It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tree Huggers are the Lackeys of the Oil and Power Companies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ha Ha Ha Ha.

I laugh my tail off every time I see a dumb as a stump tree hugger protesting against the “Big Bad Industrial Power and Oil Complex”.

Let me ask you this…How is it that Greenpeace can constantly pay for multi-million dollar television and print advertising. How is it that so-called grass roots environmental organizations can afford to plaster full color posters all over a city right before a public vote on drilling in the Gulf of Mexico?

Do you really want to know? Can you handle the truth?

The answer my friends is that the environmental organizations are almost completely funded by the oil and power companies themselves.

Here is what happens.

First off, you have to realize the fact that power companies are guaranteed a profit every year by law. Did you know that? Power companies are a legal, slightly government regulated, privately owned, monopoly. This means that no matter how much, or how little, it costs them to produce power, they can always charge enough to make a good profit.

So, it is in their best interest NOT to build any power plants. Why? It is because when a power company cannot produce enough power on their own, then they are forced to buy power from a neighboring power company in another part of the county. This other power company charges a huge price for this power that must be purchased outside of their service area. Normally this would be a huge burden to a normal company, but because power companies are guaranteed a profit, they simply charge their customers whatever it now costs the company to purchase the power needed from its neighbor power company.

That’s how you end up with a $400.00 dollar power bill, because despite the fact that the power company is a guaranteed monopoly, they have refused to build the necessary facilities to offer power to their customers cheaply.

What these power and oil companies do is they give massive amounts of money to environmental organizations through private individuals so that the foolish sheeple people will think that Oil and Power and evil and bad, and therefore turn down every bill and law designed to produce MORE power and oil. Meanwhile the power and oil companies laugh their tails off and drink wine and Champaign ever time the foolish people turn down another proposal to drill for oil or to build a nuclear power plant.

Because of these millions of dollars of secret private donations to environmental organizations, the oil companies have bought off the vote to allow them to raise rates and rake in huge profits by never building what we need.

Oil and Power companies love Greenpeace and other environmental organizations. They give millions of dollars to them and so far, it’s been money well spent. It’s just too bad that the average tree hugging idiot is too stupid to see who’s really funding the cost of all his advertising and printing costs.

But don’t think for one minuet that Greenpeace will now refuse to take in large private donations? Heck no, they quietly know who really foots the bill for all their lavish advertising budgets.

In the end, you have to realize that the environmental organizations don’t actually give a damn about the environment. They just know that there is a hell of a lot of money to be made from the oil and power companies through private donations in playing the tree hugger role.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I searched for tree activitist because I saw a show on them. They were protesting the cutting down of redwoods. these protestors had the pepper spray put in their eyes by police using eye drops. Ouch! These protestor could take some punishment. I don't think OWS protestors have it in them. I also noticed reports of wealthy people being behind OWS. I believe the OP is on to something and that we need to learn from the past.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So let me get this right...

"Tree huggers" (those who don't want forest depletion) protest against a power, or oil company killing trees.
Their goal is to KEEP the trees alive.
Trees are essential to human life, as they provide us with oxygen.
The "tree huggers" succeed in saving a forest area. (God bless em)

After a while, big oil found a way to profit off of this little road block that is "tree huggers".
"Tree huggers" MAY not realize that big oil has figured out how to profit off of this.
"Tree huggers" are now labeled as "in bed" with big oil...?
"Tree huggers" no longer serve a noble cause..??
"Tree huggers" would be better off ALLOWING the trees to be cut down???

Wait a second, OP what do you think would be a BETTER way to go about it? Because if the goal is to stop the building of a power plant or oil rig, and that succeeds, then why does it matter where donations came from?

Is there big money to be made from big oil in saving the Polar Bears too? Greenpeace Site

And Greenpeace is blatantly lying on their site when they say

We do not take money from government or corporations. Our only bottom line is a green and peaceful future.
????

Link to statement
edit on 13-11-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

new topics

join