It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Leaders: Putin is better than Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

European Leaders: Putin is better than Bush

www.nytimes.com

At several stops along the trip, Mr. McCain struck a markedly different tone from that of President Bush. Mr. Bush is so unpopular, even with America's allies, that people in Britain and France told pollsters last spring that they had even less confidence in him to do the right thing in world affairs than they had in President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

[edit on 23-3-2008 by TruthWithin]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Is it now so bad that other leaders think Putin is better than Bush!? WOW. This is a new benchmark for even lower standards.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Of course he is. At least he's frank on his aims. He shows that he show that his country is a false democracy, he takes cares of his country, not like Bush who try everything he can to destroy it as a good globalist.

Putin is a scumbag, but Bush is too. But at least Putin is for his country and don't start wars, that makes him +2 over Bush. But like him he stages terrorists attacks to get power, give himself more power, kill political ennemies...just like the US presidents, but Putin is more open about it. At least the US is making it look like accidents (congressmans), random murders, suicides (Dr.Kelly), take them down with sex scandal or use high tech poisons. (Arafat)

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So what does that say about the judgment of European leaders then, considering that Putin made it a personal mission to try and irritate, provoke and alarm everybody he could with surprise flyby's.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Vitchilo,

Great post! Quite a bit of conspiracy crammed in there

And I agree with most of it!

Even if they are equally wicked, the one that conducts his wickedness more secretively is definetly the more dangerous of the two

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

That may well be true, but nowhere does the article state this to be the case. The polls conducted were of everyday European citizens, not 'European leaders'.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
well at least russia doesnt attack countries that never attacked them and while there in the neighborhood take over 3 other countries.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yep, I'm going with Putin on this too...

At least Putin puts his people and country first... My friend has a russian girlfriend and her family says that Putin is doing a lot and has made things more stable for them.

Everyone I know thinks Bush is just a muppet who's only aim is to secure the oil fields in Iraq in his murderous regime.

Sorry Yanks but looks like the Ruskies beat you in this one.

America isn't what it once was.... it has now been bathed in blood of both its own citizens and the thousands of dead innocents across the world.

R.I.P America

[edit on 23-3-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well, let's do some math.

Putin is very intelligent.

Putin is far more than competent at is job.

Putin saved his country from the drunken puppet of Western interests, Yeltsin, who had put Russia on fire sale.

Putin gave his country a sound economic footing.

Putin is rebuilding his country's defenses.

Putin hasn't started a war.

Putin has gained Russia renewed respect.

Putin is a strongman and a shrewd politician and an ex-KGB head, yes, but he is the leader of Russia, a country who's every inhabitant regards with mixed affection and fatalism for its hopelessness, and on balance he has helped his country and so has strong support from the Russian people.

So is it any wonder Europeans, judging outside the US propaganda machine, see him as a better leader than Bush?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

One thought:

What's that psychosis where those conquered feel sympathy or connection with their conquerors?

Also, the European electorate has a storied history of identifying the incorrect enemy going back a 100 years.

I have no reason to believe they won’t continue down the same path of appeasement and refusal to acknowledge the reality of the world.

The only question is this: will we be in a position to save them, again? I am not so sure.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As someone from the UK I would kinda agree with this. It seems as though Bush serves an agenda not of Americans or the USA, but Corporate and upperclass interests of those who pay him the most, or are good friends with daddy. Putin on the otherhand, seems less corrupted by power and more concerned with his legacy.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Anyone who voted for GW should be ashamed of themselves.

Putin has emerged as a nationalist, and has made an effort to show that Russia still has military might, but he also seems to have succeeded in bringing stability to Russia and greatly reduced crime there. I don't trust him, but the guy does seem to have done a good job with Russia.

GW has destabilized the U.S., and the re-enactment of Reagan's free market style economics has brought this country on the verge of economic collapse. Not only that, but the U.S. under GW has acted like a bully, and not stood for truth, freedom, and justice that has been our nations tradition.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have absolutely no shame for voting for Bush. I feel that both Gore and especially Kerry would have been much worse choices. I don't ask anyone to agree with that assessment. It is what it is and what it shall remain.

I would have welcomed the opportunity to vote for an alternative that wasn't far-left (yes, Euros, by US standards). I had hoped Lieberman would win the Dem nomination (I would have voted for him), but they wanted no part of moderation and they got what they deserved, which was nothing. Had they put forth a candidate with any center or center-right appeal at all, they would have defeated Bush quite easily in 2004.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachelor
So what does that say about the judgment of European leaders then, considering that Putin made it a personal mission to try and irritate, provoke and alarm everybody he could with surprise flyby's.

NATO Pact flyby's have been ruining peoples lives for well over a decade, Russian ones aren't.

The USA electorate needs to realize that Clinton-McCain-Obama are ONE CANDIDATE and that there is no real opposition in their country.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

If you think GW was the right choice, then maybe you should be willing to pay off the huge debt built up by GW and his dad and Raygun, to give huge tax breaks to the super rich. A government by the rich for the rich that serves only the rich, and the poor who they employ as servants, should be paid for by the rich, and those middle class people foolish enough to vote for such a government.

Gore would have been an excellent president, and right now we would have already started to get away from oil reliance, and we could be thumbing our noses at the super high gas prices. In addition, the WTC would still be standing, we might not be at war in the Middle East, and we wouldn't have the historically huge public and private debt levels that we are now stuck with.

Even Kerry would have been better than GW.

Some people never learn.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blablablaxyz

McCain and Clinton are somewhat alike, in that they are both moderates, and I suspect McCain will move back to the center once elected.

Obama is an old fashioned welfare, affirmative action liberal, and is completely un-qualified for the job. Obama will take our money and send it all to Africa, and other poor regions around the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
what UTTER TWADDLE - people should read thier sources before posting - the poll conducted was not of ` european leaders ` - what made you claim that this is the opinion of statesmen ???????????????

to quote the article :

that people in Britain and France told pollsters last spring

so not only is it 12 month old opinion

it is only polling 2 countries - out of the 30 of europe

it is ` people ` not even politicians - and certainly not leaders

talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel - you could not even stick to the facts as they were

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Regular people in general include those on the very top as well. To say this isnt true (maybe European leaders should have been left out) is just grabbing at straws.
6 of these or half a dozen of the other.
The world as a whole hates our Bush, that would most likely include leaders as well.
Its just a technicality.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Man, there's nothing better than bush!!

Oh, wait....wrong thread...:shk:

Comparing Putin to Bush is like comparing an ice-cold shot of Stolichnaya to a stale mug of Lone Star...with a floating stubbed out cigarette butt.

Putin to Bush is like a Russian Heavy Draft to a lop-eared mule.

The Amber Room to a Texas outhouse.

St. Petersburg to Crawford.

Caviar to road apples.

ect...

ect...

ect...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Putin can't go to war because he knows his country's military forces suck right now. We can lay that on the Second Chechnya war which is Russia currently involved. He realized that and is rebuilding his forces.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join