It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi King Rejects Cheney's Belligerency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Saudi King Rejects Cheney's Belligerency

www.presstv.ir

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah in a meeting with visiting US Vice President Dick Cheney has rejected any US military strike against Iran.

King Abdullah Expressed his opposition to any US military strike against Iran, Saudi official sources said.

Cheney who arrived in Saudi Arabia on Friday discussed Iran's nuclear program and its increasing influence in the Middle East with senior Saudi officials, DPA reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
LOL! As much as I can't stand the Saudi's for their endless profiteering and harboring / condoning terrorism, I got a chuckle out of this. Anybody standing up to Dictator Insaney and the Decider and their war-mongering gets a thumbs up from me on that aspect...

The king also told Cheney that the Middle East should be free of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction, the sources added.

The Saudis say any nuclear non-proliferation efforts should include Israel, which is widely believed to be the only nuclear power in the Middle East with around 200 nuclear warheads.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
As much as I would like to believe this, I think the Iranians know better. The Arabs are just saying that to avoid any collateral strikes by Iran when the US and/or Israelis begin their incursions.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Cheney says : So, lets get support from you
Arabs : AHaha this guy is crazy
Chney : What did you say.....HUH?
Arabs : Moron moron moron
Chney : lol do wha? Ok lets just forget it well find someone else to support us and attack Iran reguardless...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Nicely put jack. Since when does the US care what anybody says anyway.

I don't think Dick gives a rats what anybody says.

All I could think after reading the article was: "What in the hell is the matter with these people?" "Are they insane?"

This must be the here we go again tour by Cheny. Dub sends him over to remind everyone how much richer they are going to be.

Nuts.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I agree with Jack. Whatever Saudi Arabia says publicly, or any nation for that matter, is not necessarily what they are saying privately.

Saudi Arabia has a less than friendly history with Iran, and that's not even mentioning the general contempt held between most Arabs and Persians.

The irony here is that while Saudi Arabia is calling for a nuclear-free Middle East, they have always been in the market for nuclear technology. And when it was revealed that Iran was working to develop nuclear weapons, it was said that the Saudis sought a defense agreement with Pakistan in the event of nuclear war.

The last thing the Saudis want to be seen doing is siding with the "Great Satan" in a preemptive attack against a fellow Islamic nation. There is too much dissent at home, and the monarchy's hold on power is too loose for them to make such a risky foreign policy move. But I'm sure that they are privately more open to military action against Iran.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
But don't forget if they attack Iran the oil has to come from somewhere. Chaves, Iran, Russia would say your on your own. I think the oil would stop and the military would stop. I think the world is getting tired of wars the world has a economy to worry about at the moment.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If the mid-east cut us off like that we would then really go take Chavez and his oil

He deserves it for talking to much smack.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

But don't forget if they attack Iran the oil has to come from somewhere. Chaves, Iran, Russia would say your on your own. I think the oil would stop and the military would stop.

That's not quite correct. We have secured Iraq to ensure that our military remains operable. That is the real reason behind the invasion, and why victory has not yet been achieved. The agitators play right into the hands of the agenda. While there is fighting, the Iraqi oil stays in the ground. When the fight goes global, the US is sitting pretty on the world's biggest gas can.

The world let us take our half, but there will be a fight over the other half of the gas can that is in Iran.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

If im not mistaken the oil companies are there right now trying to come up with adeal to repair pipe lines and build and repair oil wells now. They haven't accually repaired enough to feed the hungry US. and shipping it out of there would be a little difficult with Iran dropping mines in the water. And im sure Iran would bomb the hell out of Iraq saying they are bombing US forces not Iraqis. So depending on that oil would be a mistake oil supply would need to be outside the warzone to be dependable.

www.blacklistednews.com...

Shell is one of several inter­national oil companies – including BP and the US groups ExxonMobil and Chevron – that have been tapping into Iraq’s oil industry by remote control.

But now, five years after the invasion, the oil groups are hoping to take their involvement in the country to a new level. Baghdad, desperate to increase oil production yet starved of investment, is starting to dangle what the companies have been after all along: a chance to develop and later explore what may be the world’s most promising untapped oil reserves. Indeed, as the companies gear up for technical support agreements, they are also registering to pre-qualify for the first bidding round of oil development contracts that are to be offered by Baghdad.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

lol and there i thought it was just to Increase Out put of oil to the US

Wounder what toys were offerd

anyone recall Desert shield where saudi could buy almost any toy they wanted and go straight to the supplier past the pentigon?
if that isnt still going on wounder if that was on the plate?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

If im not mistaken the oil companies are there right now trying to come up with adeal to repair pipe lines and build and repair oil wells now. They haven't accually repaired enough to feed the hungry US.

They don't want them repaired yet. All in good time and on schedule.

...and shipping it out of there would be a little difficult with Iran dropping mines in the water.

Don't need to ship in anywhere. Baghdad will be the eastern capitol of the American Empire. The forces we have there now are just place-markers. That's why they were hesitant to send in more troops for so long.

And im sure Iran would bomb the hell out of Iraq saying they are bombing US forces not Iraqis.

To some extent, but their allies won't stand for Iran doing too much damage to their prize. Keep in mind, that it will be their objective to take back Iraq from the US with as little damage as possible. Especially to the oil.

So depending on that oil would be a mistake oil supply would need to be outside the warzone to be dependable.

The Mideast is not the only place with oil. North America has quite a bit of its own. Then there is Venezuala. It seems pretty obvious that the incursion by Columbia was a covert US operation to test the waters for an outright war down there.

Awfully coincidental that such an event takes place in South America, just as the violence in Iraq seems to be ebbing and the pipelines are finally getting the work done to re-open.

EDIT to add: You see? Your article shows they're getting ready to bring the massive fuel depot on-line now. Give it a year, maybe two before we have a nuclear war with Iran. That will give them just enough time to actually develop their nuke. When they deploy it, the US will say, "See we told you so. We've been right all along. Now you have your smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud."

[edit on 3/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

[edit on 3/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So?

Well, at least Israeli nuclear program was brought up and is on the table.

Actually, I had thought this thread would be about a faux pas Cheney may have committed, somehow becoming personally belligerent and insulting the Saudis, like saying, "Oh, go Falcon yourself!"

edit to add I thought that this trip was about convincing the Saudis to open the oil tap more.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by desert]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

The king also told Cheney that the Middle East should be free of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction, the sources added.

Here Here, well said Saud.
But wait...what's that floating off your Barbary Coasts?

US 'deploys nuclear sub to Persian Gulf'
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:46:06

An American nuclear submarine has crossed the Suez Canal to join the US fleet stationed in the Persian Gulf, Egyptian sources say.
www.presstv.com...

join