It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nigerian Connection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Who do you side with on this issue? The Nigerians fearing some sort of NWO plot to thin numbers in the Sahara or America once again trying to help a bassackwards islamic state.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Fine if they don't want the vaccine then the world should just isolate them. We cannot afford for this disease to spread and if they want to allow it we should put restrictions on their travel (in other words nobody in this country and others can follow if they want). Especially since they won't reveal why they want it stopped. Come on now, that is just someone in power grandstanding. Maybe if would bundled it with some cash they would say yes.

3 years ago I would have thought this was nuts, now we can just add it to the list of strange Islamic practices.

Why is this religion (which has honorable intentions) being turned into such an anti-world program.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They are not educated enough to put capable people in positions of leadership, look at Yasser Arafat.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
They are not educated enough to put capable people in positions of leadership, look at Yasser Arafat.

So your saying Nigerians can't governt themselves. Very ignorant statement. That country is all messed up because of Colonialsim. It's a salve to the west and everyone knows it.

By the way Nigeria is half christian and half muslium.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
personally I feel very sorry for those people who do not allow their children to be vaccinated for polio. Perhaps if it was Black Muslims administering the shots or promoting the vaccines, they may not be so mistrustful.

However, I do understand their apprehension of Americans and the West. An African once told me that it is the Americans and westerners and the "white man" that created all the diseases including AIDS and Ebola, that plague countries like Sudan and other parts of Africa to eliminate the black and muslim populations.

Their mistrust of Americans (whites) is a long deep rooted issue that stems backs to hundreds of years, when colonialism and slavery entered the African subcontinent.

This is a very sad issue.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nigeria.. what lovely oil you have.. want some vaccine?
while your at it.. can we move a few troops into your country?
No?
Hey what are those building over there? You are not building some weapons of mass destruction over there are you?
No?
Well isn't that a suspicious answer.. I think you better prepare to be invaded.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Did somebody say half christian and half muslim? Whoah! that sounds unmanageable to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Did somebody say half christian and half muslim? Whoah! that sounds unmanageable to me.

Yea anything that has to do with logic unimaginable to you. I know this for a fact because I lived over there for 3 years. So you can stay narrow minded if you want to.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

So your saying Nigerians can't governt themselves. Very ignorant statement. That country is all messed up because of Colonialsim. It's a salve to the west and everyone knows it.

If nigeria was a "slave of the west" then this story wouldnt even be published would it? I think you need to let go of the idea we owe the rest of the world for Colonialism, its done, over, its like reperations, a far fetched idea for those not emotionaly mature enough to let an injustice go. And I never said Nigerians cant govern themselves because they obviously are if the country is called Nigeria not "North African Western Slave State". I was pointing out that radical islamic leaderships seem incapable of protecting there people instead of twisting the tennets of their hotly contested religious beliefs.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Originally posted by DaTruth

If nigeria was a "slave of the west" then this story wouldnt even be published would it? I think you need to let go of the idea we owe the rest of the world for Colonialism, its done, over, its like reperations, a far fetched idea for those not emotionaly mature enough to let an injustice go. And I never said Nigerians cant govern themselves because they obviously are if the country is called Nigeria not "North African Western Slave State". I was pointing out that radical islamic leaderships seem incapable of protecting there people instead of twisting the tennets of their hotly contested religious beliefs.

Nigeria just got it's independence in the late 60's so it's not like reperations. Plus haliburton and other oil companies have raped Africa. You right it's not america job to protect other nations. But America nad the West is the cause of a lot of the problems in Nigeria.

By being a slave to the west I was talking about the World Bank. Putting countries in debt and making them pay with there natural resources might as well be slavery. That's what I ment. Your right they do have problems but America can't wash it's hand's of this mess that THEY created.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

48 Dead in Nigeria Religious Clash

Email this Story

Feb 25, 2:55 PM (ET)

By DULUE MBACHU

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) - Suspected Muslim militants armed with guns and bows and arrows killed at least 48 people in an attack on a farming village in central Nigeria. Most of the victims died as they sought refuge in a church, police said Wednesday.

The latest bout of Muslim-Christian violence in the region occurred Tuesday night in Yelwa, a mainly Christian town in Nigeria's Plateau State, police commissioner Innocent Ilozuoke said.

Army and police reinforcements helped restore calm, Ilozuoke told a news conference in Jos, the state capital.

The killings appeared to be the latest retaliatory attack in a sporadic conflict that has rocked the central region since an outburst of sectarian violence in 2001, pitting Christians against Muslims in once-peaceful Jos. In the initial outburst in Jos more than 1,000 people died in one week.

Since then, several hundreds more have died as rival Muslim-Christian militias attacked isolated villages and towns.

On Feb. 19, gunmen suspected by the police to belong to a Muslim militia ambushed a patrol car, killing four police officers. The ambush followed an earlier attack by a Christian militia upon a Muslim village that killed 10.

For decades, the majority Christian inhabitants of Plateau and the minority Muslim population - mostly Hausa and Fulani tribespeople with origins farther north - had lived in harmony.

But tensions between the two communities heightened in the past four years as 12 majority Muslim states in the north adopted the strict Sharia, or Islamic, legal codes, perceived by Christians as an expansionist threat.

Since 1999, ethnic and religious violence has killed more than 10,000 people in Nigeria, Africa's most populous country.

Actually it seems that both sides are at fault. Both muslums and christians.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
personally I feel very sorry for those people who do not allow their children to be vaccinated for polio.

Or maybe not. Many of the diseases we now have as children, I don't know the English names for them, were once great manslaughters, killing more people than wars and famine. But we who live today are relatively immune to the diseases. What happens when we inject gene modified polio virils into people to build up false immunity giving their descendants hell since they are not made for the environment. To sneak into the future isn't smart. Either you are blessed by God or you are not. If you sneak in to heaven you might get burned real bad. But of course it may also be the other way around. But, I personally don't like vaccines, people may do whatever they want, but I know that I would have had great troubles letting my children be vaccinated against anything. It's a false safety I believe. Isn't it better that the ones who get through the terrible epidemics are naturally protected against disease, maybe even after having had the diseases themselves and survived? Instead of living in a world with sick people who are descendants from the Vaccine people who were bitten by the serpent back before the big bang. Nature has her ways. We shouldn't try to manipulate nature as much as we do. God is Love no matter what people say, but he has certain criteria which are there to select the wise and the rightious and the brave and the good doers and the helpers and all the other children of God. Epidemics are terrible, but they only come back worse if you try to limit it's concequences.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Looks like Tehran wants to comment on Sudan's troubles.
www.fas.org...

top topics

join