front that is rapidly increasing in size and brightness.

As of 1997, Dr. Aleskey Dmitriev and other Russian scientists observed that the Galactic space we are now moving into is showing significantly higher concentrations of matter and energy, including charged particles of hydrogen, helium and hydroxyl, in addition to other new combinations of elements.

Although the West has always lagged behind the Russians in the scientific arena, they are finally catching up. Just as of August 2003, an ESA/NASA experiment called DUST, launched with the Ulysses satellite in 1990, has discovered that there is 300 percent more dust from our Galaxy entering the Solar System now than there was throughout all of the 1990s. More dust and more charged particles means more energy, more density, which is exactly the word Ra used to describe this new intergalactic zone. www.newscientist.com...

I really think we are heading for complete shifting of the solar systems resonance frequency, Nibiru or black hole approach could be couple with a moving into a denser region of milky way galaxy itself

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by enddays

I just read about the Wolf Rayet star, and the dangers it imposes on earth. They call the combination of these 2 swirling spiraling stars WR104, one is an 'o' star and not that much of a threat. The other, the wold rayet star, is a massive luminous star that typically wil explode as a super nova, resulting in a gamma ray burst that will change life as we know it, catastrophic events including high energy radiation that would impact the earth, solar winds, olbliteration of our ozone layer, ect. To make matters even worse, the thing is pointing straight at earth, when it blows the cosmic dust and gamma rays will directly hit earth. I think this event is what the Mayans knew about. I don't surmise to say how they knew it, but I believe that they did.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Also I find this to be of relevance as it seems to me to be the manifesting of the new human race and abilites. this is one small page of amazing information available at psychicchildren.co.uk

I wont often suggest you read a site as we are all capable of finding what resonates most with ourselves but this is a gem of a site I came across I think is really worth reading through.

The ‘Super Psychics’ of China, have been recognized and nurtured by their Government for the last 25 years. Corresponding to the time frame of the Indigos, and recognized by Nancy Ann Tappe in her early research, the phenomena in China has reached a critical point. Paul Dong and Thomas E Raffill, authors of China’s Super Psychics, state that millions of dollars have been spent researching EHF, or 'Extra Human Function' in these children. Schools and research centres are widespread throughout the country. By 1997, 100,000 of these Children had been recognised. No research has revealed the numbers at present, but it is clear the numbers are increasing rapidly.

Now to get on to the incredible mind bending abilities some of these Children have. Let’s start with some gems from the book Chinas Super Psychics .One skill the children were able to develop was ‘psychic writing’, a technique where they were asked to imagine some written words on a blank piece of paper inside a closed pencil case. The case would be opened a short time later and on it were the words written in pencil. A girl from Shanghai called Xiao Kiong was the first to demonstrate this ability and so in 1981, EHF researchers at Yunnan Wenshan Teachers’ College in Yunna Province selected 5 children with EHF for further training. It was soon found that when blindfolded, these children were able to see with their ears, nose, mouth, tongue, armpits, hands or feet. These tests were not right just some of the time, they were flawless. American new-age magazine Omni got involved when the tests were set up to check there could be no cheating.

From a stack of books one was selected, then opened at random and a page was ripped out and crumpled up in to a small ball. It was placed in the armpit of one of the children - and the child could read every word on the page perfectly. After many more tests Omni magazine became convinced these kids were for real. But Omni were not the only ones present. Zhu Yiyi, editor of Shanghai’s Nature Magazine, a prestigious science journal also witnessed these events.

On another occasion, a thousand people were sitting in an auditorium and were each given a rose-bud. A six-year-old girl came on stage and with a silent wave of her hand; the thousand rosebuds would slowly open to fully blossom into beautiful roses before the eyes of the astonished audience. Another child would take a sealed bottle off a shelf at random and place it at the centre of a table. After a few moments the pills passed through the glass bottle and settled on the table. In many cases, the child would then take another object, such as a coin, put it on the table and it would pass back into the sealed bottle. There are many more stories like these in Chinas Super Psychics, but lets now look into the ‘Children of the Blue-Ray’.

If you go to psychicchildren.co.uk the first link is for the children, then click the link for the indigo children, then read from there linking through the 'next' page link.
I see hope for a better earth through all this change, even if all human life is wiped from the planet, we as life energy will still exist and quite possible in much more peaceful vibrations, and the earth will rebuild itself back to life as it always has in past catastrophic events. All mass extinctions of the earth from years past have also led the way to mass rebirths.

Its all so fascinating

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join