It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Issues Strong Defense of Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Cheney Issues Strong Defense of Israel

news.yahoo.com

"America's commitment to Israel's security is enduring and unshakable, as is our commitment to Israel's right to defend itself — always — against terrorism, rocket attacks and other threats from forces dedicated to Israel's destruction," Cheney said, standing next to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert. "The United States will never pressure Israel to take steps that threaten its security."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-3-2008 by TruthWithin]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well - this is nothing new. I did think however that the wording seemed quite specific. Iran anyone?

Here we go...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

I was reading about this...Cheney is in a very interesting situation here.

He makes friends with oil sheikhs in Saudi Arabia, Oman, UAE, and he has friends in high places in Israel. How that works out, I don't know.

He made a comment about the Middle East peace today:

Cheney: Mideast peace entails compromise

He seems to be only worried about the Israel side of the story. No compassion has been shown towards the Palestinians, Syrians, or Lebanese, who he considers as terrorists.

A Mideast peace agreement will require "painful concessions" by Israelis and Palestinians who must work together to defeat those "committed to violence," Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday.

I'm pretty sure you're only worried about installing a pro-Israeli Palestinian PM so business can continue as usual. Nothing more.

After meeting with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Cheney stressed the U.S. commitment to the creation of an independent Palestinian state, saying it was "long overdue."

"Achieving that vision will require tremendous effort at the negotiating table and painful concessions on both sides," said Cheney, whose stop in Ramallah came just two months after President Bush's trip to the West Bank.

Uhuh. I'm sure you care. Just like you care about the Iraqis and Kurds.

"It also will require a determination to keep those who are committed to violence and who refuse to accept the basic right of the other side to exist," Cheney said.

And of course Israel deserves to exist because the UN says so. What a crock.

How about you ignore a people who have been in the area for thousands of years, annex their land, and tell the native people "now we'll give you a country."

Sounds like a great solution to me. Thanks Britain, France, and America for your kindness in the Middle East. I'm sure they all appreciate it

new topics

join