It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friction After Patrols in Phoenix Immigrant Area

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UScitizen

Well, my country does also have a big problem with illegal immigrants and as a tax payer and voter it does cause me concern.

My issue HERE - on this thread, is whether it is morally permissible for citizens to be getting involved in police actions? I don't think so... there's every right for someone to be angry about these things, but stepping over into mob-rule, well... it just seems it will breed intolerance of the situation on both sides, which is never going to help sort it out.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UScitizen

Well, my country does also have a big problem with illegal immigrants and as a tax payer and voter it does cause me concern.

My issue HERE - on this thread, is whether it is morally permissible for citizens to be getting involved in police actions? I don't think so... there's every right for someone to be angry about these things, but stepping over into mob-rule, well... it just seems it will breed intolerance of the situation on both sides, which is never going to help sort it out.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sometimes I hate being the guys that can see valid points on all sides, and also logical disconnects. Citizens assisting in law enforcement matters is not the definition of "mob rule." First we need to clear some semantics. There have always been Police Auxilliaries, Neighborhood Watches, and the enlistment of citizens to assist manhunts and search-and-rescues. Mob rule would be if a CRAP-TON of "regular Joes" went out with guns and cowboy hats hootin and hollerin and lynchin. When you have trained (as in AZ POST Certification) cops who are manging groups of untrained or nominally trained civilians then often times that cooperation can achieve great results.

As to the immigration issues themselves? I also see VERY valid points on ALL sides as well. I myself have been unable to find a job since January and every place I've applied to has new HISPANIC workers...I'm white. I see a lot of Mexicans applying for food stamps and social services and I don't like it. I don't have a problem with the fact that they are not white. I could care less. I want a job too. I can work just as hard as a Mexican, and I do work hard advocating for human rights here in the desert too because I see somany flaws with the current immigration policy that I can only describe it is as fascist. Hundreds of people are dying in the desert every year from these policies, and not all of them are even immigrants. Border Patrol doesn't do any forensic identification of decomposed remains, so if it's some kid who went out hiking and got bit by a rattlesnake and died...his mom will never know and he will continue to be listed as a missing person because Homeland Security doesn't actually want to DO what they SAY they'll do, they just want to wear their Oakley's and look like roided up supercops and make people BELIEVE they are really doing something useful other than wasting our money, time, rights, and even our very freedom.

The minutemen are a joke. The Border Patrol is a joke. Immigrants Rights groups are a joke, and so are anti-immigration groups. It's all caca. Everybody has good points that should be addressed, but all the individual groups cram so much other political crap around the good points, that I can't take any of them seriously. It's like someone let a whole bunch of 5 year olds into the world and said "Go screw everything up for everyone"

<< 1  2   >>

join