It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerico Cancelled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Jerico Cancelled

www.washingtonpost.com

CBS has canceled the post-apocalyptic drama "Jericho", the second time this has happened in two years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What a damn shame. Was actually one of the few shows on TV that told what could very well realistically happen in the near future.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-3-2008 by slackerwire]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

The first season ratings killed the show by putting it up against American Idol.

Unfortunately it didn't bring back enough fans from last season to bring in enough cash for CBS either.

We can either petition CBS to bring it back again or go after the Sci-Fi channel and other cable networks to give Jericho a new life.

Good job to all of those involved with the series!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Don't hold your breath for another reprieve or for sci-fi to pick it up because from what I've read they're showing the episode that wraps the series up.
Be prepared to see some of your favourite characters bite the dust.

At least CBS have given us Jericho fans an ending.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well this stinks! I like this show. I can't say that the acting was always convincing, some of the characters got on my nerves, but certainly played on a slightly plausible story line. Sorry Jake.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Jericho may be dead on CBS but there is still a chance for it to live on.

All Jericho fans and Rangers need to go to the Sci-Fi Channel Jericho Forum and add your 2 cents telling them why you want them to bring the show back to life.

U2U me if you are in need help finding the Jericho Forum there.

Working together we can bring back order to the USA for the citizens of Jericho.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
We should get a campaign going to get CBS to put Jericho back on the air. It is(was) one of the best shows on television today, IMHO. We can write and e-mail the programming people at CBS to put it back on the air. It will take a lot of us doing it over a period of several weeks, if not months, for them to change their minds.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Cancelled again?
Oh boy.
No more Skeet,huh?
It's a shame,it was one of the only shows with any substance.
I suppose,they dont want America to see what could be their future.
I always got the feeling,that the show seemed to like stepping on the governments toes a bit.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Still hope for Jericho?

Jericho Seeks A New Home

Carol Barbee, executive producer of CBS' canceled post-apocalyptic series Jericho, told SCI FI Wire that talks are ongoing to find the show another home, perhaps on a cable network.
"I can't really say [much] about specifics, and, ... partially, it's because I'm not the one having those conversations," Barbee said in an interview on March 24, the eve of the show's final episode. "[CBS] Paramount [Television, which produces the show,] has been pursing it, and our agents have been into that, so, you know, I am pushing those people and coming up with ideas to have those people pursue."

If enough people tell them we want the show back then it should be so.

There are unconfirmed rumors that:

A). One of the shows sponsers wants the show back on so they can keep advertising on it.
B). The other rumor is that CBS-Paramount has cut a deal with the Sci-Fi Channel and it will resume production later this year.

Personally I can't believe any rumors, just the facts.

top topics

join