It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extinction Level Event? Pointers To The Approaching Catastrophe!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Im intrigued with a third possibility... an approaching Black Hole,

is there a connection with the gravity pull of an approaching
Black Hole on our SolarSystems frabric of time-space ??

is the pull of gravity, from the wandering mini-Black Hole, actually stretching this parsec of space
and that stretching resulting in friction,
and then creating the heating we are witnessing all throughout the planets and our section of space...
and the recently discovered anomalies in trajectory of space crafts...
as the OP points out

Are we getting an insiders view of the effects of 'Gravitational Lensing' of our solar sysem caused by the passing Black Hole ?

Our collective thought might comprehend a roving 'Planet X'
or even a tandem brown dwarf star doing a cosmic dance with our own Sun...but the almost unimanageable stangeness of a BH encounter
might be only understood as supernatural

feel free to glance over this item:
www.dailygalaxy.com...

and let your mind roam around the possibilities

[edit on 23-3-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm confused as to what Project Camelot is asserting (or whether it asserts anything at all, or is simply a forum for discussion and media resources for those studying related subjects.) The phone calls on the website say that Planet X was disinformation, but not what the actual reason for the seed vault(s) is. They then go on to elaborate about spirits, the divine plan, and a plan to reduce the global human population. What, if anything, is the cohesive assertion or theory being proposed?

Are they just brainstorming? I'm just curious, fascinated, and slightly puzzled.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Some additional information in the form of images on the South Pole Telescope (SPT)
thought all of you would like to see:

img186.imageshack.us...

img201.imageshack.us...

img237.imageshack.us...

img390.imageshack.us...

The South Pole site:

Ground based astronomical observations at mm and sub-mm wavelengths place extreme requirements on the transmission and stability of the atmosphere. Steady atmospheric emission loads the bolometric detectors and adds photon noise, reducing overall sensitivity. Fluctuations in atmospheric brightness add noise to the detector timestream data as well.

For these reasons high altitude sites, preferably with stable atmospheric conditions, are needed for ground based observations such as those targeted by the SPT.

Emission from the atmosphere consists of two components, one due to “dry air” which results from the wings of oxygen lines and a second component due to water vapor. The “dry air” component is well-mixed in the atmosphere and produces a signal that is only a function of elevation, commonly removed by beam switching. Water vapor, on the other hand, exhibits considerable variations in its density. These fluctuations in water vapor density result in spatial variations in the brightness of the sky.

img237.imageshack.us...

img201.imageshack.us...

img397.imageshack.us...

And here is a detailed look at the telescope dimensions, overall design:

img397.imageshack.us...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well i think it is sensible that a noah's ark of crops and seeds and animals be kept for future generations. We are so hell bent on killing each other. It#s only a matter of time before a terrorists get their hands on a weapon of mass destruction. As to Planet X i could'nt really say anything about that. If it is true at least i would not have to worry about my debt problems anymore !

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Honestly there is too much we don't know about the universe to start speculating about what is going to happen. They can go hide underground but chances are it will be like a "Blast from the Past" movie. They go underground, nothing happens we live on. Or since Nibiru is a dwarf star it would be huge, so chances that all those underground bases surviving is not that great. They would need to be resistant to volcano's, earthquakes, flooding above the facility, or it could throw off our orbit around the sun and mess up the climate.

Really though I don't care what happens, I'll be here watching TV.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinesis
reply to post by neformore

. . . Scapegoating the growing problem we face on earth, by asserting that every other planet in our solar system is suffering the same ill effects because of the sun is entirely baseless.

Yet, if warming/climate change is really taking place throughout the Solar System, how can it be considered scapegoating? It's kinda like the phrase used in that Will Smith movie, Enemy of the State . . . "It's not paranoia if they're really after you." If there's really a dark star/unknown rogue planet wreaking havoc, it seems better to prepare for that (mentally, if nothing else) than to become angry, ignore and explain it away.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OptionToChoose

There is zero evidence for said dark star or rogue planet. Please go throw away your Sitchin books now!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I may be mistaken, but this story of a Norwegion Politician sure rings a bell in my memory, as if it was here on ATS some months ago?

However, kudos to Mike Singh for fleshing it out with much more depth. Great work. Of course, question is: Why the Norwegians? Is it just that they 'spilled the beans'?

If there is any merit to this story, then at least we know the Human Race will survive in some form. While the loss of life will be tragic, perhaps our species needs a purge...no, that's a terrible thing to suggest, but I left it in just in case someone else might be thinking it....what I mean, if it's a natural disaster that's beyond our technology to prevent, then best case scenario is to use what we have and survive the species.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico

There is zero evidence for said dark star or rogue planet. Please go throw away your Sitchin books now!

You know, I've actually found myself agreeing with you in various threads on the rare occasion of late, but this is not necessarily one of those times. I need proof that you know for certain that NASA/other org did not observe any Planet X-type of anomaly in 1983, prior or since. When you provide that proof, I'll strongly consider joining you that all this end-time garbage is just that.

Peace be unto thee.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I watched a show a few months back where they were saying they were preparing for the massive solar flares that were due in October, 2011 and the havoc they could play with the communications here on Earth and the panic that could occur because of this.

I don't like hearing gloom and doom myself but I must say there is something that happens here that is/was not supposed to have happened.

Even I with being an experiencer don't have the information but I have no doubt I and many like myself will know when it nears and what we are to do.

I was told by these beings that somethings happens/happened here that was not supposed to have happen/happened. This is why I am here and many like myself, we are going to help you through whatever this is. These beings are also going to do whatever they can when this time approaches. I will say it won't be good but some people will survive.

I don't know when this is going to happen but I do know it will be before March 17, 2046

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That's just a despicable stock hardcore believer trick. Asking me to DISPROVE something. Well, you wanna know something? It's impossible to disprove most things, including what you just asked me to. You, however, are the one making the claim, so you have the burden of proof. We should not believe something exists until we have proof positive of it, something you cannot provide.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by chromatico]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thanks Mike for another interesting thread.

You provided multiple reasons why we could be headed towards extinction. I am under the impression that humans will make it, although it may be a drastically reduced number and "only the strong will survive" (and those who were smart enough to make contingency plans like everyone in the survival forum
).

Do I know Planet X is coming? No, but we are definitely seeing widespread galactic change that could be attributed to solar warming. We just don't know.

I look forward to an exciting next few years no matter what happens.

Great job

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That's just a despicable stock hardcore believer trick. Asking me to DISPROVE something. Well, you wanna know something? It's impossible to disprove most things, including what you just asked me to. You, however, are the one making the claim, so you have the burden of proof. We should not believe something exists until we have proof positive of it, something you cannot provide.

It is despicable, yet you demand it in all the threads you post in. But if you'd stop trying to start fights and read what you read, you would have observed that I said:

if warming/climate change is really taking place throughout the Solar System,

IF warming/climate change... IF . . .
does "IF" really sound like a claim to you? Be honest, now.

We also should not believe something does not exist until we have proof positive of that, either. K?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm interested in this John Maynard guy who is supposed to be the head of the operation.

Sat, 29 Mar 2003 05:56:51 -0800

"Ex-DIA analyst and UFO-reality proponent John Maynard has been arrested and charged for violating his National Security oath as regards statements made in conjunction with his activity as a UFO-reality witness with the Disclosure Project. He currently is incarcerated in a federal facility, location uncertain."

www.virtuallystrange.net...

Edit: www.surfingtheapocalypse.com...
From Disinformation to Disclosure

[edit on 23-3-2008 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!

Your first piece of factual evidence to "corroborate what he says", he being a "Norwegian politician" is complete trash. You're an alarmist and this bogus piece of manipulative propaganda is just another fine example of how easily the truth can be twisted with your "content from external source" windows and ridiculous headline "Pointers to the Approaching Catastrophe."

Here's the post from mikesingh:

NASA’s Warning

NASA has recently published report of an impending disaster due to the sun’s magnetic anomalies that will probably result in destruction of satellite communications, GPS, Air Traffic, and Power Grids and so on. They believe that Solar Cycle 24 will be big and intense, peaking in 2011 or 2012.

Here's the truth:

Recently researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense solar maximum in fifty years. (fifty years!!!!)
The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).
"The next sunspot cycle will be 30% to 50% stronger than the previous one," she says. If correct, the years ahead could produce a burst of solar activity second only to the historic Solar Max of 1958.
"Old magnetic fields swept up then should re-appear as big sunspots in 2010-2011." Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012.

The solar max in 2012 will be second only to the historic Solar Max of 1958.

The 1958 solar maximum came and went with a yawn.
The 2012 solar max will be less intense. Worried? I'm not.

Folks, right out of the gate this thread is
unnecessarily dramatic (not to mention chalked full of phony facts).

Shall I pick apart the rest of it, or is this good enough?

I think we've got enough to worry about... so, I'm delighted
to derail anyone who gets a rise out of pushing people's panic buttons.
mikesingh's avatar is a skull behind a space suit...
is he looking to scare you? You bet he is! Is it working?? I hope not!
Don't believe the B.S.

Anyone who would like sensible info on 2012 can view my post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind Regards,
Robert

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No, it's despicable to ask for disproof. It is very honorable to ask for proof, which I frequently do.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
An ELE event is called an ELE event (IMHO) for one reason and one reason only.........

Sweet FA on the planet will survive it......no matter how far underground in a bunker you happen to be........!

There may well be more plausible reasons for these bunkers and stores but it certainly is NOT in preperation for an ELE.......I mean what would be the point?

I do concur though these bases and stores/vaults warrant further investigation.

MR

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Did you, or did you not make a claim that there is zero evidence for said dark star or rogue planet? I think you did.

I asked for proof of your claim, you provided none, and proceeded into a typical boring rhetorical trollish yap-session, that it was my burden to provide proof. Proof of what? I made no claim.

Sweety, I have neither the time nor inclination to lock horns with a troll who consistently brings nothing to threads it tries to derail but strife. So, in a moment or two, I'll be giving you the almighty Ignore click, so that whatever new pointlessness you have for me I will never even know of it, and thank God. I honestly have zero interest in being drawn into an endless, demeaning, unrelated-to-thread loop of foolishness.

Been real [not], and in your future posts, try to add to the conversation, instead of trying to distract from it. Troll is old.

Oh, and happy Easter!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I am not a troll. I will just not tolerate ATS degenerating into a supermarket tabloid. Where is YOUR proof that this planet or star exists? Please do not bring something forward that has not already been debunked.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Though I agree with the following: I just wanted to point out the obvious about the following statement:

If everyone subscribed to that, this forum wouldn't exist. Also, scientific methodology is all about disproving hypothesii which are initially presented-though generally the hypothesis is required to have proof before presentation. (hate those weird conjugative words: hypothesises etc.). Again: I agree to where you are coming from, but there are better ways, such as the Socratic method etc,.

On the original thread it stated that every 1k years the 'dark star' comes in for a drive by. Has anyone seen items which could indicate historical impact (re: 12ad, 1012ad etc,. If it is real, and IF it does indeed come in swoops like that we would see effects around the world in records somewhere.

(BTW: Mechwarrior rocks, havnt seen that pic in awhile
)

[edit on 23-3-2008 by lordtyp0]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join