It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

copious riches of the Vatican

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Why is Vatican so rich! Should it not be giving all its wealth to countries and peoples who need it more. People all around t6he world give to many charities, for the old and for the kids.

One of the richest enteties in the world tell us, with all our mortgages and car loans to give yet they are stupified in immense wealth.

Should they not be broke and giving their last penny to save children with disease, peoples with not an ounce of water. Then I get guilty for putting only a couple of Euros in a collection for some charity.

Thats all I can afford but I think the Vatican can afford nearly what most of Europe can afford.

I tried to email this to the Vatican withy no results can anyone here help.

Just a thought but I think its a good one!

PLT

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How wealthy is the Vatican and how did you come to that assessment?

Eric

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I recently went a confirmation at my local "basilica". I was approached by several homeless people on the Church's steps.

I have a good friend who is a contractor, and bragged to me that this particular church's doors were recently replaced and that he got a $45,000 contract to replace them. 45 grand!!!!, for doors!!!! yet people were sitting on the steps waiting for handouts. Let me remind you that this was a Church in western Canada, lacking any significance in the eyes of the Vatican. They obviously have money to burn.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pierreletrek

Wow, your putting in your two Euros reminded me of the Bible story of the woman putting in her two mites. She gave what she had, whereas others who gave much more gave because they had much more. She wasn't tight with her money, whereas others who have much more might be tight with theirs, the love of money effect.

A couple of thoughts about water. I remember reading several years ago about villages in India, I believe, that had poor water quality but had cola soda for sale in their markets. Shameful, poor/little/no water, but plenty soda to buy from international corporations. Another thing re water, such a basic necessity for life currently is being sold as a commodity, i.e. privatized, in increasingly poorer countries--Dear God, how greedy, how loving of money can people be?

Re wealth of churches. I am amazed at how Protestant churches used to go on and on about the Catholic church accumulating wealth, but now some of those megachurches, televangelists and other ministries sure have accumulated lots of wealth, too. I guess they got jealous.

Well, re poor. Jesus said that there would always be poor, the Buddha said there is suffering in this world. There are groups and individuals who work directly with the poor. There is a thread on BTS, the Soup Kitchen.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I,m really annoyed cos someone moved this thread to a RANT forum!

The Vatican does have copious amounts of wealth. Money, artifacts, not mentioning the amount of money we give on a weekend filling up the old bank of vatican account. Not only that but the Vatican bank is a big player in world economics. Then we have the secret Vaults.............that really annoys me! Am I roman Catholic? Not sure anymore, cos, like many others I believe we pay, then we own them in Rome but we have no democracy. Suddenly LIMBO has been axed!!!!!!!!!!! Who gave Benedict the authority to axe that. I feel soory for the parents who thought their unborn kids have been floating around in space the last millenia.

Then suddenly we have two more commandments>!

Not good!

I,m not a bible basher by any means but did it not say in the new re-rewritten bible not to change the word!

The new Vatican is changing things all the time.

Sorry for ranting

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Thanks Desert

Your right in many ways! Unfortunately I,m gonna have to hit the hay, time for bed my head is mashed.
I still think its not good! Kind of scares me,

mmm?

new topics

top topics

join