It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality...What's wrong with it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

...errr... How exactly is that physically possible??

You see, when a woman and a woman love each other and decide to have a baby, they speak to a magical fertility doctor. This magical man or woman helps the couple to have a child, sometimes using donated sperm.

There is also the old fashioned way, but I hope I don't have to explain that to you.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
don't they HAVE to use donated sperm though?

And old fashion way? look, last I took a biology course, only men and women can have children together. The gays have to adopt or use donated stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

The gays have to adopt or use donated stuff.

Yes, but our knowledge & technology advances allows them to do that. Just as many vegans or vegetarians could not exist in our recent past, because there was not that type of food available to have enough variety year round in most climates. Now that we have enough technolgy to grow or ship anything anywhere year round that choice exists if one is willing to make the effort.

Our world is changing and we're changing with it like it or not.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It's wrong because it's UNATURAL. See my other thread.

It's also against your God.

Self explanatory methinks. :w:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well cybersex is probably unnatural too, but someday it will be as real as a live person when the technology is advanced enough that your senses can't tell the difference. If we can do it, it will happen. Someday your cybersex suit might even synthesize your DNA on the other end & procreation will happen from a distance.... Someone might even claim that they were made in your image.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

dredging this up from the 1st reply,but it's bang on. There's no need to declair anything,straight people don't. The only time you need to know someones sexuality,is if you want to have sex with them. And I do a simular thing to you Scientist,people who ask me if I'm gay get the "why,fancy a shag?" reply. Cos if they're not interested in my pants,why are they asking?!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
It's wrong because it's UNATURAL. See my other thread.

It's also against your God.

Nothing unnatural about it. It happens in nature all the time.

And it's not against MY God. But, since people tend to hide their personal feelings behind the veil of their personal deity in an attempt to avoid being held responsible for their own thoughts or actions.

The ever lasting failsafe, and classic logical fallacy,

Begging the question
www.nizkor.org...

Begging the Question is a fallacy in which the premises include the claim that the conclusion is true or (directly or indirectly) assume that the conclusion is true. This sort of "reasoning" typically has the following form.

1. Premises in which the truth of the conclusion is claimed or the truth of the conclusion is assumed (either directly or indirectly).
2. Claim C (the conclusion) is true.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because simply assuming that the conclusion is true (directly or indirectly) in the premises does not constitute evidence for that conclusion. Obviously, simply assuming a claim is true does not serve as evidence for that claim. This is especially clear in particularly blatant cases: "X is true. The evidence for this claim is that X is true."

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

And it's not against MY God.

I don't know of any god that approves of homosexuality. Unless your God is Zeus?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I don't know why I'm bothering, but here goes.

As I keep saying in many threads over and over, there is a different God for everyone. That God has the qualities that the individual believer wants, but either can't achieve on their own, or needs them to have to justify their own behavior.

My God has no issues with homosexuals, people with dark skin, or Oompa-Loompas. Your's wants to burn homosexuals, keep races apart and punished single mothers.

There are about 6 billion different Gods, and none of them are identical.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hmm, well according to this new modernized, politically correct, infectious universal consciousness that seems to have spread like an uncontrollable wildfire throughout society (and is the literal plague of the 21st century imo), there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Yes, but our knowledge & technology advances allows them to do that. Just as many vegans or vegetarians could not exist in our recent past, because there was not that type of food available to have enough variety year round in most climates. Now that we have enough technolgy to grow or ship anything anywhere year round that choice exists if one is willing to make the effort.

Our world is changing and we're changing with it like it or not.

I don't like this. it makes it so that humanity is a puppet to technology rather then the proper other way around.

And indeed this new tech will help them. But so what? It doesn't change how most of the world thinks. You may think the world is changing, but many don't follow along the change if they think it's bad.

I have no problem with gays. Go ahead and live your life your way. I don't care becasue I'm not you. I just don't like it being shoved in my face as right.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I have no problem with gays. Go ahead and live your life your way. I don't care becasue I'm not you. I just don't like it being shoved in my face as right.

And what about all of the heterosexual 'face shoving'? I can watch Spike TV and be bombarded by the "men must love women" crap, and the "ultimate fighting" ideals that convince my children that it's ok to get into violent fist fights.

Show me where there is comparable homosexual 'face shoving'.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
shoved in your face? *must resist opertunity to make an inuendo*

Basicly,us homos are fine as long as you don't have to look at us. No tv programs with gay people in,or heaven forbid,with the main charactures being "friends of Dorothy" (I'm presuming this is what is ment by the whole "shoved in your face" thing,If I'm wrong,please correct me)

TV is only trying to portray a correct view on society as it actually is. With different cultures and sexualities all together. Getting along too,for the main part. I just hope that the longer there are gay people being shown to be normal,like in the Dr Who spinoff. That people will begin to realise that gay people aren't all about drapes and soft pastel cushion covers. But instead we're just normal people,doing normal jobs. I think that can only be a good thing. Then,prehaps we can all get over it,and stop focusing on what makes us different,and instead move on to why we're all the same and why we can all get along and help one another.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
First you'd have to define what "wrong" means.

I think something is wrong when you hurt someone either 1. intentionally, 2. by carelessness, or 3. by inaction.

Now, take for example two consenting adults doing things to each other. They could be spanking each other with whips for all I care... it's their bodies and they can do what they want with them.

In my opinion homosexuality is only wrong when it's forced on someone. ie. prison rape.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
That people will begin to realise that gay people aren't all about drapes and soft pastel cushion covers.

FYI,

Having drapes and soft pastel cushions does not necessarily make you gay, just very fashion conscious.

I still find it more offensive to have guys bashing each other's faces to a bloody pulp shoved in my face above all else.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

And what about all of the heterosexual 'face shoving'? I can watch Spike TV and be bombarded by the "men must love women" crap, and the "ultimate fighting" ideals that convince my children that it's ok to get into violent fist fights.

Show me where there is comparable homosexual 'face shoving'.

Oh i agree. i don't like the sexual perverting of tv and the likes.

Well, i am for teaching kids how to fight. Aggressive kids are good kids who will knock a kidnappers balls off and defend themselves.

And it is good to teach men and women are good together. This being the best way to show how to continually grow this nation, rather then relying on poor immigrants to reproduce for workers.

The way I see it, it should be taught that having kids and good careers are the goals of life. And for those who just don't like the opposite sex, then so be it,be who you are. But it should be shown that it is better to be heterosexual and have kids and work hard for yourself and be financially independent.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As I posted in the thread on ATS under "Other Current Events " board, I seldom bother to post on threads like this. They do however tend to crop up from time to time. They also tend to engage in some impassioned responses.

I dont bother with people as far as deciding they are peculiar in the manner in which they decorate because of what colour they use. That is a individual consideration and as they are spending thier own moneys ..I figure it is none of my buisness. Decorate how they want.
For myself my decorating skills are dismal at best. For these skills I enlist the minds of various women in which I come into contact. They are much more and naturally skilled in this arena than am I. I dont worry or care what others think as I am the one spending "my moneys."
To me for someone to concern themselves about how someone spends thier moneys earned ...is pretty shallow...desperate too. I am with Rasabosi 420 on this.

You know...I have been riding a moped to and from work for over 20 years. People used to laugh at me ...I laughed too..even back then ...all the way to the bank. And I also own two cars and a truck. I dont spend alot of time wondering or worrying about what people think. I have opinions and I am pretty secure about them.

I do have a problem with the homosexual community and thier motives. Also with the body politic and thier motives on this issue.
First off let me try to put up the link to the to the post I made on the Other Current Events board on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The motives of the body politic on this issue are totally phoney and disingenious. They are only intrested in the votes it will get them, particularly in high electorial vote states. Ironically very few of the impassioned on these posts are wont to bring this up. Politics is legitimized whoredom. They dont care about any issue except in the view of how many votes to stay in power or office the issues will get them.
In like view to Politics...the media is nothing more than a shill for the body politic and will whore out the public and sell thier souls for votes for this same body politic. You folks out there should know already know this.
I am as dubious of the body politic and media ...in like manner that I am to television programming and advertisments. THis has to me become so blatent of the last 10 years or so that It is difficult to hide now days.
If you folks reading think I am kiddiing about this....remember that public education is paid for by the Government/Politicians. They are teaching this topic in public schools and dont ever allow the view I mention here about the strangeness of people defining themselves by thier sexual orientation...hetero or homo. They are grooming the next group of controllable, malliable, predictable, gauranteed voters in public schools.
This is one avenue of how the entire soul of a nation is stolen from the public. Ignorance. They are teaching ignorance...not choice.
Dont ever try to tell me about being tolerant.
Politicians and politically financed public education is anything but tolerant.

It is the same in my mind and vote grabbing issues with the body politic..concerning abortion and also race issues. These are all placebos in order to galvanize an overly emotional and gullible public ...to votes on election days. To gaurantee a predictable, malliable, controllable public electorate.
All three of these issues requires constant bombardment of an easily controllable public capable of being put on the string emotionally. They steal your soul by grabbing you emotionally. This is obvious by many of the posts on threads on this topic. It is mostly emotions.

By the way...I also agree with Rasabosi420 again in that I dont enjoy watching males bash each other around on the Spike channel..nor sports in general. I so seldome watch sports for this reason..that I am not intrested in this unless it is a fishing program. I am also insulted by the commercial appeal used in sponsoring much of sports programming. I just dont find this agreeable. I also dont care to watch a bunch of guys beating each other up on a field or ring. etc etc.
Dont musunderstand me here..I am not against competition. Not at all.
Also not against sports ..not at all. I just dont like the "Religion " that sports has become in many countrys. Complete with devout and faithful adherants to this religion.
Sports definitely does in fact teach a certain kind of dicipline which to the thoughtful and considerate can translate and be used and applied to other facets of our daily lives...no doubt about this. Sports is just not my religion. I have much better things to do with my life and moneys. Also better things to do with my remote controllers.

Before I close let me conclude by saying that I find it very disturbing that we as a people often want to glorify our "human " traits. I find this not an agreeable philosophy. I say this because in "Human" terms the very best that humans seem to be able to do..especially educated humans...is to glorify themselves by means of their sexuality. I find this very disturbing both in hetero as well as homo relationships.

The height of what and who I am in this world or any other is not defined by my sexaulity....ever!!
As I stated in the link...proper people and humans do not define who or what they are by thier sexual orientation.
This is also why I find much of movies and sports ie..television insulting. Even the advertisements which try to sell me merchandize based on this type of unsconcious seduction....based on sexuality and sexual orientation.
Most of the posts on this topic are not wont to take this view into consideration and avoid it almost entirely. I am wont to bring it up for consideration.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Do homosexuals get handicap parking, or a check in the mail every month for disability? no.

But it would be sweet!

I never understood it. I leave people alone, that's all I ask in return. I don't care what you do with your life as long no one gets hurt, and I do nothing to hurt anyone.

As far as the Bible stuff, well, that's no one else's business either. Any Christian that wants to start thumping in my direction needs to remember that whatever sins I may be creating are between only myself and one other entity, and that entity is not a preacher waving a book of paper at me.

Just my $.02

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

The height of what and who I am in this world or any other is not defined by my sexaulity....ever!!

In personal life I would say no.

BUT

The whole point of life, however pathetic it may sound, is to reproduce. Life is a virus that just keeps growing. If it wasn't the high point of life to make more of yourself, then why be born with sexual glands?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The whole point of life, however pathetic it may sound, is to reproduce. Life is a virus that just keeps growing. If it wasn't the high point of life to make more of yourself, then why be born with sexual glands?

I disagree with your first point. Although it's a part of the process, it isn't the sole part of the process. You could just as easily say that the point of life is to consume, or to be consumed. Or you could say the whole point of life is to die.

It's a byproduct of life, but not the reason for life is all I'm saying. Life itself is the point.

And the sexual glands part....
I'm sure there was once a reason for the appendix, but we outgrew that didn't we?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join