It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother calls 911 to save suicidal daughter. Cop arrives, shoots daughter dead.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Anonymous
Posted: Mar 23 2008, 1:44 AM

[...]she probably knew if she walked towards him, he'd probably shoot to kill. Suicide-by-cop is pretty well known in suicide chat rooms.

That's from the blog below the original article.

wikipedia "suicide by cop"

en.wikipedia.org...

"an incident in which an individual bent on self-destruction, engages in life threatening and criminal behavior in order to force law enforcement officers to kill them."

www.policeone.com...
Suicide By Cop: 15 warning signs that you might be involved

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Don't forget the part where it was the mother that made the call and not the women that died..

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
After just reading the article, heres what i think.

Why would you call the Cops if someone is sucidal?
Where is the father of the child?
This has to be somewhere in California, Near the Bay.
Was this a large person?
And who is the cop that did it, what is their background?
How long did the Officer talk to the people before going inside the residence?
What did the people tell the cop before they went it.

Now this is where i am going to do some guess work.

I think this was sick-twisted cop, who when saw the call, from a mother for her daughter, for a Suicidal Woman, had visons of gettign thier kicks off tackling some teenage suicalial girl, the officer rushes in, is Charged by a large ragged, bloodly, sucidal enduced rage woman. Officer panics, pulls gun , and shoots.

Any person with half a brain would have had a better plan in this situation. The officer has more then a few things that they can use to subdue a attacker. Pepper spray, a Taser, Beat the crap out of someone, Tear gas, a gun is the LAST choice.

I have to belive that the cop didn't know what the situation was when they went in.

How can they not realise the name of the officer?
What has the family said since?
Where is this place? (I say Marin Country SF)
How LEGALY can they not realse the name of the officer?

I think all parties are at fault here... a rarity...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
TkainZero,

This is from the page one of this thread.

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
Additonal link from SF Gate

Billings was shot three times in the chest by Officer Robert Lankford about 4 p.m.

Police said Rohnert Park public safety officers have responded to the home 29 times since 2004 for a variety of reasons, including previous disturbances involving Billings and her mother.

29 times? Come on. When is anyone going to get the idea that the poor woman needed more help than she was getting at home?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow, this i definately tragic. My biggest question right now is, was she shot in the head or the chest? The main story says chest, but everyone keeps refering to head shots, and how a shot to the leg is just as hard to make as one to the leg. From what I read in the OP article is that she was shot in the chest, which is standard police work, you aim for central mass. Was she actually shot in the head? Anyone clear this up maybe?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
My biggest question right now is, was she shot in the head or the chest? The main story says chest, but everyone keeps refering to head shots, and how a shot to the leg is just as hard to make as one to the leg.

The article(s) say she was shot in the chest. People were saying head mistakenly (unless they had inside info)

The leg is a bigger target then the head, so logically an easier target. The chest is a bigger target then the leg, so logically an easier target. Cops would be trained to shoot her in the chest.

Does that make it right? Just because they were trained so? In a rooms distance, with ample time, could he have shot her leg and saved her life?

With proper baton training could the Cop have disarmed her knife? *I believe so, as I have trained with police officers doing that very thing*

Is it really "suicide-by-cop" when it was the mother that placed the call and not the women that died?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Why would you call the Cops if someone is sucidal?

I think the mom was confused and desperate. She was scared for her daughters life and probably felt she was powerless to help her. Called the cops thinking "they help people, they will help her".

How long did the Officer talk to the people before going inside the residence?

The article suggests the cop was speaking with her for a bit. He had asked her many times to drop the knife. Asked her many times to stop advancing. This implies time. This also implies he was inside the residence.

What did the people tell the cop before they went it.

Yeah I was wondering that too. I imagine they just told him that she was armed and suicidal..

I think this was sick-twisted cop, who when saw the call, from a mother for her daughter, for a Suicidal Woman, had visons of gettign thier kicks off tackling some teenage suicalial girl,

Well that's certainely a conspiracy twist hehe. Wouldn't surprise me if it was so. Based on my life experience most cops are not out to "serve and protect" and they are usually not the smartest. my .02.

Any person with half a brain would have had a better plan in this situation. The officer has more then a few things that they can use to subdue a attacker. Pepper spray, a Taser, Beat the crap out of someone, Tear gas, a gun is the LAST choice.

I strongly feel I could have disarmed her with the baton. Not factoring in the taser or spray. I have training in baton, and stick weapons. I have been a part of baton &night club training for police as well. Some are trained to handle a situation like this with a baton/night club. I wonder if he had the training?

I have to belive that the cop didn't know what the situation was when they went in.

According to the article he very much did. It states he asked her multiple times to drop the knife, and multiple times to stop advancing. Maybe he didn't know before he opened the door, but he found out and spoke with her.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I agree, IF the cop had time to put away the gun, or just draw the baton with the other hand, it could have been done(One of the martial arts my brother studies, Arnis, uses baton like sticks, and he could disarm ya in a second if he needed to)
The biggest question is, did the cop have time and /or training to get a baton out and disarm the woman, or did they merely freak, and open fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join