It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Architecture Software Wanted, Freeware Would Be A Bonus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'd like to make up a 3D representation of the building and the layout of each area of the the building such as apartments, basement area, plus grounds and gardens.
I really don't know how detailed I want it yet, but I have several ideas of being able to insert links to .jpg images to show actual details with a picture.

I'd like to be able to navigate through all four floors and see the dimensions and features of each room.

I've never tried using software like this before, so your suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
anx..........

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Me too. I'll piggyback on your post. You designing a doomsday bunker, too?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
These are Linux/open source specific but they might help:

www.linux.com...

brill

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

google sketchup my friend, just search sketchup and it will be the first result.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks brill, I grabbed GIMP and it looks like a good program for a lot of stuff I'd like to do with images...

Special thanks to ivzm.
Google SketchUp turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. I just spent the last hour playing around with it and made a decent model of my apartment.
The tools are easy to use with a little learning and it does what I want.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I just got this from Kommando and it looks like it is right up your alley...

Free too...

Floor Planer

Semper

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks semper, I took a look at that but they make you register and require you to keep your models on their site. Unless I pay for the pro edition it really won't do what I want.

I've been playing with Google SketchUp for just a few hours and am most impressed with it so far.

Here's an example of a full 3D model I started less than an hour ago. It's not nearly complete but will give everyone an idea of what it can do.

You can even look in through the windows, but I need to add interior detail still, and eventually I'll be able to navigate through the entire building in 3D.

I can even add that damn dog that craps on my lawn.

I'm always open for other suggestions, but SketchUp looks like it will do what I need and wanted.

new topics

top topics

join