It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturday Night Live's List of Banned Celebrities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I thought this article was interesting. It compiles a list of all banned celebrities from the Saturday Night Live set. Some were shocking, others were expected, and others I still have no idea who they were. But anyhoo, here goes.

List of Banned Celebrities from Saturday Night Live

(In the article you can read up on each one and find out why they were banned.)

• Louise Lasser
  • Charles Grodin
  • the Sex Pistols
  • Elvis Costello
  • Frank Zappa
  • Milton Berle
  • Fear
  • Robert Blake
  • Andy Kaufman
  • The Replacements
  • Steven Seagal
  • Sinéad O'Connor
  • Cypress Hill
  • Chevy Chase
  • Adrien Brody

As I said, a few of these were a shock. Chevy Chase was probably the biggest shock, as he was one of the original cast members. But hearing why he was banned, I'm probably more disgusted with him than any of the rest. Then there is Sinéad O'Connor. She's banned, really? Never saw that one coming. (sarcasm)

And if I didn't despise Steven Seagal enough as it is, I read that he is banned from the set of Saturday Night Live. Unbelievable.

Thought some of our members might find this one interesting.

• posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
    link   
    * Steven Seagal , who hosted on April 20, 1991, was also banned from hosting because of his difficulty in working with the cast and crew.

lmao steven must be a bit of an ass

he kinda looks like the type..

mod edit: removed explicit

[edit on 22-3-2008 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:02 PM
    link   
    As a fan of the show, from day one.
    I think I've seen all of these episodes. (damn I'm old)

It mentions that Lorne Michaels was notorious for his dislike of ad-libs, etc..
    I can totally understand this. It was, and still is a live show. It could be pretty dangerous to allow a loss of control. It had to be done.

Does anyone remember the muppets having a weekly skit? This was season one only..And these weren't your run-of -the-mill muppets.
    Check them out!
    muppet.wikia.com...

[edit on 22-3-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:16 PM
    link   
    I've been a fan of the show for as long as I can remember.

The early 90's was when I was really first introduced and I've watched any time that I can. The Sandler, Farley, Norm MacDonald, etc., years were some of the best. As they faded out I wasn't sure how it would fair, but it was quite possibly even better with Will Ferrell et all. Then as that crew slowly faded out, I really began to question the show.

A couple years ago the show was a little weak, but improving. Last year was really good on the shoulders of a few specific shows.

This year has been hit or miss, but it has had some really good skits.

Christopher Walken is hosting next week I believe which has the potential for an amazing show.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:13 PM
    link   

Originally posted by chissler

Christopher Walken is hosting next week I believe which has the potential for an amazing show.

Indeed!!!

Perhaps another uncomfortable visit to "The Continental"?

Or a trip back in time to see the Confederate legend "Colonel Angus"?

Musn't miss this one.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:05 PM
    link   

Originally posted by chissler

I agree, he's my favorite host of all time. I've never seen him do a skit that wasn't funny.

I gotta have more cowbell!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
    link   
    Walken so obviously reads the cards, that's my only problem with him.

What's up with Adrien Brody banned?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
    link   
    The link provided explains each one, but I believe he ad libbed a few extra lines in one of his scenes.. which didn't sit well with Lorne. With everything that has happened in the past, he won't tolerate anything unscripted.

top topics

join