It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fitna the movie (on March 23, 2008)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123
LiveLeak Removes 'Fitna' After Death Threats
littlegreenfootballs.com...

Remember this gem of a quote - "Anyone who describes Islam as a religion as intolerant encourages violence," - Turkish Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam
oy ... in other words .. if you don't say we are peaceful then we are going to get violent all over you!

Anti-Islamic film Fitna

Is it anti-islamic OR is it exposing the truth and Islamics dont' like that?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Is it anti-islamic OR is it exposing the truth and Islamics dont' like that?

It amounts to the same thing. It exposes how the koran can be used in furtherance of violence.

I find it disgusting that there would be death threats sent to Live Leak, who were the website hosting the only copy of the video.

Sure the video is anti-fundamentalist, but it is not anti-islamic. It is against allowing islam to be intertwined with the state in european countries, which is a concept I very much agree with the film on.

Islamisation of society is a separate issue to freedom of worship for muslims.

The film doesnt call for violence towards anyone, or for muslims to be banished. It is just saying that we should take note that there is a radical and unpleasant element in Islam, which is sanctioned by certain verses of the koran and hadith.

Frankly, I didnt find it all that contraversial. I thought Wilders would have presented it saying "Islam is a faith of wicked evil and malice", however he doesnt do this.

He says that islamic fundamentalism is dangerous and a threat to the western way of life. If anyone has a problem with that they must be, by default, an islamic fundamentalist.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Finally the first part of the movie conytains the Danish cartoon which is copyrighted.

Now the movie needs to be republished without the copyrighted parts.

And now the Danish cartoonist made a cartoon of Geert Wilders (Maker of the Fitna movie). Now Mr. Wilders does not want that this new Danish cartoon about him is published.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There are also copyright-issues over the use of a sound-fragment that was made by Dutch program-maker Rob Munz, and over the use of a photo of what Wilders thought was a photo of Mohammed B (the killer of Dutch documentary-maker Theo van Gogh), wich actually was a photo of Dutch/Morrocan rapper Salah Edin, and it was used for the cover of his debut-album. Salah Edin raps about cultural and religieus issues in Holland and used the photo of him looking like Mohammed B. for shock effect, I guess.

Now Wilders is going to change Fitna and there will be a second version.

He is such an idiot and I think he has made a complete fool of himself, and as far as I can see most people here are laughing at him.

The funniest thing sofar, for me, was watching a short interview on tv, were an Islamic immigrant who was approached on the street, said, in broken Dutch:

"This man(Wilders) is insulting and creating hate, he doesn't belong in our Dutch society."

I was LMAO, the irony.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There's an obvious irony to their interpretation of: religious tolerance, especially, when it involves Islam or should I say extreme Islam and double standards when it comes to their own interpretation of religious freedom and democracy....or is it just blind arogance?

Any religious group who bites the hand that feeds it tolerance without reciprocation is a threat to peace and security. There seems to be way too many bad apples in Islam these days. It would also seem that someone is going to make some Dutch apple sauce because of this film and some interesting news and headlines.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join