It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus - the stone the builders rejected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Jesus said that he is the stone that the builders rejected. Guess what?

When the builders rejected Jesus, they threw that stone in front of us and it now becomes our stumbling block to join the builders of the true temple.

Jesus testimony was true, but it is our beliefs about him that have become our cross and burden. He became both the stone the builders rejected and our stumbling block at the same time.

For if a man relies on Jesus to save them, they are placing a block in front of the true God.

Jesus was the son that was begotten and discarded, and he has set himself up to be a block for anyone else wishing to reach God. No true Father would ask us to make a choice between dying by natural causes or by our own hand, and that is the choices Jesus talked of spoken in the message of him self and Judas. Its also the message of the crucifixtion that no matter if you work to support your body by your hands or by walking in faith of his death to save you, your body will get tired and die.

He set himself up to divide us so he could sit as King as the true son, when in fact it is denying everyone else in God's house kingship.

He's the one God sacrificed, and if you believe in him, you are denying the one who sent him.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So, what are you trying to say?
That we are the temple that should be built and Jesus is diverting us from building ourselves into our own God?
Your thesis seems a little contradictory, to me.
Is god really our enemy, who we have to fight against, in order to gain our own potentials?
Just asking.
Maybe I missunderstand you.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
So, what are you trying to say?
That we are the temple that should be built and Jesus is diverting us from building ourselves into our own God?
Your thesis seems a little contradictory, to me.
Is god really our enemy, who we have to fight against, in order to gain our own potentials?
Just asking.
Maybe I missunderstand you.

No, you understood me correctly, and yes it does sound contradictory to Christianity. But isn't that the true message of what Jesus said, that he would be a stumbling block?

God is not our enemy per se', but we are making him out to be one in that we are agreeing that he would actually kill his son or sacrifice anything so that we can be saved.

Place yourself in God's shoes for a moment if you will. If you had to choose between two of your children, both sons - which one would you allow to die?

I could not make that decision because I would love them both equally. It is an incomprehensible argument. So when Jesus is presented as our brother who died for us, then he becomes the stumbling block to God that God would destroy one of his own. We are making God out to be a judge between us and Jesus, which he should not do.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thank you, for your insight and openness! From what I can tell we think much along the same lines.

I personally believe that Jesus took on the role of coming down to earth himself and that he was challenged by the devil to do so (or it was a divinely orchestrated plan that all the Gods agreed to). I am of the thinking that it was never Jah's idea to send his son down - knowing that he would be sacrificed. What parent would? "He gave his only begotten son..." shows emotion through acceptance.

It is certainly possible that Jesus volunteered to be the Messiah long before it was prophesied, and I also think that it was part of a much bigger plan that encompassed a much broader scope than religion or what religion teaches.

The problem with Christianity is that they place so much attention on Jesus and not on his father. He even spoke about doing the "will of my father" and did not take the credit. But through the last 1700 years it has been diluted where man worships the son and not the father, and worse yet...the Cross!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Exactly. Even in the Old Testament there is the story of Isaac the father, his two sons Jacob and Esau, and the birthright. Esau was the oldest and had the birthright, yet he became hungry and his brother Jacob saw this and bought the birthright out from under him so Isaac, the father who was blind and could not judge would not have to choose.

Do you see the similarities here and to the Jesus story (parody)??

Jesus was Esau and we are Jacob. We now see clearly that by worshipping the older brother, we are denying what we could have had. We are hungry for his bread and life as the first son, and he placed himself in our path to the father by selling us a small meal of milk and a little bread.

Isn't this so obvious, now?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

I believe that there are so many "clues" in the Bible if one is willing to see them. But first we have to get beyond the dogma, right?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I think there is a problem that is pervasive in our pop culture.
Do you remember the John 3:16 guy? the one who would try to get his sign on tv, at NFL games.
Wasn't there something very odd about the guy, that came out, later?
Just asking. Is it part of a hidden deception being played against us?
I think there is a big missunderstanding going on about the whole father and Son thing.
It sounds so nice, "God so loved the world...."
Why do we need to hear that? If that was not in the Bible, would we think that God did not love us?

Can we write a gospel that says it in a different maner? One that would fit the theology of Paul, the man who created christianity.

"God took a special interest in the goings on of the part of earth where He wanted history to be played out, in such a way as to be of the best advantage to human kind.
"God went so far as to come to earth, in sprit form, to interact, directly with the key players of this drama.
"God saw to it that a single human, bred from distant past to take the office of King, would be protected and properly schooled in a manner neccissary to mature into a charector needed to hold this office.
"God, at the proper time, set events to transpire for this man to lay claim to the kingdom.
"This son of man moved this plan forward, fully knowing the fact that he would most likely die as a result of his atempt to carry it out.
"Despite the fact that the nation showed how unworthy they were to have a godly king, God was so satisfied that a man, who was actually worthy to be king, had arisen from the sons of men, that He dicided not to instantly destroy the whole earth."

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

and your exactly right. I know John 3:16 very well, but who exactly beside John said that God only has one son? Does God even desire just one son?

I would like to think that God has a huge family and we are all in it, not just Jesus. Maybe people are deceiving themselves in thinking Jesus is the only son.

It's like having siblings fighting over who is the favorite here.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Along these same thoughts, Jesus preached that whoever took the highest seat at the table will be the lowest person in the seating arrangement at the wedding supper of the lamb.

Well, in this case, we are placing Jesus as the lowest person in heaven by treating him as a king.

In heaven there is no one higher than another, so why is Jesus the king and somehow as brothers we are to hail him?

It's not supposed to be that way. Jesus sets himself up so that everyone worships him instead of the father.

That's a classic example of trickery.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Jesus said that he is the stone that the builders rejected. Guess what?

When the builders rejected Jesus, they threw that stone in front of us and it now becomes our stumbling block to join the builders of the true temple.

Jesus testimony was true, but it is our beliefs about him that have become our cross and burden. He became both the stone the builders rejected and our stumbling block at the same time.

What scriptures are you using to support this?

For if a man relies on Jesus to save them, they are placing a block in front of the true God.

So you reject the new testament then? "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also." ( John 14:6-7) .

Jesus was the son that was begotten and discarded, and he has set himself up to be a block for anyone else wishing to reach God. No true Father would ask us to make a choice between dying by natural causes or by our own hand, and that is the choices Jesus talked of spoken in the message of him self and Judas. Its also the message of the crucifixtion that no matter if you work to support your body by your hands or by walking in faith of his death to save you, your body will get tired and die.

He set himself up to divide us so he could sit as King as the true son, when in fact it is denying everyone else in God's house kingship.

He's the one God sacrificed, and if you believe in him, you are denying the one who sent him.

Huh?? where do get your ideas from? Can you support it with scripture?
You are rejecting the New testament entirely with this reasoning.

The Actual Bible says he is a stumbling block to the Jews

1 Corinthians 1:22-24
22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Jesus never set himself up to be worshiped.
I have to dissagree with you on that.
People who do that are not basing it on a good biblical foundation.
It is just more human nature getting involved in creating a bad set of religious beliefs.
We have to be in a continual state of reformation.
Not against what God has given us, but against what we, as humans, have done with it.

new topics

top topics

join