It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Warns China Olympics at Risk (Update: France Considering Boycott)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

While I disagree with NWO's post in it's intent, you don't need to be like that.

Really...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

Don't you think it would be better to take it up with someone who gives a damn, such as myself?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Originally posted by khunmoon
So let's discuss that. Will the games be reduced, canceled, moved or what?

If such something should happen, how will China react?

I don't foresee the Olympic games being moved or cancelled. Will they be "reduced" or boycotted by major players? It is quite possible. I personally would love to see the US and EU boycott the games this year, but we'll see what happens.

China will probably boycott US goods, although we buy more Chinese products than they buy US products.

It may hurt the Western economies. That may be too bad.

Maybe instead of relying on foreign goods for our basic needs, countries across the world should produce it for themselves.

I mean #, we buy food. FOOD from China. The food travels thousands of miles before it gets here. Talk about costly and unsustainable.

Sadly, anything to do with big money will never be swayed by human rights, environmental issues or anything other than more big monies.

So, in the end, China will have the Olympics, no one will boycott, Tibet will suffer further, human rights in china will continue to be abysmal, and the resulting status quo will be soon forgotten and ignored.

A government with a conscious MAY change that, but the two words are an oxymoron.

A government serves the people only to serve itself.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Only because the people who have the energy to do something about it are too busy using current events to their advantage.

*is offended, btw*

[Snip]

Mod Edit: Please see Terms And Conditions Of Use 1b.) Profanity - Thank you - Jak

[edit on 23/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber

Don't you think it would be better to take it up with someone who gives a damn, such as myself?

Uhh nope. Unless you are west coast in disguise, or were the perpetrator of his post, I don't see what this has to do with you in the least.

Or are you just picking fights randomly with people who oppose members of ATS who resort to personal attacks against not only other members, but Moderators of the forums?

Perplexing reply, to be honest.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Not at all, i'm attacking people who seem to be acting in collusion with one another for undefinable reasons, possibly because they have nothing better to do and get a kick out of it, i'm not sure.

Do you have a problem with that?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I put the guy in ignore for swearing at me, and I get a warning.

Cheers.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by bloodcircle]

[edit on 23/3/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Just so you know, i'm beyond the point of giving a [Snip] about getting banned, i'm interested in only one thing right now, and i'll be damned if i cave in to threats of account suspension.

Unlike some people who merely ACT as if they're following the guidelines.

Mod Edit: Please see Terms And Conditions Of Use 1b.) Profanity - Thank you - Jak

[edit on 23/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
-.-

[Snip]

I'm certain that there are plenty of people who are more than willing, depending on whether or not he just uses and account or gets one of his e-buddies to do it.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Throbber]

Mod Edit: Please see Courtesy Is Mandatory Thank you - Jak

[edit on 23/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Please stay on topic, and stop personal attacks, or warnings and worse might be issued.

It's about the outlook for the olympics, not personal insults.

khunmoon
moderator and member

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

I'm well aware of the nessecity to stay on topic, however i felt the topic itself was getting sidelined by NorthWolfe's 5 post essay promoting anti-chinese sentiment and not much else.

Admittedly i did contribute quite a bit to the sidelining, but i believe the issue is over already.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
not worth it.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Not at all, i'm attacking people who seem to be acting in collusion with one another for undefinable reasons, possibly because they have nothing better to do and get a kick out of it, i'm not sure.

Do you have a problem with that?

I have no idea what you're on about, really. I stated my opinion, and my opinion only. I replied to someone who called another member a moron for their opinion, and now I've had to put up with this.

Take it to U2U if you must.

JAK

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Here are the Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Everyone should be fully reacquainted with them now and, after this reminder, there are no mitigating circumstances.

For those who only ever wished to discuss the subject my apologies for interrupting.

When offering any further comment here please bear in mind T&C's 1f.) Relevant Content. Any other concerns should be directed toward staff via the submission / complaint feature or direct U2U.

Jak

[edit on 23/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i, as a chinese in beijing, have already not cared about the olympics. in the upcoming days and months, there must be more and more such things happening. i bet during the torch relay, there must be such farces similar to the riot. i only hope China can keep a stable society and my fellow countrymen can live peaceful lives.

after watching TV tonight, i really feel the olympic is nothing meaningful to me now. it's success or not, oh, it must be a failure in your anti-china media's comments, i only hope all the things would end as soon as possible..

today's news, the headline is the report of the lhasa's situation and it returned to normal. some other innocent ppl's deaths are confirmed and their relatives are mourning them painfully. i cant see such news in calm. and the next news is the preparation for olympic, the torch relay is coming soon, but i have no any longing for that. i ask myself in my heart what is the significance of all these efforts by chinese?.

rioters have killed innocent ppl, do their parents and other families really have mood to look foward to the olympic?? what is the memory for them in this 2008?. what even annoys me is that your western hypocritical ppl choose to uphold the killers while see nothing about the victims. all the anti-china media are liars, and they must go on their shameless move during the olympic. i have feel the trend now. no way to educate them since dollar's power is more stronger apparentlly.

what is the significance of all these? if you just want to boycott the olympic. please dont let the rioters to kill and burn to give you excuse. What Chinese need is not olympic, but PEACE in the final..

GOD, watch your worshipers, what they are doing?? CNN,BBC,........., i curse these medias!!

PS.. someone in ATS once told me dont dream of convicing the world how wonderful china is by olympic... i feel too annoying to reply him... Now, i want to tell him and all of you, China is a developing country and also a open country, you can travel everywhere in china if you like, what china looks like need no olympic to show to the world. we are backward in many fields and not so wonderful that worthy of displaying.. i think what we want to tell the world by olympic is that WE LOVE PEACE!

thanks all for paying attention to my post.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-3-2008 by wwssii]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

Hello there....so you are in Bejing? Excuse me for being so ignorant, but I did not think most people in china had access to the open and free internet without the Government keeping close tabs on you. So they let you converse on conspiracy websites like ATS...you don't feel any harassment? Just wondering.

You also state that that the people killed, were killed by the rioters? I thought that it was the Military that had killed most of the rioters.

Needless to say the loss of life by innocent people is tragic, but the fight for freedom does not come cheaply.

Sounds like you don't agree with the issue of a free Tibet.....would that be correct?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

reply to post by khunmoon

I'm well aware of the nessecity to stay on topic, however i felt the topic itself was getting sidelined by NorthWolfe's 5 post essay promoting anti-chinese sentiment and not much else.

Admittedly i did contribute quite a bit to the sidelining, but i believe the issue is over already.

Aren't the Olympic games to be held in China? I guess that In a topic about boycotting the OG I have to write about the PRC and the reasons I believe the OG should be boycotted.

If you do not agree with me please give your reasons and a different point of view, that's what we are here for...at least I think it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join