It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bummed...split with fiance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This sucks. Well, I guess it's better to find out sooner than later. But it still sucks. I thought I'd be used to this by now. :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
OOOOOOOOOOhhhh. Woe is me. Woze me...woze me...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I had to reply because I saw how many people had viewed this with no reply.
It's like real life..you don't quite know what to say when someone's down on their luck,be it love/work/anything.

I'd like to offer you advice on a break up but since I still can't communicate properly with the opposite sex after my break up 3 years ago I don't think I'm the ideal person for the job.

It hurts like hell at the start and still hurts till you move on.
I used to alleviate this by hopping from one not so serious relationship to another way back when,but that doesn't really solve too much in the long run.

Throw yourself into work,hobbies,new interests.
Do something you never had time for before,
If it's a group social event,there's a chance of connecting with someone new too..

Hell I might even take my own advice one of these days too.

Till then,there's all of us at ATS(BTS) wishing you the best.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What can I say? Nothing.

You never really get used to it but I have found that after the third time [divorce for me] you get kinda jaded and the thought of suicide dosen't even enter your mind and you can sort of stay friends.

Anyway, I know how you feel!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. Guess I just wanted to vent a little on here. Not much that can be done about it, and I'm not sure I would change anything if I could. The way things went, I'm just glad we didn't get married. Nothing too tragic in the end really. Just a deep-rooted personality conflict I think. Still sucks though, after two years. And I just wish we could have parted friends. I guess everyone says that though.

I just wonder when I'm gonna get it right. It sucks being alone. I did it for years and never got used to it. This was my first official engagement, but I've had two other very serious relationships as well. Why can't people just be content to be with someone who loves them? That goes for myself too I suppose. There were things about her that I don't think I would have been able to take for the rest of my life. But I'm still gonna miss her.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Use the Law of Attraction, like your other thread you have going states .

That should get her back, right?

[edit on 23-3-2008 by earth2]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Remindes me of that old Country and Western tune "How can I miss You, when You Won't go Away"

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Gonna have to work at it. But I think you're right.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Never heard the song, but I think I should. I've had my doubts about wether I wanted to stay for quite some time, but it still hurts and I'm still gonna miss her a lot. But I really don't think I would have really been happy in the long run.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by earth2

Gonna have to work at it. But I think you're right.

Be careful what you think because it will manifest.

For example you typed, "But I think your right".

And, "Gonna have to work at it".

You should say (to yourself), I wonder why my fiance is returning to me, or, we will be together forever and thats final.

edit: unless you dont want them, then say the opposite

[edit on 23-3-2008 by earth2]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

That's not quite the position I'm in. I really don't think I want her back at this point. But i wonder if my doubts leading up to this have manifested in this end.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I think deep down inside you know the truth.

Dont worry though ive been in your boat and you will be fine.

Life has ups and downs it seems, im currently flatlining.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I was in the worst possible position.
I had a beautiful,intelligent,fit,witty,sexy,adventurous girlfriend for 5 fantastic years..
But then she started missing the UK and her family..(who were great too)..
So I had to choose between Her,UK and a regular 'Joe 9-5 job'..

Or my passion for travelling/adventure/music..
You get the picture..

Still looking for a more exotic lifestyle.. Or alien abduction by nymphomaniac space vampires

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That sucks dude... but hey it may be for the best. I wouldn't be who I am today if my wife hadn't ran off 4 years ago. Sometimes getting your life shaken up is what you need for a more beneficial future.

Good luck and don't let life get you down. It's all just a dream anyway.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Relationships are a hindrance to progress in life, it is always a blessing when they end. Granted, it does hurt like hell... there's nothing pleasurable about having your life turned upside down, your heart shattered and your mind stretched inside out and tied into knots.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thanks guys. Update. It seems as though our split might wind up being more amicable, as I had hoped, now that the dust seems to have settled a bit. Still sux, but hey, I will survive.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hey jackinthebox, I can relate to your pain. Just be glad she didn't want to leave you after 18 years and three kids, like my wife just told me about 3 weeks ago. I am still reeling from this. I have some good days where I can think about what I am going to do, but then I have bad days where I just want to sleep and not talk to anyone.

What really sucks is that we live in her hometown, which is about 1500 miles away from my hometown/state. So, other than HER family and friends, I have no one I can really talk to about the whole situation.

I agree with what Bachelor wrote above. Despite my heart being totally ripped out and stomped on :bash:, I do feel that this change in my life will give me the freedom to do some things that I always wanted.

Oh well, I guess time will tell if these changes are for the best. Even if you/I feel that your life has ended. Good luck!

[edit on 20-4-2008 by scooler1]

new topics

top topics

join