It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troubled U.S. financial market raises worries of deeper recession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Troubled U.S. financial market raises worries of deeper recession

news.xinhuanet.com

WASHINGTON, March 22 (Xinhua) -- Troubled financial market raises worries of deeper recession in the United States as analysts say the recent measures taken by the Federal Reserve are unlikely to revive the economy any time soon.

Experts have expressed deep concern over the impacts of the financial crisis on the world's biggest economy and investors continue to ask whether they are in the midst of a bottoming process or whether the floor of the markets is about to collapse.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.iht.com
www.salon.com

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There is another article regarding the Federal Reserve taking steps to strengthen the dollar but I beleive whatever they are doig is just forstalling the collapse and misdirect the foolish while all in the know make their moves to higher ground.

Personally, I continue to buy Gold and stockpile...but I ain't saying what!

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
we have a giant mess on our hands, and it shall become global

no body really wanted to hear gloom and doom i.e future predictioins of pain and suffering

cause it would BURST Their Blissful ignorant bubbles.

As their bubbles are forceful burst from the falling economies, their minds will open and even perhaps recall the fraud that the federal reserve and other central banks are.

You would think that if these forces are really controlling events, and looking for a one world gov't , banks, and courts then they will forcibly eliminate the second amendment, and based on their play book it will be done during some kind of distracting tragedy or in some clever (if you are found owning a gun, we will turn off your chip, and you go hungry type of way.

right now the fat cats are taking care of their own and finalizing their plan b's (rural house stocked with food, ammo, etc) at the expense of the lower classes.

the capitalist system has never been able to sustain prosperity especially when backed by central banks, we have a hell of a ride ahead of us, my only hope is that THE FALL IS ORDERLY.

otherwise i think the once ignorant blissful american's may "wake up" to the sounds of a pop goes the economy and credit availability and be awfully upset and have this anger directed at the banking elite.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

Gold is dangerous. If you are stockpiling it at home you can bet the government knows that you are stockpiling it. If the government is capable morally of transfering the wealth of the middle class into the hands of the upper class in the form of a currency devaluation, then they are probably capable of stealing the gold that the middle class stock piles in their houses. This might be part of the reason why people have noticed white vans driving around neighbor hoods late at night.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
last time that happened gold was competing w/ gov't bonds when the stock market crashed

then gov't bonds did much better after gold was taken.

buy gold, let them try to take it again. I don't think it will happen

top topics

join