It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anniversary of Eisenhower Mystery Disappearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Fifty years ago, on February 20, 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower was mysteriously missing for a day during a golf vacation in Palm Springs, California. The legend is that he made a secret trip to a nearby Air Force base to meet two extraterrestrials. At first he was declared dead, then it was announced that he went to the dentist. But since he left at night, without telling anyone where he was going, people have always been suspicious.

The trip was billed as a vacation, although it came up very suddenly. The president had taken a vacation in Georgia less than a week before. A motorcade was observed entering Muroc Air Force Base (now Edwards) on the night of the president's disappearance. The base was also the scene of many extraordinary UFO sightings, but none were reported on the night in question.

In the Washington Post, Peter Carlson writes that one of the biggest mysteries about that day is that Ike was reported as being dead. The Associated Press ran a story saying, "Pres. Eisenhower died tonight of a heart attack in Palm Springs." Two minutes later, they retracted the story and said he went to the dentist. It's unlikely that someone would confuse these two events.

What does a dentist have to say? James Mixson wrote and article for the November 1995 issue of the Bulletin of the History of Dentistry titled "A History of Dwight D. Eisenhower's Oral Health." He says Ike�s dental records show that on the night of February 20, 1954, Ike chipped the porcelain cap of his "upper left central incisor" and it was repaired by Dr. Francis A. Purcell, who died in 1974. "The lack of a dental record from Purcell's office," Mixson says, "has helped fuel belief in this UFO encounter." But "the President had well-documented difficulties with this crown."

MORE: www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
what do u think happined???

i think that the AMERICAN government is PRACTICALLY run by "ALIENS"

Thats just ma opinion...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The news wire service running a story about his death by heart attack is the interesting part. It's a very strange joke that would seem to have ruinous potential for whoever started it. What was the origin and motivation for such a prank? Was the origin of the rumor determined, and were the person or persons who started it forced to explain themselves?

One could speculate that it was an inside joke for the intel management crowd. The implication would appear to be that President Eisenhower witnessed something extraordinarily shocking on that day. If so this is another indication of the hand-in-glove relationship between our intelligence services and the so-called free press.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Does anyone for sure know if this kind of thing still goes on. How many times are we hearing about the President but other high level people's whereabouts are not known?

I always wondered if there was an underground part of the white house (besides the basement of course) and whether there are tunnels in DC that connect several of the main buildings?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
They had an article about this in the Washington Post a few days back. I forgot the guys name, but he was discussing the evidence behind the allegations, and he even published a book on the subject matter.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
I always wondered if there was an underground part of the white house (besides the basement of course) and whether there are tunnels in DC that connect several of the main buildings?

I wouldnt be surprised if there was an underground network of Tunnels that connected all major military bases and government buildings.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is fine but does anyone know for sure? I know that in Ottawa, Canada's capital there are tunnels between several of major buildings. It is not a big secret really.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What if, instead of a huge conspiracy about aliens and what not, he just went for a walk? Or he was hungry and decided to go get a bite to eat? He could have done ANYTHING if no one knows where he was.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
What if, instead of a huge conspiracy about aliens and what not, he just went for a walk? Or he was hungry and decided to go get a bite to eat? He could have done ANYTHING if no one knows where he was.

True. Thats a good point.
But this is ATS so at least consider the possibility.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio

The leaders are always accounted for even when taking time off or on vacation or on leasure. I don't see how this explains anything, this idea that they run off for a day with nobody knowing where.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It all has to do with location and timing....and the fact that the president ALWAYS has his location accounted for, no matter what!

I wouldnt be surprised if there was an underground network of Tunnels that connected all major military bases and government buildings.

Not major bases, just those involved with ultra top secret projects, or the responsibiliy of continuance of government.....

and it was repaired by Dr. Francis A. Purcell, who died in 1974. "The lack of a dental record from Purcell's office," Mixson says, "has helped fuel belief in this UFO encounter." But "the President had well-documented difficulties with this crown."

I smell bull#....records of the president's health just don't go missing.... They were either stolen, or never existed in the first place....i.e. he wasn't there....

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Where is accountability?

According to a report on the net and the writings by Col Phillip Corso, �a highly decorated officer that served in Eisenhower�s National Security Council alluded to a treaty signed by the Eisenhower administration with extraterrestrials in his memoirs. He wrote: �We had negotiated a kind of surrender with them [extraterrestrials] as long as we couldn�t fight them. They dictated the terms because they knew what we most feared was disclosure.�

Myself as a human feel all warm and fuzzy now, knowing a governmental head signed a surrender on behalf of all humans on earth.

In doing some research of ancient writings it is apparent that the warring ET�s, in particular the LOSERS were forced to Earth, that would make earth the Prison Planet Earth and those that Eisenhower signed a surrender with were the LOSERS. I feel even more warm and fuzzy now, knowing that the human races best interest rests with heads of governments and these so called clandestine groups.

50th Anniversary of Eisenhower Disappearance

new topics

top topics

join