It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hijacking of Jesus. Paulianity and the Middle of the Road Doctrine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have a confession .... I have never really liked St. Paul. Something about him just didnt' give me the warm fuzzies. He really didn't get along with the apostles at all and even publically picked fights with Peter (and then boasted of them, and boasted of 'winning'). He seemed rather arrogant to me. I could be wrong .. but ...

Welcome to the club! I never liked him and the more research I have done on him the more of a con-man he appears to be. I may in the future do a thread on him and put some more light into the man who called himself an Apostle.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by idle_rocker

i think the thing that mesqua's getting at is that this seperation from judeic law isn't a teaching from jesus but from paul, and as such we have to question its validity. jesus didn't seem to be against sacrifice as such, so he may have felt those laws were applicable to christians.

for instance the new covenant idea may be at odds with jesus' statement that "not one stroke of the law can be changed" (paraphrased).

now that we're discussing this idea, i'm seeing little conflicting details, hints and nudges that point in this direction scattered throughout the gospels, i may try to get a list together, for discussion in this thread or a new one, up to the op. i'll start it this evening if i have time to cross referance and plow through.

I would love to see more of this. Since I seem to be stuck working most of my waking hours and my books are boxed up, I don't have the resources to really report anything. But I'll be paying close attention.

But if Paul IS at odds with Jesus about practicing the entire law, what would we as Christians do now? Isn't it Jesus who said he came to fulfill the law, and as such, would indeed fulfill it, making sacrifice no longer necessary?

[edit on 3/31/08 by idle_rocker]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yes I had read this before

Yahshua or Paul?

...In previous articles published in The Essene Path, I have briefly touched on the topic of how Paul, the self-proclaimed Apostle, violently opposed the original vegetarian Essene Christianity of Jesus, first by killing and imprisoning its leaders, then by infiltrating the movement and leading a schism. The schism led by Paul -- a meat-eating version of Christianity -- replaced the teachings of Jesus with the teachings of Paul.

There is no doubt in my mind that Paul steered Christianity onto the middle road.

I try to walk the Essene path especially with my diet. It is hard to do.

The Essenes advocated eating only Living Food:

And Jesus continued: "God commanded your forefathers: 'Thou shalt not kill.' But their heart was hardened and they killed. Then Moses desired that at least they should not kill men, and he suffered them to kill beasts. And then the heart of your forefathers was hardened yet more, and they killed men and beasts likewise. But I do say to you: Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the food which goes into your mouth. For if you eat living food, the same will quicken you, but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes only from life, and from death comes always death. For everything which kills your foods, kills your bodies also. And everything which kills your bodies kills your souls also. And your bodies become what your foods are, even as your spirits, likewise, become what your thoughts are. Therefore, eat not anything which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed. For burned, frozen and rotted foods will burn, freeze and rot your body also.Peace Book 1

At the Root of Christianity Is the Compassion of Vegetarianism

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Thurisaz] format

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Thurisaz] format x 2

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I"m late to the party (and a new commenter).

Check out the website: www.judaismvschristianity.com

I've been studying this for years.

The term Paulianity has been around at least 8 years that I know of.

Paul definitely changed the entire direction and role of Jesus Follower to adherents of this crazy religion that exists today.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is taken from the book "Jesus - The Son Of Man" by American poet and author Kahlil Gibran...

This day I heard Saul of Tarsus preaching the Christ unto the Jews of this city.

He calls himself Paul now, the apostle to the Gentiles.

I knew him in my youth, and in those days he persecuted the friends of the Nazarene. Well do I remember his satisfaction when his fellows stoned the radiant youth called Stephen.

This Paul is indeed a strange man. His soul is not the soul of a free man.

At times he seems like an animal in the forest, hunted and wounded, seeking a cave wherein he would hide his pain from the world.

He speaks not of Jesus, nor does he repeat His words. He preaches the Messiah whom the prophets of old had foretold.

And though he himself is a learned Jew, he addresses his fellow Jews in Greek; and his Greek is halting, and he ill chooses his words.

But he is a man of hidden powers and his presence is affermed by those who gather around him. And at times he assures them of what he himself is not assured.

We who knew Jesus and heard his discourses say that He taught man how to break the chains of his bondage that he might be free from his yesterdays.

But Paul is forging chains for the man of tomorrow. He would strike with his own hammer upon the anvil in the name of one whom he does not know.

The Nazarene would have us live the hour in passion and ecstasy.

The man of Tarsus would have us be mindful of laws recorded in the ancient books.

Jesus gave his breath to the breathless dead. And in my lone nights I believe and I understand.

When He sat at the board, He told stories that gave happiness to the feasters, and spiced with His joy the meat and the wine.

But Paul would prescribe our loaf and our cup.

Suffer me not to turn my eyes the other way.

So this is one of my favorite issues so far on this website. Eye have been studying this phenomenon in the Christian church for two years now and the evidence against Paul is staggering. He did in fact create the modern day church in his own image. The point is that people take his teachings to heart as the "Word Of God." And ah yes! He was a murderer that murdered more than people. He murdered Christianity!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Not sure where this thread came from, resurrected from the grave as far as I can tell. But it's nice to see it. I agree completely.

Edit: The dates on this site are a conspiracy! Read the last post as being jan 6, rather than jun 1. duh, guess that explains where it came from.

When I gained understanding it wasn't in the context of the bible at all. But I was astonished when I read Jesus and what he said. I couldn't believe it, why hadn't anyone ever showed me these things before I thought. I would catch just the occasional Jesus quote here and there and be floored by it. So I started reading more into Jesus and the more I liked and agreed with him. On subjects no man has ever dared to talk about as well. And on subjects the church certainly never dealt with. Jesus was a clear cut example of what I had learned.

And so I started to talk about it. And then Christians would start to argue with me about what I said. I was expecting a more warm welcome considering. But I began to notice that it is always Paul they quote in response to me. Over and over it's Paul. And I started to check up on Paul a bit. And once again I was astonished. I had an example of someone doing everything I was shown not to do.

The meanings of things have become completely distorted and manipulated by Paul. He does what Politicians do. Praises the idol and symbolism, but then do actions that are contrary to the basic principles.

Always glad to see others pick up on it as well.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by badmedia]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join