It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming is REAL.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And is a clear and present danger.
I never used to think too much of this global warming thing. Just a bunch of hippies moaning. But as I looked more and more into it and seen the effects first hand (The season in the UK have shifted, Summer seems to last well into October)

I've learned that yes this is a real threat to this planet. And it's probably too late. Anyway this report from the Pentagon does not help!!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Does it really matter. I love summer and plus weve always got AC and can make nice houses out of lead to block out radiation. Aaaaah Lead The Building Material of Dreams.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Already, according to Randall and Schwartz, the planet is carrying a higher population than it can sustain. By 2020 'catastrophic' shortages of water and energy supply will become increasingly harder to overcome, plunging the planet into war.

Aren't there some rumors that the NWO will institute some type of population control? and if it's true that Earth is carrying a higher population than it can sustain, does that mean the NWO is coming into power soon?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Covered in this existing thread?
Perhaps these will add to this topic/thread:

"Secret Report will humiliate Bush!
The Pentagon now tells Bush: climate change will destroy us!"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As to the highly debated "Global Warming" issue or hoax
........past thread on this:
"Global cooling..."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
No doubt the globe is warming. It's easy to see by looking at the pics of the poles or hiking in the mountains where you can see the glaciers getting smaller every year. What's not completely clear is whether or not the change would have occured regardless of our influence.

Maybe they're just preparing us for "The Arrival".

Thanks for the link seekerof.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Very interesting. I believe that global warming is a real and present danger currently.

The Earth is being enveloped in a literal shield where we trap heat and cook in our own greenhouse.

The year 2020, this is the year they estimate the real conflicting action to begin.

The year 2012 is fast approaching, and we can only wait to see what is so important on this year.

Global warming is scary if it's going to bring all this conflict between nations, with their nuclear weapons.

So, what are we going to do? Those who live close to a major body of water, are you going to move out and migrate to another country before it's too late?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
People, you DO realize the Earth heating up is natural? It is called a Heat Age. There have been several Heat and Ice Ages in the past. Dinosaurs lived in a Heat Age, Wooly Mammoths lived in a Ice Age. Nothing to get worried about.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Global warming? I tend to think it is weather manipulation.

Ice Age? How about when Venus came close to the earth and mars thousand of years ago, and bumped earth and mars back one.
How would you explain mammoths being flash frozen--certainly no ice age I can envision!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
isnt England going to have to climate of Siberia by 2020?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I suggest you all read this article:

www.whoi.edu...

Written by the President of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute in Mass.

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Nothing to get worried about.
Nothing to get worried about?
These are official reports coming from one of the most powerful countries in the world!

You should be worried.

The article states that England will be like Siberia.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Why should I be worried? It is as natural as the tides of an ocean. People just don't realize the planet goes through different stages. Ice Age, Heat Age, Ice Age, Heat Age, repeat.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
And I thought we were in Global Cooling. lol

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Global warming? I tend to think it is weather manipulation.

Ice Age? How about when Venus came close to the earth and mars thousand of years ago, and bumped earth and mars back one.
How would you explain mammoths being flash frozen--certainly no ice age I can envision!

This is an interesting theory. Regardless if it was a rogue comet we now call Venus or a smaller one that totally collided with Earth, I think there is ample evidence to at least speculate that the Ice Age isn't a normal state for the plante and we also have the evidence you sighted that might prove a "flash freezing" did occur rather than a gradual advance of Ice. If this is the case, the natural warming of the earth is actually a thawing and recovery of such a disaster. I do think that since such alledged distaster, there have been many advances and retreats of glaciers because we geologically document them. What we don't document is the reason they began in the first place.

We do know that Earth of the distant past was globally much warmer than now and if it is returning to that state, we may have no other choice but to adapt. One fact most global warming activist fail to mention is that the 300 year period of warming actually preceeded the rise in CO2. Thats an important fact and hiding that leeds me to belive that the scare tactics these people employ show them to be really un-interested in knowing the truth and all about their political cause. If we are looking at a global disaster followed by a series of global changes, it would really put our feeble political, emotional rantings in persepctive.

I belive the Earth is attempting to recover from this massive deposit of Ice. The thing we have to worry about is what are we going to see when all that extra water is thawed? I'm still not convinced it will be totally detremental to the ecology on Earth although it may begin to cramp humanity's style for a few thousand years.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Why should I be worried? It is as natural as the tides of an ocean. People just don't realize the planet goes through different stages. Ice Age, Heat Age, Ice Age, Heat Age, repeat.

SO FUKKIN WHAT!!???

Earthquakes are Natural too but I would be scared #less if I happened to be in the epicenter of one!

Cancer is natural but it is my worst fear!

Your tidal connection is just stupid to be honest! So the tides are natural but tides wont sitroy civalizations, that is of course, until all the noted problems occur.

There is a bit of a difference in a gently slipping tide and world wide problems which will turn moderate climates into -40c cryogenic cities.

Another thing, please believe me, nothing is natural anymore! We have #ed things up so much that mother nature is constantly stoned off her tits and buzzing on Carbon MOnoxide and butane gasses!!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I do not believe:

� In global warming.
� That the recorded miniscule increase in CO2 can raise average global temperaures.
� That mankind has enough resources to substantially affect climate short of detonating all nuclear devices simultaneously.

I do believe:

� That global warming is an attempt at scaring and forcing societal engineering on the western hemisphere.
� That global warming "proof" is based on bad, incomplete "science".
� In ocean warming (not land mass warming) as induced by the recorded unusually heightened solar activity in the past several years beyond the normal sunspot cycle.
� In www.john-daly.com as a source for truth on the subject, among other sources.
� That not all glaciers have decreased. Some have grown. There are no recorded surface temperatures on record above 0�C at either of the poles, yet the ice shrinks?
� That the IPCC panel distorted the actual climate reports which actually stated that there was insufficient data to confirm or deny global warming.

Need more?

I'm surprised that no one is pointing a finger at soda, beer and wine makers. Coca-Cola, beer and sparking wines all release CO2. Did the now defunct Kyoto Protocol address that? Or the greenhouse gas emissions from cheap burritos? Maybe we'll all be mandated to exhale a little less as well.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Outland]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Typical of environmental hypocrites....

Teresa Heinz Kerry is in a category all on her own among political wives. .... She's an environmental activist, but she owns three SUVs.

Article

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Global warming is a fact, but even thou there is a global warming, this in turn makes for regional cooling. Which ironically is the only thing that keeps some scientists from saying that global warming is a fact, because they are noticing this cooling also, and think because of it that there is no global warming.

The one fact that most people don't realize is that it is only normal that while most of the globe is going through a global warming, the rest will go through a global cooling. It is the natural effect of the Earth trying to balance itself.

As the Atlantic conveyor slows down because the water in the poles is warming, as a result mostly the ice at the north pole is melting , and the salinity of the water is getting less dense because of the fresh water that comes from the melting glaciers.

This less salinity keeps the cool water from sinking, which will in time slow even more and even stop the Ocean conveyor which warms most of Europe and the north of the United States and Canada.

What all this data means imo, is that in the not too distant future the poles are going to move down, so all those cities in the northern latitudes will be part of the new north pole.

I think that what is happening now its just a natural event. One which has happened many times in the past. But it also seems to be true that human activity has helped in making this scenario a reality sooner, and maybe even with more repercussions.

There are more than 100 underwater cities in the Mediterranean alone, and we have found a lot of cities underwater all over the world, you think this is not going to happen again? Think again. This is a fact, and it will happen again. As the Earth goes through this, it will create extreme weather in many places and its even possible that because of this and because of the Sun's strange behaviour, other major events will happen.

Most large cities are close to the coasts, which even thou is great for commercial purposes and for tourism, its incredibly dumb because of other practical reasons. Sooner or later abrupt climate change will happen, not in hundred of years but in a decade or less, in a regional manner at first and this will affect many coastal cities the most. Those will be the ones that will really suffer. I do not think it will be as fast as it is portrayed in the new FOX movie The Day After Tomorrow, but in the past many civilizations have been caught in some kind of abrupt climate change, or abrupt geological event, and they paid for not being prepared. I think it is just dumb to be caught unprepared again.

As for bad science....the site which you mentioned outland seems to be the one with bad science. The owner of the site doesn't even seem to have enough time to check his spelling.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
After spending several years following the topic of "global warming", searching out publicly available data and archiving gigabytes of news articles and reports, I have to disagree, Muaddib.

To be more precise, I disagree with the reported amount of warming, the projected furtherence of warming and the alledged cause of the warming. What is dished out in the mainstream media is over simplified and over stated mostly because doom sells news and aids hidden agendas. Stating a bunch of "if's" and "maybe's" doesn't attract profitable attention.

Some brief points:

(1) Regional warming and regional cooling can not logically be tagged as "global" events.

(2) There has long been disagreements in the global temperature data that was used to infer the existence of a long term warming trend. There are valid questionable aspects pertaining to how and where much of the data was recorded. Inaccuracies abound. Numerous scientists disagree with the distorted IPCC claims which were based on a skewed summary of the actual report. (a few listed here)
(and this)
(and this)
(and this)

(3) Our current period in time is not of any extraordinary temperature extreme. There have been many sustained warm periods in the past, the last as recent as the 1930's which was of a slightly higher magnitude.(some info here)
In fact, some respected climatologists predict a small ice age rather than global warming.(here)

(4) There is no true consensus about the Atlantic conveyor, it's duration or affect. Glacier activity is cyclic and they come and go. Also ponder the fact that there are no above-freezing temperatures on record for either pole. Also consider the fact that the Atlantic ocean has an oscillation cycle just as the Pacific ocean does.

(5) Sunken cities can result for many reasons, especially erosion, vulcanism and plate drift. There is to date, no appreciable difference in measured sea level. The claims that Tuvalu was sinking were incorrect. Sea level actually dropped.
(article)

(6) Science, good or bad, has little to do with one's spelling ability and you should check your own spelling as well.

More next time.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
All I care about is whether or not the Atlantic Oscillation is good for hurricanes and other super storms.

Suns strange behavior? I seen news about solar storms from the Sun but is that so strange, is the Sun doing something that most areny filled in on?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join