It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahabharata, Evidence of Ancient Nuclear Wars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Genesis 1:28:
28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth

Why replenish?

Pre-Adamite creation: (Dake) believed that there was a gap of time between Genesis 1:1 and verse 2. In this period of time there existed the world that then was. (2 Peter 3:5-6) Adam, he says was to replenish the earth which had been previously filled and destroyed before his day. (Genesis 1:28)12

I believe ancient societies experienced a nuclear war. Perhaps some of the ancients prepared for it as we do now in society?

The dominant scientific theory remains that the Egyptian pyramids were built to serve as tombs.Theosophy

What if the pyramids were nothing more than nuclear shelters for the rich and elite of the day?

...detailed descriptions of how to build a nuclear radiation shelter parallel many facets of pyramids. If I am correct about the major role of cosmic rays in global cataclysms that occured in our distant past, and the ancients believed the same, then perhaps the true purpose of pyramids can finally be understood.Pyramid - Cosmic Ray Shelter?

The Kings Chamber is made of very large blocks of granite. The inner surface of the granite bears a striking resemblance to interior walls of a plutonium mill. Once again, there is the appearance of long-term exposure to radiation and heat. The floor and walls of the chamber appear to be very well sealed. This is consistent with the Kings Chamber being flooded with water.The Great Pyramid at Giza

Water is an excellent permanent shield for radiationsource

On Earth the evidence of nuclear wars deep in antiquity is even more convincing

Mahabharata Texts

Here we not only have the physical scars but the graphically written accounts of some of the most ancient texts on Earth. The Mahabharata, an ancient Indian saga at least five thousand years old speaks of flying machines called Vimanas that were used to launch a powerful weapon of destruction; " a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe!"

"The Earth shook, scorched by the terrible heat of this weapon. Elephants burst into flames and ran to and fro in a frenzy, seeking a protection from terror. Over a vast area other animals crumpled to the ground and died. The waters boiled, and the creatures residing therein also died. From all points of the compass the arrows of the flame rained continuously!

Ancient Nuclear

The archaeological expedition, which carried out excavations near the Indian settlement of Mohenjo-Daro...stated the ancient town had been ruined with a nuclear blast:
Findings
A hundred years have passed since the excavations in Mohenjo-Daro. The modern analysis showed, the fragments of the ancient town had been melted with extremely high temperature - not less than 1,500 degrees centigrade.Mohenjo-Daro

Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.Rajasthan

Atomic Explosions produce glass - Mexico

Libyan Desert Glass - Egypt

I believe the Planets in our Solar System also provide evidence.

The impact craters on Venus are very interesting:

Three large impact craters with diameters ranging from 37 km (23 mi) to 65 km (40 mi) are visible in the fractured plains.

Highly recommend reading this book, it is fictional but some of what I have read, I have read in other myths:
Revelations: Alpha and Omega pg 328

The serpents lived for many years on your fifth Planet, Tiamet. We are from your fourth Planet, Mars. A nuclear accident on Tiamet destroyed the Planet, now an asteroid belt. A fragment of Tiamet hitting Mars forced us to come here. Most reptilians perished except for three, they created your race

Interesting, nuclear accident on another Planet? (there exist other sources that discuss Tiamet, Planet V) Venus shows visible craters, Mars has no life but it is suggested, life once existed. And now on Earth we have nuclear Technology coming out of our backsides and we continue to live with this vulnerability.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth

Why replenish?

Because the author of the King James bible decided it?

New King James:
Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it
Contemporary English:
God gave them his blessing and said: Have a lot of children! Fill the earth with people and bring it under your control.
God blessed them: "Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Earth! Take charge!

Just to mention a few variants. Most I see have the "subdue" version in various forms. To REALLY answer the question "why replenish", one need the exact translation of the original bible in hebrew (a stage between that would be seeing what the latin bible say). Unfortunely, I dont know hebrew (or latin).

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Thank you for the other translations. It is very interesting that others do not contain the word 'replenish'. But the subdue it; take charge etc are also quite intriguing.

edit to add, I agree, would be great to have the 'exact' verse.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

"Many regional versions of the work developed over time, mostly differing only in minor details, or with verses or subsidiary stories being added. These include some versions from outside the Indian subcontinent, such as the Kakawin Bharatayuddha from Java."
Wiki

"Between 1919 and 1966, the scholars at the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Pune, compared the various manuscripts of the epic from India and abroad and produced the Critical Edition of the Mahabharata, on 13,000 pages in 19 volumes, followed by the Harivamsha in another 2 volumes and 6 index volumes. This is the text that is usually used in current Mahabharata studies for reference. This work is sometimes called the 'Pune' or 'Poona' edition of the Mahabharata"

English translation are:

Vol 1: Adi Parva, 1232 pages, 2005, ISBN 81-8157-370-6
Vol 2: Sabha Parva, 520 pages, 2005, ISBN 81-8157-382-X
Vol 3: Vana Parva, 1580 pages, 2005, ISBN 81-8157-448-6
Vol 4: Virata Parva, 400 pages, 2006
Vol 5: Udyoga Parva, 970 pages, 2006, ISBN 81-8157-530-X
Vol 17: Mahaprasthana Parva, 30 pages, 2006 ISBN 81-8157-552-0

web.utk.edu...

The date of the events protrayed are various seen as being in a range from 5400 BP to 3000 BP. if the civilizations had developed nuclear weapons its a bit odd that no sign of a higher technology can be found and that the majority of the fighting is done with ancient hand held weapons.

Downloads here

[edit to correct date on 23/3/08 by Hanslune]

[edit on 23/3/08 by Hanslune]

(quote tags and link)

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that the Mahabharata is speaking about the time between man's fall in Eden and the Great Deluge.

The sons of God came to the earth to mate with human females and dominate the mortal race. The Mahabharata calls these beings the Devas. Their sons were unusually strong and barbaric. The Devas were the royal rulers of the world before the flood came.

God was so angered by his erring sons he decided to ruin the planet. He destroyed Earth's neighboring planet, which collapsed the waters above the expanse. The extreme down pour of rain could have caused the earth to crack open and spew out lava during the flood. Another thought is that numerous chunks from the destroyed planet bombarded the earth before the rains came. The huge asteroids would have caused giant tsunamis of land and water. Noah said that the fountains of the great deep broke open first and then the windows of the heavens opened up with rain second.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Howdy Lostinspace

Interesting speculation

Considering the vast amount of evidence that points to there being no world wide flood, under what criteria do you dismiss it? At what time do you think "eden" and the "deluge" occurred.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I dismiss any evidence against a global deluge because I believe the Bible to be God's word. Also I believe the geology of the earth changed radically during the flood and that's why there's no evidence that it happened.

The Deluge may have happened around 2300 BC and the expulsion from Eden may have happened around 4000 BC. There's not much mentioned in Genesis about what happened in those 1700 years between the expulsion from Eden and the Deluge. I would guess that the surviving families would have told their offspring how they experienced the flood. Each and every family would have told it a little differently. Eventually the oral message would have been altered considerably. I believe the Genesis account to be part of an ancient written log passed down from Noah to Shem to Abraham and then eventually to Moses.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
lostinspace,

Unfortunately, the science and history of the times don't agree with your 2300BC scenario. There are dozens of places/areas, both locally and worldwide that existed before, during and after that date that know nothing of a GLOBAL flood. Also the only known major flood there was happened around Shuruppak, which is the legendary hometown of Utnapishtim, Ziusudra and Atrahasis who are the Sumerian, Akkadian and Babylonian versions of Noah. This flood happened sometime between 2750 BC and 2900 BC.

Below are a few places/areas that existed through that time.

Kalibangan, India
Harappa, Pakistan
Shahr-i Sokhta, Iran
Shuruppak, Iraq
Troy, Turkey
Ebla, Syria
Eridu, Iraq
Mari, Syria
Dholavira, India
Tyre, Lebanon
Minoan Civilization, Crete
Elamite Civilization, Iran
Mohenho-daro, Pakistan
Kingdom of Kerma, Sudan
Hill of Tara, Ireland

None of these places know of a world wide flood within recorded history, i.e. the last 5000 years.

cormac

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I think that the "great flood" of the bible is a composite of the the flood of 2800 ish? and a much earlier event, that filled black sea basin.

The intersting thing is that a crater, on the floor of the indian ocean off the coast of madagascar, dates to the 2800ish bc time frame.
And there are distinct signs of massive tsunami's dating to the same period, all around the indian ocean basin, and they all point back to the area of the crater.
Around 8,000 years ago, there was a great lake in north america. It was the glacial lake agassiz, that covered a huge portion of the north american continent.
When it broke out and flowed down the missisippi into the gulf of mexico, it caused the balck sea basin to flood. A memory of this event lived on in the oral traditions of the people of the middle east. These memories were incorporated into the the tales of secong fold and the two were forever intertwined.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

In quick response to your question "Why 'replenish' the earth?"

The earth, in God's eyes, had been laid waste by sin. The instruction was to bring back the Holy Spirit, so to speak, unto the Earth with the repopulation of the planet with more people...more hope. Remember the Bible is as much a potential document of actual record as it is a potential source of inspiration. Perhaps this is the greatest aspect to this document, with the aspect of the factual nature of the document continuing to offer clues to our past as possibly on of our greatest tasks within humanity.

Replenish does not mean necessarily bringing back life on this planet from complete evacuation. Replenish can, through all the permutations and translations of the document called the Bible (both written and oral) mean simply rejoin with God's purpose.

Just an observation.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woodacre

It wasnt my question.

Here's something I found while trying to dig some more into it:

Elsewhere the Hebrew verb translated “subdue” means “to enslave” (2 Chr 28:10; Neh 5:5; Jer 34:11, 16), “to conquer,” (Num 32:22, 29; Josh 18:1; 2 Sam 8:11; 1 Chr 22:18; Zech 9:13; and probably Mic 7:19), and “to assault sexually” (Esth 7:8). None of these nuances adequately meets the demands of this context, for humankind is not viewed as having an adversarial relationship with the world. The general meaning of the verb appears to be “to bring under one’s control for one’s advantage.” In Gen 1:28 one might paraphrase it as follows: “harness its potential and use its resources for your benefit.” In an ancient Israelite context this would suggest cultivating its fields, mining its mineral riches, using its trees for construction, and domesticating its animals. net.bible.org...

Yay for sexually assaulting the earth!!!

And this is exactly what I was talking about in the first post I made here. Its hard to make such a specific point about "replenish" when the bible actually says... well, anything really.

Edit: if I understand the page properly, it actually says that the term "replenish" really comes from "fill". So "replenish" isnt even there in the original meaning, only "subdue" is.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by merka]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

In the Old Testament, the hebrew words used for 'The world was without form and void' are Toho va Bohu. It literally means the world was destroyed and desolated.

Toho va Bohu only appears twice in the bible. Once in Genesis, and once in Jeremiah where he has a vision of a beautiful world which became a wasteland, desolated and destroyed.

This is coming from Jordan Maxwell's interpretation, and I happen to buy into it.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Mahabharata "texts" are actually a well-known hoax. While the book exists, the "proof of ancient war" texts don't. A few have been taken out of context while others have been simply invented, probably because few Westerners have read the books and it's easier to slip a hoax in when the book is originally in a foreign language and has not been read by most of the English speaking world.

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Why replenish?

Why that translation? Why one verse out of contet?

There's a Biblical concordance online - www.blueletterbible.org -- where you can look up the full context for the words in the language that the chapter was written. In this case, the "replenish" also has overtones of "accomplish" -- as in "accomplish divine plans."

The dominant scientific theory remains that the Egyptian pyramids were built to serve as tombs.Theosophy

What if the pyramids were nothing more than nuclear shelters for the rich and elite of the day?

They are of different sizes and smaller ones apparently don't have any chambers inside. For the larger ones, the chambers are about the size of a bathroom (room for the sarcophagus and offering tables) so there's not much of a place to eat, sleep, store food, or have more than one person in there for a few hours.

...detailed descriptions of how to build a nuclear radiation shelter parallel many facets of pyramids. If I am correct about the major role of cosmic rays in global cataclysms that occured in our distant past, and the ancients believed the same, then perhaps the true purpose of pyramids can finally be understood.Pyramid - Cosmic Ray Shelter?

Your source doesn't understand "cosmic rays." Cosmic rays are alpha particles (90%) and can be blocked by a piece of paper -- or an ordinary tent. And the idea of the "Kings chamber"representing the interior walls of a plutonium mill is off target by a very large factor (size) :
en.wikipedia.org...

On Earth the evidence of nuclear wars deep in antiquity is even more convincing

Mahabharata Texts

Here we not only have the physical scars but the graphically written accounts of some of the most ancient texts on Earth. The Mahabharata, an ancient Indian saga at least five thousand years old speaks of flying machines called Vimanas that were used to launch a powerful weapon of destruction; " a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe!"

"The Earth shook, scorched by the terrible heat of this weapon. Elephants burst into flames and ran to and fro in a frenzy, seeking a protection from terror. Over a vast area other animals crumpled to the ground and died. The waters boiled, and the creatures residing therein also died. From all points of the compass the arrows of the flame rained continuously!

Ancient Nuclear

Those are the hoaxed verses. The Vimanas are actually the local name for the temple roofs, so the demons were simply levitating them and riding on them.

The archaeological expedition, which carried out excavations near the Indian settlement of Mohenjo-Daro...stated the ancient town had been ruined with a nuclear blast:
Findings
A hundred years have passed since the excavations in Mohenjo-Daro. The modern analysis showed, the fragments of the ancient town had been melted with extremely high temperature - not less than 1,500 degrees centigrade.Mohenjo-Daro

This has been discussed many times here. The findings are:
* the town is near uranium mines.
* there's no unusual level of radiation in the area
* the devastated town doesn't exist
* now someone's trying to claim "oh...they did the excavation 100 years ago" because the other findings were shown to be lies.

It still doesn't work. You can look up the town for yourself and hunt for non-"ancient war in India" references and you'll quickly see that what is said above is true.

Sadly, the s8int.com site has a collection of what amounts to rumors and urban legends presented as truth. The desert glass has been explained many times, too, and a thread here (old one) talks about the discovery of the meteorite that created it.

Might I suggest that you look towards sources other than the s8int.com site instead?

And this one's a figment of someone's imagination:

The serpents lived for many years on your fifth Planet, Tiamet. We are from your fourth Planet, Mars. A nuclear accident on Tiamet destroyed the Planet, now an asteroid belt. A fragment of Tiamet hitting Mars forced us to come here. Most reptilians perished except for three, they created your race

There's not enough material in the asteroid belt to have made up a single planet, and the explosion pattern from a sphere does not produce a ring of small rocks and a few dwarf planets.

And finally -- one point that those who read alternative history books aren't taught -- humans have been recording the sky for at least 9,000 years (Chumash is the one group I know of but there are others). Writing developed about 4,000 BC (6,000 years ago) and there are no historical records of these presumed disasters that took place during the time when people could write or people could draw on rocks (which stretches back at least 30,000 years.)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Howdy lostinspace

Whereas faith may have it place in life it is of rather limitedutility when discussing a fact based subject.

However, why would a god drown three year olds to counter the sin of their parents? If I was an omnipotent god I'd just snap my metaphysical fingers and they'd all disappear - but of course - being such a god I would have known in advance that this would occur - so why did I let it happen?

Isn't faith a great thing?

But back to facts. They won't go away so religion will have to (as it has in the past) adapt to the new reality. Think of the the Noah story as just a story to illustrate some issues of faith.

Regards

Hans

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hey Byrd. A star for you... I was wondering where you'd been recently, you kind of disappeared for a while from the ancient world conspiracies forum.

It is a bit disheartening to hear that even the rumored passages concerning India have been obfuscated and hoaxed.

Have you done much work in India yourself? Don't the Indian people tend to claim that their civilization is older than Sumeria itself?

Is there any odd archaeology that you know of in India, particularly, that might contradict the general views of the age of their culture?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
HowdyColdDragon

I visited India twice and worked in the Gulf with a lot of people from the subcontinent. If you take a literal view of their religious views then yes they claim a vast age for there civilization. In the sixty odd years after independence not much if anything has come to light to support such a contention. The BJP political part (centre-right Indian political party, Hindus) have bank rolled and supported some "political archaeology" but nothing surprizing has come up AFAIK.

Sadly not a screw, bolt or knicknack from a Vimana has been found, nor any infrastructure to support same.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Sadly not a screw, bolt or knicknack from a Vimana has been found, nor any infrastructure to support same.

Yeah, even if the verses weren't hoaxed, the descriptions of these fantastical flying machines would certainly imply a fairly large support structure would have been necessary to keep them zooming around. People just don't understand context. You need sophisticated manufacturing and maintenance sites, complete with housing and support for the people working on the things. You can't just have what would be the equivalent of a modern jet just pop into history out of nowhere, fully developed and ready to fly. Unless it blew in from the future or something.

But even then, in order for it to keep flying, it would still require large facilities where it would be maintained and fueled. Any evidence of that? As you said, none at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Howdy Nohup

The common fringe claim to your piece of fine logic:

You need sophisticated manufacturing and maintenance sites, complete with housing and support for the people working on the things. You can't just have what would be the equivalent of a modern jet just pop into history out of nowhere, fully developed and ready to fly.

Is:

1. The evidence exists but is being suppressed by the [ ] conspiracy
2. The technology was so advanced it needed no maintenance or support
2a. This technology came from aliens or other super humans
3. All the evidence was destroyed by [insert favorite disaster]
4. My favorite, the Vimanas were living creatures or more recently large collections of nano-technology that we cannot detect.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There is another possibility... that there is a branch or field of technology which doesn't require the immense manufacturing support that our technology does.

Kind of like proposing that they were living things. It is possible our development as a civilization took a different route to past civilizations, which might mean that whatever evidence (if any) may be mistaken as mundane things in a much-removed archaeological view.

Many people, when they discuss evidence of advancement in past civilizations, often assume that the course of materialism we've taken is the only route. Could it be possible to develop technologically in other directions?

I find the preposition difficult to convey.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ah yes the Alternative Technology course

Could this be detected? Obviously not as we haven't but we should be able to detect it existence by context.

ie if they have "technology" then there skeletons and existing materials should show this....

nope, skeletons show:

Hard work, bone fractures, tooth problems, serious disease, parasites and repetition damage from using hand tools and weapons.

Everything humans living off the land or early farming would have. How about the existing tech we do find?

They buried people in holes, the sides of which show they were dug with hand tools, they use crude pottery, stone and bone tools and didn't mine stuff. They killed animals with crude tools and butchered them on site.

hmmmmmm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join