It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Dorothy Izatt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Just thought I'd chime in here to say I also find Dorthy's case fascinating.I remember seeing that Sightings episode years ago,and I think Unsolved Mysteries did a show on her too.(could be wrong though)

I look forward to seeing her new video,and the upcoming U.f.o. Hunters show,thanks for the heads up.Good topic for a thread!Starred and flagged.
:

[edit on 23-3-2008 by crowpruitt]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

if you want to see the unsolved mysteries show it's on page two of this thread

it's definately a good show and worth watching imo

wish i could find that sightings show...hmmm...

[edit on 23-3-2008 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks C.P. for the kudos. I am glad to see that I am not the only one here revealing his age as I too, remember an Unsolved Mysteries episode featuring Dorothy. Sadly I did not get it on VHS like I did the much shorter blurb-like feature of her on Sightings. They should have devoted an entire half program to her instead of lumping her into some unambiguous mix of other "contactees". Her effort and work alone deserve as much. An incredible woman by any standard to be certain.

Cheers,

Erik

[edit on 22/MaramMon, 24 Mar 2008 00:05:25 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Mad props to the person who posted the Unsolved Mysteries segment on Youtube. That show was a staple of my childhood and really brought me back, and was informative to boot. At the very end the Unsolved Mysteries host mentioned how Dorothy claimed the lights were there when their crew was present, but the Mysteries crew couldn't see anything, and their camera only caught one little aberrant light in the sky, whereas Dorothy's super 8 film was all weird and spectacular as usual. Hmmmm, I wonder what thats about... I'm actually pretty interested in this case i got to admit. Never heard of it until this thread. Flagged.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
What's showing in Dorothy's movies are "DIMENSIONAL BLEED-THROUGHS". Those "intelligences" Dorothy is in contact with are using:

atmospheric noise + the electric circuitry of the cam + their own EM energy field +
the stochastic resonance that exist between Dorothy and these intelligences = (resulting in) "their" manifestation on film.

Dr. J. Allen Hynek was very intrigued and IMPRESSED by Dorothy's movies and even struck up a great friendship with her.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Threadfall -

As far as what's going on with Dorothy's camera, nothing out of the ordinary except for the incredible subject matter. J. Allen Hynek suspected as much when he first met her and in his typical fashion he gave her another Super 8 camera to use while he had her original (meant to be a gift to her husband in 1974) sent to a lab and gone thru with a fine toothed comb. They took it apart and scoured it for any fudgery and external manipulation of any kind. They were fortunately unsuccessful and left with only scratching their collective heads. As for the camera J. Allen Hynek gave her, she once again yielded the same amazingly consistent footage she shot with the previous camera. Dr. Hynek too was made a believer as he apparently was made witness to the Light Beings and other stunning phenomena. The reason for her relative anonymity until recent interest was that Dr. Hynek told her that there were those who would harm her informationally at the time and that it was best to just build a large body of work for a later time which she did and still does faithfully. Simply amazing.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if those intelligences who are manifesting this way are intelligences who are brought into being not only through the stochastic resonance that exist between (in this case) Dorothy and "them" but also through the technology itself... which in this case is the camera that Dorothy is using?

So are these pre-existent intelligences of an electromagnetic nature? This seems to be the case. And another thing I wonder about is -- as our own technology continues to advance, what new types of pre-existing intelligences will begin to make themselves known to us as a result of "them" being able to manipulate our ever advancing technology in order to manifest into our dimension in such a way where we can see and communicate to them -- even on a regular basis?

I would not be surprised that there are some "intelligences" out there who are facilitating in some way towards our advancement on a technological level in this area just so we can get to the point where many more of us out there will too be able to communicate to them. Not just people who have "special" abilities.. like Dorothy (psi-sensitives with strong energy fields). Based on my own research and experimentation in this area, I do believe that what I just described above is actually taking place now and has been for quite some time now.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Sometimes I wonder if those intelligences who are manifesting this way are intelligences who are brought into being not only through the stochastic resonance that exist between (in this case) Dorothy and "them" but also through the technology itself... which in this case is the camera that Dorothy is using?

So are these pre-existent intelligences of an electromagnetic nature? This seems to be the case. And another thing I wonder about is -- as our own technology continues to advance, what new types of pre-existing intelligences will begin to make themselves known to us as a result of "them" being able to manipulate our ever advancing technology in order to manifest into our dimension in such a way where we can see and communicate to them?

I would not be surprised that there are some "intelligences" out there who are facilitating in some way towards our advancement on a technological level in this area just so we can get to the point where many more of us out there will too be able to communicate to them. Not just people who have "special" abilities.. like Dorothy. Based on my own research and experimentation in this area, I do believe that what I just described above is actually taking place now and has been for quite some time now.

Those thoughts could be a thread in-and-of themselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Palasheea -

I understand what you mean by the eminent stochastic resonances and their possible translation/expansion with the advent of using new technologies. This is one of the very things that was exciting to me when I first started this thread as I had just finished relistening to The Paracast episode I listed on page 1 of this thread where David Biedny tells Director Frank Longo that he would bring in some serious digital equipment for Dorothy to use. If she will agree to this, the ramifications could potentially be more staggering and humbling than that of what she has already produced. Really think about this. It gives me goosebumps and heebie geebies. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve staying up late to possibly catch a glimpse of the "Real Santa". I can't wait. I will keep this thread alive with every possible update. This is just so amazingly important and with Dorothy being in her mid 80's, I hate to be the harbinger of doom here, but time is of the utmost obvious essence. Collect, collect, collect. Archive. Study. Expand.

Patiently eager?

Erik

P.S. I love my screenwasher! *snicker*

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yes.. time is of the essence! She's a walking treasure trove of information! Jeepers!

I'm very excited about this too and good to find those who here who are just as interested as I am in this MIND BOGGLING area of interest!

I'm happy about that!

Let's keep this thread ALIVE!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Palasheea -

It would really, really help Dorothy to keep this thread alive and kicking and get it to a broader audience if you flag and favorite it all to heck. K? Interest generated is money's generated for this case study. Everything helps. Sorry if that came across too pushy. This is just an imperative thing. And time again is flying by!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Lol... of course!! A flag and fav. for you!

Will also do anything to help out as this is my main area of research.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Palasheea -

As much as my ego would enjoy the narssicism, those flag's and fav's aren't for me. They are for Dorothy. I will however, allow myself to appreciate it on her behalf so, much gratitude and Deep Bows to you for your recognition and noble gesture towards this case's importance.

And hugs,
Erik

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
Mad props to the person who posted the Unsolved Mysteries segment on Youtube. That show was a staple of my childhood and really brought me back, and was informative to boot.

I hate to be off topic, but I have to chime in. I used to love that show!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Wow, I must say I'm kind of surprised at how much positive attention Dorothy Izatt's story is getting here on ATS. It's somewhat ironic that redwoodjedi's post references the Paracast episode in which Frank Longo and Peter Gutilla were interviewed. I say it's ironic because Biedny himself slams the story on the Paracast forums, and takes exception to certain issues surrounding them and the actual case itself. Go take a look for yourselves. Here's a quote from David Biedny himself: "It's very simple - neither Longo or Guttilla will EVER be allowed back on this show." Hmm, they must have left a great impression. Now he does admit that he thinks Dorothy is the "real thing", but that's his problem.

I listened to that show when it first aired, and I must say that I found both guests less than believable in their arguments on this case, and in some ways downright rude. The actual films Dorothy took don't make much sense to me, either. If these aliens really wanted to give themselves up to her for documentation purposes (or whatever, film stars or something) why didn't they give her help in filming them? Let's face it, they're pretty bad films. Not much clarity there. Why didn't the aliens give her something really cool, like maybe come and sit in her living room and let them film them all having tea and biscuits together? I buy this story 0%.

NEXT!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I must admit. My being off-topic here as well, that as an aside, I too enjoyed Unsolved Mysteries immensely. Who could resist Robert Stack looking like McGruff the Crime Dog in a bad Noir Film?!

*snick*

Erik

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I don't know much about this case, but has anyone else filmed what Dorothy has filmed? From the same location or in the areas around it?

I think it would be a big plus if there was footage from other people in addition to Dorothy's footage.

This would be interesting if it was genuine.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
here is the link to the trailer and it shows some of the footage in the video.

towards the end of the video you can see a ufo outside the kitchen window

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Capturing the Light (trailer 2)

Seriously. You are being serious? Dude, there is a LIGHT outside the window, a LIGHT. I think you might have a slight problem in a court of law tying to prove that that light was a UFO. Looks like a frigging flashlight.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Karras -

There are some similar cases. Most recent and notably is some of the footage shot over Stephensville, Texas back in January near Crawford, Texas. There is a link and some photos for comparison in the first page of this thread. The second lesser known footage is taken by the kind of New Agey author Gilliland. There comparisons are pretty close. Some of Gilliland's stuff is shot it broad daylight. Again this is posted on page 1 of this thread. Interesting.

JRCrowley - To each their own. To a believer, no proof is needed. To a nonbeliever, any proof is never enough. As for The Paracast episode on March 2nd, yes I will contend that the guests seemed a bit "off". What went on with their Skype connection that wasn't put into the show is speculation at best. I only know what I heard on the program. I will look at what Biedny wrote in the forums however for corroboration. Again, only Dorothy's story is important. She is not in this for any kind of recognition, fame, glory or money. She is only known because friends/family brought her interesting story to those that would listen. And in her words, "for those that don't believe, that's their problem."

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi
Breadfan - Beyond your obvious bashing of topics paranormal (I studied your profile and some other places you have been on the net. I am government security! I like to know things about whom I am to have a repartee with.) and seemingly disinformant nature of your banter, is something I fear far more pathological and warrants a closer study. I myself will respond to you this one last time and beyond that I will not give you a second glance. I can truly appreciate a skeptical mind and even a debunking mindset when the information is presented in a obviously studied and intellectual manner. You sir have presented to nowhere on this site any such material. Well done if your intent was to come across as an angry fundamentalist of some sort with a personal fear of Human Potential, expansion and change or are simply entertained by the sophomoric need for any attention positive or negative by throwing ignorance-based statements into threads of many kinds (and many sites!) willy-nilly. Sad that you can't look at all of the material given here with an objective indifference and formulate an educated hypothesis to be dolled out in an equally educated and cathartic approach. Pity. I always enjoy meeting other viewpoints and applaud their originality and depth when they are....Human.

Sincerely,

Erik

Ok. mr Erik who works for goverement and as such has an extensive knowledge of Google usage and typing in "Breadfan" in the search box (was this a special training you had to undergo on some special course?).

Although, after your thorough analysis of my psyche profile and the intent of leaving an impression by using lots of hard to understand expressions, you don't have intention to reply anymore to my posts (which would indicate you're feeling a bit threatened by my opinion so you decided to take a defensive stance, have I ticked you off?), I am going to reply you, even if I am replying to a wall.

Well, you see Eric, I actually used arguments in order to "debunk" this whole thing with this woman and her videos. It's a different matter if you simply don't like what I'm saying and acting so defensive.

Here are some facts for you:

1) The photos are blurry, show blurry object, UFO's at best
2) The videos are blurry, show blurry objects, UFO's at best

You know what does UFO mean? It means UNINDTIFIABLE flying object.
Which means, it could be a spaceship or a baloon, or a pumped up Bee on steroids.

Then, there are some other facts Mr. Erik:

3) The DVD is sold, not handed out in the interest of spreading the truth.

If something is being sold, especially if claimed to be an eye opening revelation, sold for bucks, it most likely a bulls**it.

Since you underwent a special training in Google usage, go use that knowledge and type that word in the box and you'll find a nice Wikipedia explanation of it.

It means scam.

So, there you go.

I know you won't reply to me anymore, because I am a disinformant and I do this for a living and you're a lot better then me (or maybe just can't fight my arguments?), but just for fun and some mind gimnastics, I decided to try to explain you why is my opinion on this matter the way it is.

Have a nice day Mr. Eric.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Breadfan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join