It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's really strange is....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
......the fact that people think it strange if someone believes in reincarnation, as one example, considering that half the planet does. So basically if you live in a predominantly christian based society and you openly want to talk about past lives then you are branded as "strange". Well I believe that -NOT TO- at least acknowledge this as a possiblity is ludicrous and STRANGE. Another example of this type of thinking is about UFO's or Aliens or however you choose to call these things. My wife actually mentioned it to me and she isn't nowhere near as enthusiastic about these things as me. She mentioned how ridiculous it is for people to actively deny or be antagonistic towards the idea of aliens or UFO's and she is quite right. I mean, how pathetic are we as a race that we have become so Earthocentric, egotistical or just plain tunnel visioned to deny that there are others in such a mindboglingly huge universe. As for 'scientists' or skeptics, well they can be even more annoying because they aren't being scientific about it at all. Their own ego is being totally subjective and blinding them to possible facts and information and their own 'objective' viewpoint. Funny thing is that Quantum theory proves that we need or are based on both a subjective and objective theory. You can't be objective!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
the thing i don't get about get about reincarnation is this, how would there be more and more people? please, educate me.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by baconvein
the thing i don't get about get about reincarnation is this, how would there be more and more people? please, educate me.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you clarify? Are you asking where new souls would come from as the population increases? The answer would have to be, "We don't know." And it's okay to say we don't know.

There is a lot of evidence for reincarnation. I became a believer in it after reading up on it, mostly the work of Dr. Ian Stevenson. Check him out. He died not too long ago, but he started the Division of Perceptual Sciences at the University of Virginia:

U of V Division of Perceptual Studies

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry to lead you along, but i am not a believer, but i will not put you down for being one. but could you give me a couple of facts that act as proof for reincarnation? you know, maybe i might see the light.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There are and will be (and possibly was) other beings that create(d) further to/of themselves. They each divide themselves to seem like many when really each is only single. To this human form there are two beings being as it. The one (a guest invader) divides and is allowed to reincarnate its division. Though that will soon stop. Another to this human form is the host that created the human form in the first place. It proceeds its divisions away from the guest invader. Meaning its divisions wont come back here reincarnated. Though this being remains here to proceed more of its newer divisions. Certain of it is as programs here in human form appointed for a purpose by a plan vs the guest invader's plan.

How the guest reincarnates is by going to hell fire only to climb up some other way (the reverse way). Though they are trapped either way because if you realized you get put in hell you wont choose to be here as a guest any further. So why stay coming back unless you are cursed actually and mistake a curse on purpose for a blessing as if on some kind of accident. The guest's time out of hell in the allowed escaping from it has been prolonged, but wont be allowed to remain that way real soon as the world will know.

The guest is alien to us and is written off as the devil and his reapers in the bible.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm sorry to lead you along, but i am not a believer, but i will not put you down for being one. but could you give me a couple of facts that act as proof for reincarnation? you know, maybe i might see the light.

Who are you replying to? If you're replying to me, I already pointed you toward some excellent scientific research in my post. This material fills several books. I'm not about to duplicate that all here. If you're honestly interested, just go look at the material and then make your own decision.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
never mind then. I am not anywhere near interested enough to look up "books full" of research, i asked for a couple of points to prove your statement.

I will just leave now.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

never mind then. I am not anywhere near interested enough to look up "books full" of research, i asked for a couple of points to prove your statement.

I will just leave now.

lol admirable attitude to learning there. He certainly denied ignorance...

Anyway, OP. Yes, good premise. Being closed minded is a pox upon the earth.

I may not believe in certain things, but if they were later proved to be true i would not sit in a corner crying my eyes out.

Conversely, if the closed minded people are confronted with something they totally shut out, they would go catatonic.

An example is vehement christians who reject reincarnation totally. What if reincarnation were proved to be true (somehow)?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hi guys, what I was saying didn't have much to do with reincarnation or UFO's per se. What I was trying to get at is the pathetic inability of people and our society in general to see other points of view and give them space. I don't necessarily believe in God and I don't disbelieve in God, however I do know for sure that there are many, many people who do believe in a God or Gods. I don't want to destroy anybodies belief system or faith that is a terrible thing to do. What I do want is to get rid of the inability of the human race to acknowledge something that is quite probably possible even if they do not have direct evidence or a subjective experience. So, for example, I would say that if you are on this web site you must have some belief in UFO's or aliens or other realms etc., if not, possibly you are a skeptic that just likes to put other people down and then I'd suggest you are a bully and a coward. So, we take it for granted you are here for the right reasons and yet you can't talk about it openly in public for......what? What reasons are there? Oh that's insane or oh my God what an idiot or don't be silly or oh yeah, whatever, so does anybody know what happened on the soaps?
So there you have it, taboo, but why, how ridiculous. I think that personally the majority is acting quite insane and the minority is made to feel insane. That is typical of our society, there are many things that are reverse of what they should be.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by baconvein

a simple way to look at it is old souls and new souls.

you have free will to pursue a path of liberation, or enjoy your stay as many times as you desire or need to.

new topics

top topics

join