It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Boskop Man an Alien?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hah! What a coinkydink. I just found this brand new thread. Can someone say "synchronicity?"

why can humans only use 11% of there brains

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by manythoughts
Can anyone cite a reference for getting D.N.A from bone? I’ve heard of it being done. If they have a skull it would seem they could do the same procedure. That would settle the question as to how close we are related. or am i way off base?

manythougts,

I suggest you look at this site.

www.lloydpye.com...

Research the starchild skull. You can probably google it too. (What a wonderful tool google is.) He was handed down a skull of a child from many years ago. I don't know how far back the skull dates but it could be much more recent than this Boskop skull. However in regards to the Starchild skull Lloyd Pye had the DNA tested and only the maternal DNA came up but the paternal didn't show up, or couldn't be extracted. I can vaguely recall the details. Look it up.

Off topic. Lloyd Pye also is one of the men in the forefront of the Intervention Theory. Humans being created by aliens. He assumes that Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation of certian Sumerian texts of creation is true. He seems like a very open minded man and approaches things objectively. Anyone who is interested in this thing should go to the above url and look through his site. It's very persuasive.

-Dean

P.S. No time for spellchecking so sorry for any blatant mistakes I made in typing this reply. I'm leaving work and want to get home.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
O.K Amplifeye,
You just gave me A LOT to look at. Thank You. It will take me awhile to digest.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by manythoughts

I have even considered the idea that we are the aliens, or that human life may have evolved elsewhere as well as here on Earth.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

O.K Amplifeye,
You just gave me A LOT to look at. Thank You. It will take me awhile to digest.

No problem. Hope you enjoy the information on his website.

jackinthebox,

I, too, have pondered that theory. It's hard to tell what theory is best. I'm not a believer in "Creationism" but I tend to agree with many of the facts that seem to disprove evolution. The Cambrian Explosion, irreducible complexity, our 46 pair based gene structure compared to primate's 48 pair bases, domestic animals and plants, etc.

Anyways this topic has veered WAY off course.

I'd like to see a complete skull of a Homo Capensis. (no homo; heh, I joke) One of the OP's articles stated that other archaeologists have found skulls of the same sort, and a later link provided the same information. So it would seem the skull that we have seen is NOT anomalous. What is the scientific classification for the "Coneheads"? I'll see if I can find it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sorry for double posting.

The skull is abnormal in several aspects. A dentist determined, based on examination of the upper right maxilla found with the skull, that it was a child's skull, 4.5 to 5 years in age.[3] However, the volume of the interior of the starchild skull is 1600 cubic centimeters, which is 200 cm³ larger than the average adult's brain, and 400 cm³ larger than an adult of the same approximate size. The orbits are oval and shallow, with the optic nerve canal situated at the bottom of the orbit instead of at the back. There are no frontal sinuses.[2] The back of the skull is flattened, but not by artificial means. The skull consists of calcium hydroxyapatite, the normal material of mammalian bone.[4]

Carbon 14 dating was performed twice, the first on the normal human skull at the University of California at Riverside in 1999, and on the Starchild skull in 2004 at Beta Analytic in Miami, the largest radiocarbon dating laboratory in the world. Both independent tests gave a result of 900 years ± 40 years since death.[5] DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD, a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull. BOLD was unable to extract any DNA from the maxilla.[5] Further DNA testing at Trace Genetics, which unlike BOLD specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, in 2003 recovered mitochondrial DNA and determined that the child had a human mother, though it was not the child of the skull found with it. Its mother did belong to a known Native American haplogroup, haplogroup C. However, useful lengths of nuclear DNA for further testing could not be recovered. [6] Later testing in 2004 at the Royal Holloway college [1] of the University of London revealed unexplained "fibers" in the bone of the skull and a reddish residue in the cancellous bone, neither of which are known or recorded to exist prior to the discovery.

en.wikipedia.org...

So this skull isn't even a tenth of the age of the Boskop skull, but they did retrieve mitochondrial DNA saying it had a human mother but the nuclear DNA to test the origins of the father could not be recovered.

Anyways, it's been claimed that skulls like the coneheads from Peru are due to cranial vault modification (skull binding), but it would seem that it only reshapes the cranium and leaves a permanent soft spot at the top of the skull, and it would not increase skull volume, which is the case for most of these odd skulls. I'd say other reasons are called for to explain them other than a dismissive "skull binding". I also could not find a genus or species classification for these skulls so I think it's reasonable to assume there isn't one or any.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Amplifeye

Another anomaly I heard of years ago, but have never been ablt to find any other material on, was an odd sleep cycle detected in a scientific study.

The study set out to determine why people had trouble sleeping sometims and not others, as well as showing signs of lack of sleep on some days after a full night's sleep. So they took a batch of test subjects, and put them in a room for several months without a clock or a window, and no schedule to follow. Of course they were provided with recreation material, exercise equipment, and food, but nothing would be brought to them at any set intervals. This experiment was done in the late 60's, early 70's I believe.

What they found, is that a large portion of these subjects fell into the pattern of a roughly 36-hour day, with the normal 7 or 8 hours of sleep. Some people suggested that this was evidence that this may be a latent instinct in people who were descended from beings that evolved on a planet that rotated on a 36-hour day basis, and not 24 like here on Earth.

Back to Earth though. I have also thought that it is quite possible that a human species developed alongside our own, but may have been more intelligent. Sort of like we were a bit more intelligent that than our similar ancestors, or the side-branch Neandertals. I think the fossil record will continue to bring forth evidence that the human family is far more diverse than readily accepted.

But here's where my theory loses people. Not only did these more intelligent and slightly different looking people exist, but that they still do today, somewhere behind the scenes. I don't have to go into all the tales and mythology that would support the idea of a hidden race.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have this book called Dreaming about Dragons, and one chapter is devoted to these people. We really do not know much about them and the author wondered whether they were playful and dreamy. Living on a beach minding their own business but they never made it further into the evolutionary tree. I really liked this chapter because indeed there is little publicity about these people.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There are also many naturally occuring diseases etc. that can cause a persons body or bone structure to change shape drastically,

Gigantism for example,

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I found this on the Boskop race:

American Anthropologist 1975

Rightmire, G. P. Problems in the Study of Later Pleistocene Man in Africa. American Anthropologist. 1975. 77:28-
An archaeological history of the Middle Stone Age is given and the scarcity of skeletal fossils from this time period as well as the limitations of existing ones are addressed. At one time it was believed the "Boskop race" was prevalent during this period but the dating process, for this assertion, has been questioned and this, in turn, has led to the questioning of a "Boskop race" more generally. Some scientists have claimed that this race is actually more modern.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hey Maybeonce, Have you been able to find any reference to artifacts? I've seen a lot of interesting "idea's" posted as to who he might be, but I’m interested more in the basics, what was found and what it tell's us. Most of what I keep finding is the same two or three paragraphs stating that they don't know much of anything, other than that they had a larger cranial capacity then us.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Hey Maybeonce, Have you been able to find any reference to artifacts?

I found this:

The Cambridge History of Africa By J. D. Fage, Fage, J. D., 1921-, Roland Anthony Oliver, Oliver, Roland, 1923-

The Boskop and Cape Flats fossils were not found in association with artifacts...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Not saying I know, but the unusually shaped skull could have been a birth deformity or genetic cul-de-sac that disappeared.

Early anthropologists often innocently attached great importance to what turned out to be anomalies.

Think of the bizarrely connected babies that still still are born today.

Mike F

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
the so called skull was just a single example of a large skull and not representative of a population.

some really good info
here

boskop info

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I am new here and I just saw this article in discover magazine related to this topic. I thought it was an amazing article which may explain some of the ancient mysteries and alien abduction cases. I have always been interested in ancient astronaut theories and have an open mind about our ancient past. This article theorizes that Boskop man simply disappeared 10,000 years ago but who is to say they in fact died out. If they were as smart as this article claims, they could have established an advanced civilization and left earth. It took humans mere 200 years to go from industrial revolution to space age. As futurist Ray Kurzweil states, technological advancement becomes exponential after certain time. Where do you think we would be in 1000 years from today? (if we manage not to destroy ourselves that is.).
This speculative theory would explain why the aliens people claim to see look the way they look. They look so familiar because they have human DNA. This also explains how they could create hybrid race with humans as it has been the claimed by abductees. I think it is possible for smart species to establish an advanced civilization within 30,000 years and leave earth and visit back. Here is the link, it is interesting and something to think about:

discovermagazine.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good first post and the lack of availalble info suggests it warrants further investigation...

Not to be negtive but the one example sited would in fact be termed as an anomally (same as if you found Shaq's skeleton in the year 8010 and summised that all humans in 2010 were 7 feet tall).

Need more examples before assuming this is some sort of sub genus in my opinion

[edit on 3-1-2010 by jukiodone2]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well normally I would agree with you jukiodone2, but if you read the article, this is not a one time discovery. Article touches on that issue:

"Might the very large Boskop skull be an aberration? Might it have been caused by hydrocephalus or some other disease? These questions were quickly preempted by new discoveries of more of these skulls."

This is not someone in future finding skeleton of Shaq, but finding several Shaq skeletons. Enough of them were discovered that scientists now think this is a separate line of human species. As far as I know, Discover is a serious scientific publication so this is a very interesting article.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Ladyvictoria]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is interesting stuff.
An extinct species of Proto-Human.
With small frames, and small child-like faces.

And a Brain that was 30% Larger than Ours!

That 30% difference in size is not as telling as WHERE the difference and size is present...

The "amazing" Boskops
They possessed extraordinary features: forebrains roughly 50% larger than ours, and estimated IQs to match--far surpassing our own.

Between the difference in Size, and the Placement of the extra brain-mass, Boskops was possibly as advanced from us, as we are from the Chimpanzee.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LASTofTheV8s
This is interesting stuff.
An extinct species of Proto-Human.
With small frames, and small child-like faces.

And a Brain that was 30% Larger than Ours!

That 30% difference in size is not as telling as WHERE the difference and size is present...

The "amazing" Boskops
They possessed extraordinary features: forebrains roughly 50% larger than ours, and estimated IQs to match--far surpassing our own.

Between the difference in Size, and the Placement of the extra brain-mass, Boskops was possibly as advanced from us, as we are from the Chimpanzee.

geeze, that's a BIG difference!
not only that but we were not living in trees!

the only other civilisations advanced at that time, do not look like them,
i'd say.

what i'm trying to say/ask, is there doesn't seem to be any record of them interacting with others.
10kya is not a long time.

although there doesn't seem to be anything solid between any other groups either?

neanderthal and sapiens interaction is basicly conjecture, right?

WTH went on back then between 200kbp-10kbp?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I wonder if Boskop man was cro Magnon?

Cro Magnon is where RH- blood type came from. Appeared suddenly 36,000 years ago in the fossil record at this time, as did rh- in the basque region, allegedly went extinct 10,000 years ago, which is false btw! Very likely they have formed a breakaway civilisation.

CM was a nephilim creation and modern humans are downgraded from this. to be Human is to be Rh+ created after the flood. RH- in the modern populace is due to interbreeding with Cro magnon. Cro Magnon is not the same as human! many try and blur that line. All Cro Magnon were modern humans, but not all moderns are CM.

Think about this all, this ties in with the Luciferian rebellion time wise. IMO it's not so necessary to focus on the annunaki tampering of 450,000 years ago, it's not relevant to the current situation, also Many UFOs seen are under ownership of the parallel secret civilisation.

The cone heads may well be the original Nephilim.. Oh yeah and CM is a reptilian based hybrid, seen proof with my own eyes once involving myself, research this further and there's plenty of data confirming that too. the Khazar Jews are a different reptilian based hybrid created 6000 years ago to oppose and eradicate the original CM lines, this is what's happened since their creation, through roman times when they attempted and mostly succeeded in doing this with the Germanic tribes, then the witch hunts eradicating red heads..through to the modern day with forced multi culturalism and technical invasion occurring currently just before Px arrives.

There you have it

atlanteangardens.blogspot.cz...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join