It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A real anti-christian conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

he was referring to how the poster seemingly agreed with jack chick's statement that atheists are satanists...

reply to post by Conspiriology

we weren't talking about the crimes of atheists or the crimes of christians, we were talking about actions that were motivated by the christian religion

...and i've never denied and have repeatedly stated that i agree when most (i say most because even we have our crazies) atheists say that the communist purges, the starving of ukraine, and whatnot were all atrocious crimes against humanity.

there's just no way that atheism was the cause of any of it. it was a barbaric political ideology in the same way that nazism was a barbaric political ideology.

reply to post by Conspiriology

hooray with twisting metaphors.

if you use the term "broken hearted" it doesn't mean that you're subscribing to a fractured view of the mind, you're just using a damn metaphor

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Interesting that you bring metaphors but isn't what religion is plague with? to avoid getting to the point or to divert attention from one issue to the other that benefit the speaker? Metaphors.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i want to be able to live in harmony with religious people instead of having to deal with those that make statements like the ones you'd find on "fundies say the darnedest things"

I too desire this and it is actually achieved in Singapore but here you have christians and other cultists running around pushing unhealthy views on darned near everything. In Spore I thought of religious peeps as being a little odd but here they are fundamentally warped and many are psychotic. As long as this is true and christians insist upon forcing their worldview as if it were the only view, as long as they strive to legislate bronze age values and morality then there will be no harmony and in fact christians here do not want such harmony and vigorously oppose it. For them it is "my way or the highway" and that is un-american, anti-humanistic and anti-social to the bone. Nobody was born christian, they chose it. So let them keep it to themselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
|---THE PERILS OF ASSUMPTION:: PART DEUX---|

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
he was referring to how the poster seemingly agreed with jack chick's statement that atheists are satanists...

Do you care to explain how not even responding to the crazy sap automatically means one is in agreement??

Actually --- No need to explain --- Such tactics are familiar and widespread on many-a-forum. When one cannot debate one's opponent while remaining on topic the incapable resort to pulled-out-of-the-behind accusations in an attempt to put their opponent on the defense. Their opponent is then left scrambling to defend themselves while the incapable troll is off the hook.

When people have holes in their head --- they can be seen right through and tactics so frequently applied are easily spotted.

To prevent confusion from being left in the wake of this comment --- This comment is not directed to the one quoted above who helped clarify the other author's intent but to the other member who started the process of thread disintegration.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy64
No one seems to be making excuses or approving of this behavior but agreeing that it is unsavory and minority. "Ordinary run-of-the-mill" is not an appropriate claim in this case. Let's be thankful for that.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Snoopy64

If it's in the minority, why is there so darn much of it? If it's an embarrassment, why is nobody popping them across the head and saying "Hey, dumbass, knock that stuff off!"

I stand by my description. The people who have had their nuttery recorded for posterity at the site I linked to are typical of sheeple. They aren't the minority of christians but rather they are the majority. So where do they get this stuff? Like all sheeple they never had an original idea of their own, so they get this stuff from those around them - from the pulpit and from their extended "family" of christians. That is why you rarely if ever hear other christians calling them down for making buffoons of themselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

ask yourself, why exactly do you care so much about christians and what they believe.

I care because THEY feel the need to press their belief more than any other religious group I have had experiences with.
Isn't that a "mission"???

The real question is: Why do they feel the need to try and "save" me every 10 minutes?

If I need a god, I will go out and buy one.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Except Ye Become As A Little Child

You can't be a Christian till you take Jesus into yourself.

Trouble is, He takes up a lot of room.

To be sure you have enough, please remove your brain.

Now your conscience, please.

And your sense of individuality.

Still a tight fit? I'm afraid your sexual organs will have to go too.

There. Don't you feel nice and saved now?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Funny thing the war between Christians and Athiests. . . and i have to deal with it every day. . . hmm i was born into a baptist family, for some reason went to a 7th day adventist church school and am now married to a full blooded christian. . . i turned to athiesm on account of everywhere i have been including my marriage, someone is always telling me i need to follow their ways and go to church and beg for forgiveness to be saved. . . hmmmm. . . well im no satanist, im athiest . . im not a follower. if you have to go to church and give away your money just come to my house and give it to me, i need money. im a leader i go where i wanna go and do whatever feels right to me. . being an athiest i dont have to say all other religions are wrong like my christian motherinlaw. according to her everyone who doesnt follow her religion is gonna go to hell basically. . im not gonna be a religious racist. I am my own Deity

Havok

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
oh and the reason i mention the 7th day adventist. . . i was taken out of the school by my dad because they went through my lunch and took all the meat out of it. now why are you gonna punish someone cause they actually like Beef. . . mmmm hamburger

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join