It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when BTS was fun?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm sure that there are people who have been here long enough to remember when BTS used to be fun. I am looking at the recent posts page and about 8 of the top 12 threads have to do with Jesus or the Bible.

I don't know exactly the date the Bible Thumpers decided to infiltrate BTS and confess their love for jesus, but it must've happened a while ago because I haven't been able to joke around on this site for a long time.

It seems now that alternative thinking and just plain 'having fun' has been replaced by the conformity of religion and the inevitability of offending someone.

So theres my rant for the 10 people who still visit BTS.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
BTS just hasn't been the same since they felt the need to erase the answer a question with a question thread

why in the hell was that even deleted? doesn't make sense to me

they let the thread get to like 300 pages before they finally enforced the rule...shoulda just left it if you ask me, it wasn't hurting anything and it was entertaining

i too have noticed the increased amount of threads in the faith and spirituality forum..i don't like it very much

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't understand why why you guys look at the faith based threads if you don't like them. It's your choice, stay out of there if you find them upsetting. Personally, I don't care for all the arguing that happens in those types of threads, so I stay clear of them...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i do stear clear of them, for the most part

me and hikix have just noticed an increased amount of faith and spirituality threads in the past few months

i don't remember nearly as much faith and spirituality topics on the 'recent posts' pages around the same time last year

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If members are not authoring threads on subject matter that interests you, take charge and author a few. I agree that we have seen an inordinate amount of discussion surrounding theology, religion, etc., on BTS as of late. But it is a legitimate subject matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
well heck everyone, make BTS fun again yourselves. Be creative be original and make it fun.

I tried one thing to make it fun. It went for a while but I guess it died out.

yes the answer a question with a question game was cool and I do miss it. Also kill the post above yours thread was totally awesome. But it is what you make of it.

I don't particularly care for the dogmatic garbage that gets spewed up on BTS lately so I don't post in them. So if you got something fun to do start a thread about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think the last few BTS threads i made FOR FUN were taken waaaaayyy too seriously, and people started fighting, members got banned, i made some enemies etc etc.

Alot of the members here are cool and fun, and we do have fun with our BTS threads. BUT, the few who take themselves too seriously kindof ruined it for us. Basically, I don't want to start a new thread because of those people.... and by the looks of the recent posts page, I am not alone.

Anyway, so I would like to talk to you guys about Jesus for a second..... /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I agree.

The only good threads in BTS anymore are the ones in the Rant forum complaining about the site.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

not true,

As the BTS Turns, (An ATS Soap Opera)

This is fun

It can be a fun board if you want it to be, just don't get caught up in the stuff you don't want to post in.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
chissler Killed BTS,

ok maybe not lol

there are some Fun topics in BTS
just not as pointless as my fellow member above me posted

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Isnt it interesting where that link went? Right to someone replying to me wondering why I was painting him to be a bad guy.

Hmm interesting indeed

and it's been exactly how long sense your "don't post in this thread" thread was closed? Man seriously, :shk: it's ok buddy, plenty of my threads get shut down. Usually because they are full of poo.
don't hear me whining about them.

psst guess what thread is still open (even though its lost in the rant void)

I wondered if linking in a smiley would work...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
One observation i have made is that we used to have members with a marvelous sense of humour, witty and funny!
They'd have a come back for everything and they were fun!
Try saying something funny now, and you get accused of providing comedic releif, mindless and crazy, uneducated and unable to have an "Intelligent" conversation (while they clench their teeth, of course)...I get visions of "Stewey" from "family Guy" with 90% of posters here....
-poor example, i love Stewey- but you get the picture.
We have too many pompous assess ready to do battle even here on BTS- the fun place.
I wish some of you would lighten up, unclench your jaw, relax, and let your true self be known.
There IS one thing about me that's consistent thru all these years, and that is WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. This IS the real me.
I joke all the time, even when i'm upset, mad and aggravated. Its my personality, and hence i have been providing some form of daily comedy for four years AND PROUD OF IT.

So to those who insult my character (and they're out there), i flip you mr. Bird.

Thankyouverymuch. Elvis has left the building.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Hey What, I have'nt forgotten about the BTS Soap!
I'll post on it as soon as I can!
The bar will be done pretty soon!
I really hope other people join in on it too!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I remember your posts on my 'what percentage of the population is attractive?' thread. And you took it in good humor and had fun with it. Unfortunetly, you were only one of the few who didn't take it seriously. But, nevertheless, I know that you are one of the members who like to have fun on BTS.

Everyone who posted on this thread are all members that I know use BTS as an outlet to have fun and just talk about whats on their minds. ATS is where we go for serious discussions. Anyway, i love you guys... and lets get BTS back to where it was!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Considering it IS easter Weekend and all...

Can you at least accept that there may be more Religious themed threads around the Religiuos holidays...

I don't think it is a big deal...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Ok i will accept that..... I am not knocking the fact that many people who visit the site happen to be religious..... but, I was under the impression that BTS was fun and humorous. The motto is 'deny boredom'.

Religion is far from being fun and humorous. It is, in fact, the number one reason for the killing of mass amounts of people in the history of mankind... but thats for another thread.

So, happy Easter for the Catholics, and happy Purim for the lonely Jews on the site.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Was there a BTS about two and a half years ago? Because for some reason I remember there being a lot more literature threads... Ah the good old days; well, not really, since I don't use that account anymore...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think we all miss the game threads guys..
Lots of people would log in from work at lunch time just to relieve the stress of the day.
What are ya gonna do?
We just need to find another way to have fun here.
I hear ya though Hikix..

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Well, being that today is Easter, I suppose it's the one day out of the year we're safe from this monster:

Have fun, while it lasts....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join