It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott the Chinese Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here in the West we are very quick to be indignant and self righteous about despot regimes and dictators etc. so should the World unite together and tell the Chinese that if they continue with their actions in Tibet then they can forget the games. Its the least thing we can do to help but it may have some impact on the Chinese as they do not like loosing face on issues such as these.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's a tough call.
Supposedly the games are apolitical. We all know that isn't true.
I think it's important to get as many cameras, and as many non-Chinese into the country as possible. There will be many stories to tell before, during, and after the games. China may have to come clean on it's own particular brand of human rights abuses.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well i can say that i will not be watching any of the olympic broadcast, and i know that my family wont be watching either!

I just think what the chinese are doing is not right. Not only the tibet issue, but the issue of just bulldozing peoples houses to make room for stadiums, roads etc, and recent reports that came out about the chinese mass killings of cats and animals to 'cleanse' the areas.

I know that it may seem silly, that i'm simply not going to watch the olympics, but a lot of other people feel the same way too, and its surprising to see how many people out there will also boycott the games.

I know there was talk that some European countries such as France would like to boycott the games, or at least the opening ceremony, and i say go for it, and once one country does it you will see that many many more will follow.

new topics

join