It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when BTS was fun?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm pretty new here so it seems to me the religion and spirituality threads are by far the most popular. I am somewhat interested in some of the issues but it seems like nobody convinces anybody, the same people do most of the debating which always ends up in an argument and some really uncivil behavior goes on. There is a God vs. there is no god, my relgion v. your religion, etc. etc. I don't go there anymore.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
me and hikix have just noticed an increased amount of faith and spirituality threads in the past few months

i don't remember nearly as much faith and spirituality topics on the 'recent posts' pages around the same time last year

While I'm not a fan of the 'spiritual' and 'religious' threads, I'd still say this is a good thing. A lot of those threads would have been on ATS in the 'conspiracies in religion' forum(before they cleaned it out). Many of thoses threads stayed on ATS for awhile, even though they had nothing to do with conspiracy.

It doesn't matter much to me, since I usually never click those threads anyway. Religion is a subject where people seem to be way to polarized, stubborn, and/or stuck in their ways. Not much gets accomplished that way.

I'd really like an option to ignore a certain forums that show up on the recent posts page without having to use myATS.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
reply to post by hikix

Well, being that today is Easter, I suppose it's the one day out of the year we're safe from this monster:

Well you guys might be safe now that Easter is over, but NOBODY expects:

The Ether Bunny

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have posted in numerous religious threads and must say that I am becoming bored with the number of religious threads and the repetativeness and lack of reasoned debate shown in the majority of them.

When I first starting visiting BTS it was a fun place but I think the "feel" of it has definately changed.
I think this may be due to the banning and absence of some of the more "colourful" members, the closure of the game threads and the influx of a lot of new members many of whom seem to produce a frenzy of activity then nothing.

The official ATS games generated a very good feeling but I agree that the onus is on the membership to produce threads of a high enough quality that they stimulate a "fun" feeling.

Unfortunately, I'm probably the worst culprit for starting crap threads and have become a thread killer extraordinaire.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

In troubled times that's what happens...people find security where they can. Some with their faith, others with, well, other stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I am a conformist in my nonconformity, and I have loads of fun on BTS. Of course, though, I am not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination. But I do know at least a few christians, muslims, and jews who aren't tight-a**es at all about their religion. They have fun, too. Maybe not in the same areas that I do. But they have fun and can throw down when they choose to. Even though I may be a New Ager, so to speak, I can understand where they are coming from, too.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So, the OP blames the Jesus lovers for ruining his fun. What a cop out!

Tell me, what is considered fun to you? I happen to be a Christian and avoid such threads myself as nothing gets resolved in the middle of a fight. However, I don't see where it has stunted my ability to "have fun".

Blaming someone else for your problems, give me a break!:shk:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I remember having fun on BTS daily since I joined the ATS community on Mar 12th 2008: reliable as sunrise and sunset.
I like it because there are many members who are really witty, bright, energetic and not "mean-spirited", affable, engaging and fun. I like the music, I really enjoy a "Rant" that's written well. I may compose one myself someday.

I also remember when Miller's, "I don't want to get off on a rant here" were insightful when it was comedy. People change.

I've clicked on a few threads pertaining to the subject matter that the OP finds cause for rant about, the OP is correct in at least one aspect IMHO; not fun. Not my personal choice for productive enjoyable interaction with others in a non-confrontational open manner. I'd rather walk through a field littered with Claymore and Bett's.

Unbridled expression within the T and C and bounds of reasonable decency is a blast. That's what "Rant" is for. There are some excellent "Rants" and depressurizing without rebuke and a joshing by the well meaning is great. You can see people's spirits lifted when supported by other members. Frown and tension become smiles and thoughtful relaxation. Open another tab and put on some music you've never heard, have a "Rant"
share a joke and some comraderie of the Espirt du Guerre that more serious subject matter connotes. :bnghd: Unwind.

I remember when BTS was fun and for me it IS fun. I'm having fun now.

Badge01 and ChiKeyMonkey
are so fun and intelligent and of good cheer and empathy they ought to develop lessons in it. There's others, I'd mention but B' and 'Monkey are those who I cite as evidence knowing they won't take offense accepting the message in good-spirit it's intended.
It's all good for everyone hero or 0 like me. Badge01 is so "double-entendre" and a great sport!!!

Just the way I feel, I guess; good. I could've chosen other alternative subject-matter sites, I did not and here's why: creative expression and the collegial denial of ignorance is what makes the people of the ATS community number 1 4me no matter what the date or hour of the day.

My "Don't Comb Your Hair Day" efforts are working nicely. Thanks Badge01 for mnemonic!

Speak'

[edit on 1-4-2008 by SpeakEasyOne]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
ok, I started this thread if you guys are interested in having some fun!
Thread

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
So, the OP blames the Jesus lovers for ruining his fun. What a cop out!

Tell me, what is considered fun to you? I happen to be a Christian and avoid such threads myself as nothing gets resolved in the middle of a fight. However, I don't see where it has stunted my ability to "have fun".

WOAH there buddy, CALM DOWN!

The OP is NOT blaming anyone!
Yes, there are a lot of posts about faith and spirituality on BTS.
there is nothing wrong with that, but dont get me wrong, they ARENT that much fun read.
lots of arguments, lots of unnecessary aggression...

All the OP says is that BTS used to be a lot livelier and a lot more fun!
I agree!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

I happen to be a Christian myself (along with the 100 million other people on this site). And, I do avoid those threads myself.... for the same reason you do. Those threads you speak of happen to take up most of the recent posts on BTS.
Thus, with all the members on BTS arguing about who has the better fake god, it kindof takes away from the threads that were designed to let loose and have fun.

So, in essence, it has stunted my ability to have fun.... considering that the people who were once 'having fun' are now arguing about how Jesus loves them more then Jesus loves you.

Am i making any sense over here?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This thread is a lot of fun. If we could maintain this spirit, we would go a long way in bringing back the revelry and down right party atmosphere we use to enjoy.

edit: just because I can!!

[edit on 4-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I too have noticed the increase to which Hikix is referring.

I tend to haunt the Music and US Sports forums on BTS and keep my nose out of the rest. I'm a lot happier for it.

/tn.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I don't know exactly the date the Bible Thumpers decided to infiltrate BTS and confess their love for jesus, but it must've happened a while ago because I haven't been able to joke around on this site for a long time.

When I joined ATS I began to post threads about religion and creation. I created many threads about god. It's my fault that all of this has happened and I take all the blame. But I learned that it's not a good idea afterall because people wont change. I got bashed up by the atheists pretty good out there.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
And then the Xians ganged up and returned the bashings, with applause from their like minded buddies, and got most of the witty, playful, intelligent and, dare I say it, fun members banned.

So now, without the atheists to gang up on, you're ganging up on each other...nice.

Nice and pathetic.

And you wonder where the fun went?

Pfft! :shk:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Double post! See below

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Who are all the witty, playful, intelligent and fun members that got banned?

The only two I know are MMF and Marduk. Fun????
Nobody ganged up on them to get them banned.
They violated T&C.
The Christian bashing was a LOT worse then, from what I remember.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Heh...they know who they are.

And so does the forum member who starred my last post.

Have fun...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by goosdawg

Who are all the witty, playful, intelligent and fun members that got banned?

The only two I know are MMF and Marduk. Fun????
Nobody ganged up on them to get them banned.
They violated T&C.
The Christian bashing was a LOT worse then, from what I remember.

I could rattle of quite a list but then that would get me in trouble.

I'm one of those that used to post in BTS everyday without fail. This is probably my first post in BTS in weeks if not months, and its in a rant. lol.

I think its a combination of things, some good fun members who started lots of clever threads are no longer here, so called "pointless threads" were shut down, there has been a definate increase in F&S threads and all in all it just really doesn't seem to be as much fun in here anymore. Thats just my perception of it.

I have to agree with hikix.

Hello to all my old bts buddies.

mojo

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hey Monkey boy.. Miss ya loads, but thats what email is for..lol.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join