It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Cooper Astronaut Comes Forward

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been discussed but just came across this video regarding Gordon Cooper and his sightings of UFO's.

Its great to hear from such a distinguished character such as Gordon recounting his experiences with the UFO phenomena.

Gordon is such a genuine character I am suprised I had not heard of his experiences before especially the letter which he wrote to the UN.

I wonder what happened to the videos of the craft landing???

HarrY

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I heard Gordon Cooper on Whitely Streiber's unknowncountry web site.Cooper is an amazing man.It's peculiar that the Gov.has been totaly silent about his comming forward.The Romans thought that "in silence there is consent"Maybe the Gov.has just consented.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this video, first time I have seen it. Yet another credible witness coming foward with these tales of ufo's. When are people going to stop denying the fact earth is being visited by ET from other planets... They(aliens) are only doing the same thing we(humans) are doing in space, exploring and searching for life. Only thing is they have found it, as we are supposable still searching.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I feel that Gordon is a very credible man and has seen alot in his life. I also feel that there are things in this world that would blow our minds away if we were allowed to see them. Nice video arry01.
You have to remember that we are just the people"citizens" who keep the world running with work and taxes. The elite are doing things out there that we may never know about until it's too late. If I ever see something like Gordon saw I really don't know who I'd tell. I just might keep it to myself just for the satisfaction of knowing something or someone is out there besides us earth people. But I haven't seen anything so I really can't say what I would do. Thanks again for the video arry01.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Gordon Cooper died on october 4th 2004 im shure he will be remembered as a legend.

There were a few cospiracy's going around at the time connected with him.

I did some digging myself and found he actually worked for Walter E. Disney Enterprises, Inc., the research and development subsidiary of Walt Disney Productions.

He was a accomplished man in his field and in all honesty who know's what wonderous thing's he may have seen in his lifetime and indeed been a part of.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 23-3-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wow, what a great video. I hadn't ever heard an astronaut come out so explicitly on video. Gordon certainly does have credibility. It just makes me wonder how staggering the weight of the evidence would be if we were to be allowed to hear all the stories from the military pilots over the years who've been silenced.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Very old news, indeed. Notice how he doesn't come out and say anything that substantiates the more ridiculous claims of ufology nor does he say anything other than vaguely referencing things here and there. He knows nothing more than you or I do, or he wouldn't be some sort of youtube superstar.

I think it is important to also note that pilots, cops, and yes, even astronauts are just human, as human as either you or I. They are no less susceptible to seeing something they don't understand and assigning it to one of their pre-conceived beliefs/notions or using it in an attempt to justify what they most want to be reality.

Especially in space. Humans are most used to seeing things react and move about in an atmosphere and gravity. When things are floating around in micro gravity and direct sunlight they do not behave as we expect them to. This leads to some surprising "revelations" when our mere human minds attempt to relate movements and reflections that our minds have never experienced before.

Personally, I think taking the least plausible explanation and walking it to the head of the class because we -want- it to be true is doing this whole community a major disservice and is in part why the majority of us look a little foolish to the outside world.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arry01

And yet the skeptics would say he's a senile old man with fantasies of alien visitors. Gordon Cooper is an Earth hero for coming out with this. Not just an American Hero.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
uh yes..there are laws of physics they have to abide to..objects wont change their tradjectory unless under their own power or a collision, the effects of gravity would not account for a lot of space UFO videos actually

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Especially in space. Humans are most used to seeing things react and move about in an atmosphere and gravity. When things are floating around in micro gravity and direct sunlight they do not behave as we expect them to. This leads to some surprising "revelations" when our mere human minds attempt to relate movements and reflections that our minds have never experienced before.

Personally, I think taking the least plausible explanation and walking it to the head of the class because we -want- it to be true is doing this whole community a major disservice and is in part why the majority of us look a little foolish to the outside world.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Have you been in space and seen the things that Gordon saw? What about the flying saucer that landed on the lake bed? Oh yeah! of course, it was probably a mirage. I know they're just as human as you and me, but why would he lie at such an old age? I think he's telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Notice how he doesn't come out and say anything that substantiates the more ridiculous claims of ufology...

Why would he?

What's your point?

He was talking about events he personally experienced, what's that got to do with "more ridiculous claims of ufology?"

...nor does he say anything other than vaguely referencing things here and there.

Vaguely?

From an interview on C2C with Art Bell, Sept, 1999, Gordon Cooper said:

"On one occasion, I saw some strange vehicles that we assumed were UFOs," he told Bell.

In the encounter, which took place over Germany in the early 1950s, Cooper saw "flights of fighters flying by in the same sort of formation we flew, moving east to west." The U.S. Air Force base scrambled its own pilots, including Cooper, who remembers the objects as looking "just like saucers -- they were metallic looking, but we couldn't really get close enough to see more than that. You couldn't see any wings on them."
Source | Science.com | Gordon Cooper: No Mercury UFO

What's that got to do with the video?

He never claimed to have seen UFOs in space...

On that point, we agree.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A reply to IgnoreTheFacts:

Wow, I don't think there is anyway I could disagree with you more than I do.

Very old news, indeed. Notice how he doesn't come out and say anything that substantiates the more ridiculous claims of ufology nor does he say anything other than vaguely referencing things here and there. He knows nothing more than you or I do, or he wouldn't be some sort of youtube superstar.

Fact: He clearly states that he saw metalic objects flying in formation. They had the ability to displace sideways, and flew faster and higher than they did. He clearly states he saw a craft land 50 yards away from him, and take off. I see nothing vague about that.

I'm sorry, and I don't mean to be offensive, but did you watch the video? He speaks about two different sighting, and neither of them are in space.

How do you call a trusted American with a first hand eye witness account, taking it to the UN, and asking for an investigation as a plausible explanation?

I'm sorry, but I just could disagree with you more. No offense intended.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
When will one these "professional" expert witnesses use common sense and make a personal copy of footage/video/image before handing it over to the aurhorities/governement? I'm sick and tired of hearing "stories" without hard evidence.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
When will one these "professional" expert witnesses use common sense and make a personal copy of footage/video/image before handing it over to the aurhorities/governement? I'm sick and tired of hearing "stories" without hard evidence.

This was a man in the military. Why would he risk a life long career to appease anyone's curiosity? And this isn't just some "professional" this is a man who helped pioneer the human space program.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

I totally agree with you here , it is so easy for people to judge somebody falsely because of their own skepticism, Some people are not beyond calling someone like cooper a liar or accuse them of being mistaken, and its so easy for them to come up with an explanation that fits in with their own reality ignoring the possibilities they could be real, even at the expense of their world renowned reputation, and all because their brain cannot grasp the reality of what he saw i believe it is not their fault the thought of UFO's scares them half to death.

People have to remember people like cooper had their jobs because of their extraordinary capabilities, Trained to observe and react, to make instant mental notes of what they are witnessing, taking in every detail they can and all done without them knowing it, They where chosen because of their special abilities, for a job that no ordinary person is capable of doing.

It is so easy for us all to sit here and say i would love to do the job they do, and saying they would do it in a heartbeat, Truth of the matter is mr average could not cope with the control needed to go and do something which they may never return from, and im talking a lot more than a soldier going into battle, you cant call for help in space because help is not coming you are on your own, these people do this kind of work without hesitation knowing full well they have a very strong chance of dying at any second.

So it disappoints me to hear people ridicule and accuse them of being totally mistaken without taking into account the training they do.

If Mr cooper said he saw an ET UFO in their opinion, then he saw what he said he did, i have too much respect for these folks to question their state of mind. God bless him..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
Yet another credible witness coming foward with these tales of ufo's. When are people going to stop denying the fact earth is being visited by ET from other planets...

Exactly how are you making the huge jump from UFOs to aliens from other planets? Walk me though that line of thinking, if you will. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ben Affleck would be a dead ringer to play Gordon Cooper in a bio-flick. Don't you think?

Mod Edit: Please stay on Topic
Mod Edit: One-line Posts: Please Read

[edit on 3/23/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Gordon Cooper was a great man and a fellow Okie. He was a role model for what the space program and astronauts should be about: Exploration of space and the sharing of knowledge. It is a truly selfless act when a person like him says what he said just to pass on what he knows.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Dennis Quaid played him in "The Right Stuff."

reply to post by Nohup

Originally posted by Nohup
Exactly how are you making the huge jump from UFOs to aliens from other planets? Walk me though that line of thinking, if you will. Thanks.

Technically, Gordon Cooper made the leap first.

Which would present a couple of reasons for him having done so, just off the top of my head:

1) The technological capabilities of the craft he witnessed in the '50s was so far beyond his knowledge of anything that was currently available, that he presumed it could only be due to an advanced race not-of-this-world.

After, of course, having considered and rejected the thought that the Soviets could have developed such craft.

Or, 2) He was an active player in the cover-up and disinformation concerning advanced technology developed by more local, earthbound sources i.e., the military.

I lean towards the former, but concede the possibility of the latter, however remote.

So you see, it wasn't such a huge jump after all, was it?

You're welcome...

[edit on 23-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Why is everybody ganging up on this guy? He is correct -- this is old news and has been discussed about many times already. The amount of flags on this thread is ridiculous, but I guess that shows how many people have not heard about it before, and I guess it's this fact that allows these threads to stay.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join