It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Islamic Year and no attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I had seen several discussions regarding the UBL promise to attack us by the end of the Islamic year which ended yesterday.

Could be we are actually winning this part of the war on Teror.

My question: Do you believe that UBL and his group still have the capability to hit the US?

I would say at this point no. They are all about credibility among their own people, that is how they recruit new members, they deliver and recently, they cannot. UBL has promised he will martyr himself in a spectacular attack on the US, most likely he will die in a cave just as we are about to capture him.

Hopefully we have our eyes on the next big threat, whomever that may be.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
MAYB JUST MAYB IT WASNT OBL????

THINK dont get ure info from the news and internet ONLY

Look at evidence 4 ureself---it can make u a better person

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So the CIA did it?
Bush ordered the attack?
Maybe we ticked of the canadians and they did it?
Maybe it was mechanical failure on those airliners?
Maybe they were remote controlled planes with no passengers on them controled by a secret military organization? and now we have paid off hundreds of families to get them to lie?

Good lord, they said they did it, the people who flew the planes are tied to them. They attacked the embassies, the USS Cole, the WTC before.

I mean really the idea of little green men and secret government conspiracies is fun to read but in reality, just doesn't work for me.

Flame=on

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ummm, no. The only threat Islam has on the United States is the increasing of converts from Christianity to Islam.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
nothing happened but I know something big will happen with OBL this year...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
nothing happened but I know something big will happen with OBL this year...

Yea, he'll magically appear and be caught.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm not going to do this, but you can go back and review a very large number of topics from ATS members regarding the certainty of terrorist attacks in the mainland US on this date or that date over the past six months.

The board lost an awful lot of appeal to me during that period, which thankfully is finally over.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I'm not going to do this, but you can go back and review a very large number of topics from ATS members regarding the certainty of terrorist attacks in the mainland US on this date or that date over the past six months.

The board lost an awful lot of appeal to me during that period, which thankfully is finally over.

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
My question: Do you believe that UBL and his group still have the capability to hit the US?

Only if he is allowed to do it.

With a court record now estimated to approach 10,000 pages, the case of Delmart Mike Vreeland is starting to attract worldwide attention. Vreeland, with a growing amount of evidence admitted into court record in Toronto, Canada, claims to be a former U.S. Naval lieutenant assigned to the Office of Naval Intelligence. He was jailed in Canada -- at the request of U.S. authorities -- in December 2000 after returning from Moscow.

Although Canadian authorities initially alleged vague fraud charges against him and also held him on an extradition warrant alleging credit card fraud in Michigan, the actual motive for his arrest now seems to be something quite different. All Canadian charges against Vreeland were dropped this March and he has been granted political refugee status in Canada until the extradition issues are resolved.

Vreeland s position is that he returned from Russia to meet with a Canadian and a Russian intelligence operative, and had intended to hand over a sealed pouch containing intelligence documents. When the handoff was compromised and the Canadian did not show for the Toronto meet, Vreeland opened the pouch and looked at some of the documents. Those documents, which he later had translated, gave specific warnings of the pending WTC attacks that were to take place nine months later...

According to both Vreeland and his lawyers, as reported in numerous interviews with this writer and other members of the FTW staff, immediately after his arrest Vreeland began making urgent attempts to alert both Canadian and U.S. intelligence officials of the coming danger.

... there can be no doubt that the letter was written a month before the attacks.

In an interview with this writer published on April 4, Vreeland clearly stated his belief that Al Qaeda operations had been completely penetrated by U.S. intelligence services. That belief is supported by a statement in his warning letter.

The statement, following a list of potential targets that included the WTC, the Pentagon and the White House said, Let one happen, stop the rest. Such a statement could only imply complete penetration or compromise of the terrorist cells perpetrating the attacks.

Compelling evidence continues to grow that Vreeland was, in fact, a U.S. Navy officer ... In addition, redacted and incomplete military records provided by the Pentagon to the Canadian courts indicate Vreeland had a service record of more than 1,200 pages

The Case For Bush Administration Advance Knowledge Of 911 Attacks

zgrams.zundelsite.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Honestly, it happens to be the peak of stupidity for anyone to decide that they're going to read an article on a website of questionable integrity predicting dates for mass death, and then sit at home on their easy chair and watch as bombs start going off on that exact date.

As said numerous times, it is very sad to think that a movement who's greatest success capitalized on the element of surprise is going to broadcast the exact date time and place of their next attacks. Get a clue, that's simply not how things work. If it makes you happy though, I'm sure this next year will carry hundreds of brilliant predictions as well.

new topics

top topics

join