It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Leaders: Putin is better than Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by gottago

Putin can't go to war because he knows his country's military forces suck right now. We can lay that on the Second Chechnya war which is Russia currently involved. He realized that and is rebuilding his forces.

On the other hand the Superb US military is strugling with some iraqis

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

it is ` people ` not even politicians - and certainly not leaders

talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel - you could not even stick to the facts as they were

So if you're not a politician or a "leader", then you're "the people" and the people according to you is "the scraps on the bottom of the barrel" Well that sounds like something Bush and Putin would think!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Obama will take our money and send it all to Africa, and other poor regions around the world.

Riiiiiiiiiggggghhht

Even if he wanted to, he wouldn't be able to. The system don't work that way. Silly if you believe that, and if you don't, then it's just sensless bashing. Bah.

[edit on 053131p://23u28 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Russian Boy

And the Russians with Chechens. Remember Beslan?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I'm sorry, let me correct my statement, Obama would take all of our money and send it to Africa and the other third world nations if he could.

Pay attention to what Obama says, and factor in the opinions expressed by people associated with him. Obama has no respect for the U.S., we are a cash cow he desires to milk.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

I'm sorry, let me correct my statement, Obama would take all of our money and send it to Africa and the other third world nations if he could.

You don't have to be sorry, I hear silly thought alot.

No President, regardless of the Party, would want to take "all" or "most" or "alot" of our Nations money and give it, or donate it, to another country. That's absurd.

Pay attention to what Obama says, and factor in the opinions expressed by people associated with him.

I am paying attention to what you say. Why are you making the assumption I am not paying attention to what Obama says? I am not voting for Obama. I am simply addressing your ludicrious statements.

Obama has no respect for the U.S., we are a cash cow he desires to milk.

Perhaps you should stop by some of the other forums and do some "paying attention". That mentality is shared by our current administration.

Saying he has "No respect" for the US is absurd. He is a US citizen and he is in US politics. Perhaps we won't respect his viewpoints, but to say flat out he has zero respect for the country he lives in, and is running for President for, is pure sillyness. I would say the same for ALL the presidential candidates.

God I hate how people spend the majority of their time bashing politicians versus studying political theory, or something else that's helpful.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Putin can't go to war because he knows his country's military forces suck right now. We can lay that on the Second Chechnya war which is Russia currently involved. He realized that and is rebuilding his forces.

And i think the mess that is/was Chechnya kinda shows that the Russia armed forces don't like shooting at their own people and don't like to be used as security troops for issues politicians should resolve. It's obvious that the Russian troops committed to security operations seemed rather less than interested in fighting but they DID fare very badly against the effective, if barbaric ( yes, you can find video's of Chechen rebels cutting of the heads of Russian conscripts) Chechen locals and mercenaries. Putin may well think ( as i believe) that the Russian conventional forces have very little interest in fighting aggressive wars and that it would require obvious foreign aggression against Russia itself for morale to get somewhere useful.

I am fairly confident that the Russians still has hardware enough and that if Putin has expansion in mind he would be well advised to move to a all voluntary/mercenary professional army with a second tier devoted to training conscripts in the absence of current corruption and abuse. Maybe that's taking it too far but conscription does seem to draw the worse sorts that does little but sabotage the group effort.

Stellar

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Why do so many people who post on forums always assume the other person is ignorant when their opinions disagree? Doesn't everyone who hangs out here go to other forums?

This is of topic, so I will keep it brief. I once considered voting for Obama, and figured that I would if he won the nomination, so I have gone to his web site, and I have listened to his words and done my research. Read Obama's plans, and look between the lines, and look up some of the comments in his speech. His plans are to help the world, and nothing for the working American.

Obama has no loyalty to the U.S.. He proved it by standing with his fellow politicians through the entire U.S. National Anthem with his hands by his sides with his typical thinly disguised arrogant look on his face while all of his fellow politicians stood with their hands over their hearts as any good loyal American should do. The explanation was that he wasn't paying attention, Baloney, watch the video and it is obvious what he was doing.

Obama's minister is a racist hater of the U.S., and his wife comments don't make her seem like a loyal patriot either. In addition Obama is a Muslim, he recited the opening of Islamic prayers in Arabic in front of a reporter, and last I checked the link was still there. By doing so he publicly announced that he is still a Muslim. This is exactly what reciting this prayer means, and as a loyal student to Islam, as he was reported to be in his youth, he most certainly knows this. I would also say that when one of Obama's top aides called Hillary a monster, she was repeating Obama's view of Hillary.

Obama's loyalties are not to the U.S.. Obama's loyalties are to the dreams of his Muslim father.

Back on topic, Putin is right to fight this war against Chechnya, just as the U.S. is right to fight our war against terrorism. Putin manages to pull off a pretty good job of walking a tightwire between conflicts of ideology, who knows what he really things about the West and capitalism, but no one would accuse him of being stupid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join