It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Boskop Man an Alien?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is my first post here, "hi" everyone.
I never heard of Boskop Man before, but I saw this on discovermagazine.com:

The Extinct Human Species That Was Smarter Than Us

...the Boskops, an almost forgotten group of early humans who lived in southern Africa between 30,000 and 10,000 years ago. Judging from fossil remains, scientists say the Boskops were similar to modern humans but had small, childlike faces and huge melon heads that held brains about 30 percent larger than our own.

So I did some more searching and found this:

Was Boskop Man an Alien?

If the Boskops were that more intelligent then us, is it possible they were able to leave this planet and start another civilization elsewhere? Could they be returning "home" to study us? Some believe grey aliens are creating hybrid human/alien babies. If they are our distant ancestors, it would explain why they chose humans to "breed" with.

Or could it be that Boskop Man never was of this planet? Could it be they are aliens who lived here in a colony, and eventually left again? Could they have lived here in a scientific community, studying this planet? Maybe experimenting on early man, experiments some believe that they continue to this day?

The theory that Boskop Man could be an alien sounds intriguing. But I don't really know much on the subject so I thought I'd get everyone's opinion on it here.
What do you all think of it? Could Boskop Man be a grey alien?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by maybeonce

Sounds interesting, have to read up on it though, since i have not heard about it either.

S&F

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
hmmm. Sounds interesting! i like this topic. but i mean if we have remains of them? are there pictures? dna samples? or the bones too old? hmmm im gonna read up on this too. i like this topic. it makes for a interesting thread

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hmm...
It's getting a bit suspect, i am not finding very much of information on this.
Or i am really useless at using goooogle

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dajanksta but i mean if we have remains of them? are there pictures? dna samples? or the bones too old?

I haven't been able to find any pictures online. I haven't seen anything about their DNA either. I'll continue searching, but so far I haven't been having much luck.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balez
It's getting a bit suspect, i am not finding very much of information on this.

I haven't been able to find much either. I find it very strange that you can find tons of info and pictures on other types of "early man", but not much on Boskop Man.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm just sayin'. This has all the earmarks of planted disinfo... Well. We'll see what we can find.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dajanksta

After 9K years, I think DNA begins to vanish quite rapidly. This subject needs someone with some true talent to pursue it.

Statistics tell us that over 90 percent of the known ancient documents that sit on shelves all over the globe have never been translated nor researched. With that in mind how many anthropologists are going to waste their careers on such a "wink" on the scope?

I totally agree it should be ferreted out, but the students out there just are not willing & able. What ATS needs are REAL research volunteers who can chase something like this down.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sounds to me like one of several "inconvenient facts" that are ignored whenever we get the "official" version of history. This isn’t just another blurry photo, or paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy theory. These are artifacts you can hold in your hand, yet you never hear about it. I'm interested to see where it leads.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm very interested in human origins, but I'm not a real researcher (at this point) I'm more like an enthusiast.

Now, I never heard about Boskop Man but the idea of a "human type" that had larger brains than we have is NOT far fetched.

People forget VERY easily about the Cro-Magnons, which used to exist about 10.000 to 40.000 years ago - same time frame.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.talkorigins.org...

I did not look into this Boskop story yet, but already find it very believable.

Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
"Boskop Man" was once considered (by some) to be a separate species, but today it is considered to be the same species as us -- Homo sapien. I think only the one and only skull ever found was back in 1913.

The skull is certainly a little different than ours, but it is also so similar that I can't believe it could have be from an alien race. I think it's much more likely that it is simply a Homo sapien with an enlarged skull.

EDIT TO ADD:
reply to post by Sator

Even Cro-Magnon Man was the same species as us -- Homo sapiens. We are virtually the same as the Cro-Magnons (anthropologically speaking), just like anthropologists today say that "Boskop Man" is the same as Modern Humans.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If one looks at the comparison photos as shown in the second link, the was boskop man an alien?, I’m no expert but I’ve never seen a homosapien with a skull that big. Whether it's considered the same "species" as us or not, it is certainly a different "breed".

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
"I think it's much more likely that it is simply a Homo sapien with an enlarged skull.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

Same here. The skull may be big, but it still looks human. The ocular cavities look like they fit normal human eyeballs.... not huge black slanted eyes the greys supposebly have.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Actually looking at the reconstruction, they don't actually HAVE any bones that make up the ocular cavities. The reconstruction is a best guess drawing. They only have a few peices of the skull.

I've often wondered if the black eyes are more like an immovable eyelid that they can see out of but protects their sensitive eyes from the bright lights from earth. I wonder why they seem to come at night? I read once that large eyes signify that they may have come from an environment with low light conditions.

Conjecture at best, but thought it would be good to point out the reconstruction is a best guess.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I did a google search for Boskop. Then for Homo Capensis.

Came across this link: digitallibrary.amnh.org...

Click the Open button to open a .pdf file. It seems authentic. I haven't read through it yet. Only skimmed. It at the very least verifies the OP's article.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by maybeonce

Nice start! Welcome to ATS.

I like Discover, and this topic, but the article certainly seems to be lacking.

He might have been speaking for the Boskops, an almost forgotten group of early humans who lived in southern Africa between 30,000 and 10,000 years ago.

I wonder if they lived thoughout that period, or that the remains have been dated to sometime within that period. If they were contemporary to the beginnings of civilization as we know it, that would be quite profound in my opinion.

Judging from fossil remains, scientists say the Boskops were similar to modern humans but had small, childlike faces and huge melon heads that held brains about 30 percent larger than our own.

Reading thorough the thread, it seems that only one partial skull was discovered. Surely there must be more examples to support their assertion as to facial structure, and their basic premise that this fossil is not simply anomalous such as this one found in north America if I remember correctly.

In fact, if you search, you will find many bizarre examples of skull structure. There was a complete colony in South America with extremely elongated skulls. So much so that they really were "coneheads."

With all of that though, I do not believe that brain size necessarily correlates to intelligence. After all, Einstein's brain size was actually well below average. Not to mention that the average human only uses a small percentage of their brainpower, quite literally.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If you google "alien skulls" in a google image search inquiry you can find more similar pages.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I imagine you can also google coneheads in an image search or even a regular search.

As you can see the left portion of the picture superimposes the outline of the skull over a human skull. Much larger. A little too big for head binding to be attributed to the elongation.

Sorry for the slightly off topic post.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Can anyone cite a reference for getting D.N.A from bone? I’ve heard of it being done. If they have a skull it would seem they could do the same procedure. That would settle the question as to how close we are related. or am i way off base?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by manythoughts

There are diffuculties with extracting DNA from bones by my understanding. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't, sometimes only partially. Depending on the history of the articaft I believe. I have read somewhere however, that some testing has been done on these anomalous skulls, and that the DNA did not match perfectly to humans.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks Jackinthebox. As soon as I posted that reply I wondered, if it was an "experiment", who knows what DNA would match ours or not. Couldn't someone "splice" DNA, isn't that what our scientists do now? If it was an experiment or cross breeding, how could we tell what was original DNA or what was crossbred?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join