It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Masons are so good at that World Domination stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well, not exactly. I mean, I'm not admitting that we control everything. But if we did, this might be a good hint as to why and how...

GRAMMAR

Teaches the proper arrangement of words, according to the idiom or dialect of any particular people, and that excellency of pronunciation which enables us to speak or write a language with accuracy, agreeably to reason and correct usage.

RHETORIC

Teaches us to speak copiously and fluently on any subject, not merely with propriety alone, but with all the advantages of force and elegance, wisely contriving to captivate the hearer by strength of argument and beauty of expression, whether it be to entreat, exhort, admonish or applaud.

LOGIC

Teaches us to guide our reason discretionally in the general knowledge of things, and directs our inquiries after the truth. It consists of a regular train of argument, whence we infer, deduce, and conclude, according to certain premises laid down, admitted or granted; and in it are employed the faculties of conceiving, judging, reasoning, and disposing; all of which are naturally led on from one gradation to another, until the point in question is finally determined.
From The Monitor of the Lodge

It's not all orbital mind control lasers or shady backroom deals to help a brother get ahead. Masonry wants to make its members better at speaking, arguing and debating their points. I'd even go so far as to say that some of the Masons on ATS have embraced these arts and excelled in them (I'm looking at you, AugustusMasonicus) while others, including myself, strive to improve daily.

It's not much of a stretch to say that people who can strongly support their positions are more likely to move ahead; those who are skilled at turning phrases, will get more people listening to what they have to say.

Is this one of the great secrets of Masonry? Or just common sense, well applied?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thank you for your kind words Brother and I also second the notion that the embrasure of the Liberal Arts and Sciences should be practiced by all mankind especially the Bretheren. I am certainly not the only Mason who has endeavored to pursue this recommendation and I kindly direct you to the posts of Trinityman, Masonic Light, Masonic Student, Rockpuck and numerous others for further examples of their proficient usage.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Maybe the Brotherhood should get envolved with the Public School systems in the USA. I hear that they need a lot of help

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lost in the midwest

We try...
www.scottishritelearningcenter.org...
www.srd.org...
Not to mention the numerous scholarships lodges around the world offer each year.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
That's all well and nice, but this is not an advertising site for Masonry... cmon now.

This has nothing to do with conspiracy discussion. You masons have already been warned for this kind of stuff... promoting the brotherhood is kind of an insult to this entire site. As is all the Masonic clubhouse activity that we have had to deal with in S.S.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well said my friend,

I find it intriguingly grotesque and saddening to witness the orgy of so called “brotherhood” that exists among members of the established “gangs”. No, the masons are not a “gang” they claim. But a closer examination of the function of this organization reveals it to be nothing more than a gathering of like minded inbreeds all clamoring to support each others private endeavors.

“We only support Masonic businesses and activities” is just another way of saying, “Yo Homie! You wear’n the wrong colors up in here!” “You best recognize!” The only difference being of course in the manner of their speech and glorified, self superior, manner in which they carry themselves.

Watching the masons “parade” around in their “gang colors” makes me laugh hysterically to myself when realizing how identical they really are to their “twins”, the bloods, that reside along the other side of the tracks.

Times change but people stay the same.

These gang members, the masons, are certainly more organized and secretive, but their essential function is the same. If their activities were all together wholesome then there would be no secrets, no secret meetings, and no sickly gang member hierarchy and initiation rituals.

So be proud of your eloquent speech and the sinful, arrogant, prideful manner in which you carry yourselves if you want too. But I will chose not to associate with your glorified, arrogant, secretive, nepotism gang.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I apologize if my last post seemed like an ad. Honestly, I was just considering how effective communication can be used to influence, and even control others. Not just Masons doing the string-pulling either.

Take Charles Manson for example. Sure, easy to label the guy a killer, except he never actually killed anyone himself. He convinced others to do it for him. How? From all accounts he was uneducated, anti-social; a burden on the education and wellfare systems. Yet he was charismatic. An absolute toad of a man, but he was able to convince others that murder was a good idea. He had no hold over his followers, but was able to sway them with communication.

If communication skills are that dangerous, shouldn't they be considered in light of various conspiracy theories relevant to this site?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings
So be proud of your eloquent speech...
Sure, why wouldn't I be? Isn't it clear that some of the world's greatest leaders were known for their stirring speeches? Were they great speakers because they were good leaders? Or good leaders because they were great speakers?

And if someone is really that good at changing or driving public opinion by what they say and how they say it, wouldn't there be an incentive to be just as trained to recognize and combat such tactics?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Take Charles Manson for example. Sure, easy to label the guy a killer, except he never actually killed anyone himself. He convinced others to do it for him. How? From all accounts he was uneducated, anti-social; a burden on the education and wellfare systems. Yet he was charismatic. An absolute toad of a man, but he was able to convince others that murder was a good idea. He had no hold over his followers, but was able to sway them with communication.

Grammar, rhetoric, and logic did not play any part in Manson's ability to sway his flock. I do agree that charisma played a big part and so did heavy doses of "Orange Sunshine."

Manson may have been uneducated in the traditional sense, but his long periods of incarceration taught him how to manipulate and use people.

Charisma and a jail-house education does not equate to the three points made in your first post.

In reply to your first post Josh, I find it vaguely insulting to the non-masonic membership that you only consider your "Brethren" when you speak of erudition among members. Take a look around the site, there are many who are excellent with word skills, and are not (surprise, surprise) Freemasons.

[Edit to add]

I do, however, agree with much of what you are driving at in your post. These skills play a huge part in the induction of the masses. Television and print media greatly enhance the use of these skills and ensure that the message is delivered to the widest possible audience.

The United States Government (second only to the Nazi Regime) is the greatest abuser of these skills. Saying one thing while doing the opposite. The "War on Drugs" is a prime example. As far as the masses are concerned the US Government is fighting a never-ending war on its own soil against "Drugs." All the while supporting a President in Afghanistan whose brother is the biggest heroin warlord in that country. A country that went from supplying 8% of the worlds heroin when the Taliban were in power, to a whopping 80% under the new USA approved Government. And which country is seeing most of this "gear" hit its shores?

Thanks to the Iran/Contra affair, many came to be aware of these machinations years ago, yet they still choose to believe otherwise. Why? An eloquent turn of phrase, which is now known as "spin."

Violence on our streets is another point. As our news outlets scream about the atrocities on our streets, another media outlet is planting seeds. I think the Temple of Set's Michael Aquino summed it up nicely:

"If teenage gangs may experiment with what they believe to be 'occult rituals,' blame should be laid squarely at the feet of the media which glamorize occult violence to youth.
I specifically refer to the movie industry, with offerings of increasingly gory and violent 'splatter' films such as Nightmare on Elm Street (with its child molester hero Freddy), Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc.
Note that such films usually include several sequels also targeted at children, and Freddy now has his own weekly television series! And parents wonder where children are getting all their bizarre, occult ideas? Please turn on your television sets any evening or examine even the 'PG' horror movie offerings at your local video store -- much less the 'R' category."

What effect do these double standards have on the populace? Do they induce a "Double Mind?" A state of mental flux in which the recipient does not know who to believe or whether they are "coming or going?" And what are the repercussions for a population in such a state of confusion?

The JFK hit is another excellent case. As far as the Government is concerned, Lee Harvey Oswald is the "Lone Nut." Yet over 80% of the American population believe otherwise. Many that believe Oswald was not responsible lay blame at the feet of the Government's "Military/Industrial Complex." Yet we see no revolution, no overthrow of a corrupt system.

Joyce Maynard stated: "No villian is more frightening than the one you supposed to be your friend."

Oh, and this gave me some chuckles, considering the topic:

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
Thank you for your kind words Brother and I also second the notion that the embrasure of the Liberal Arts and Sciences should be practiced by all mankind especially the Bretheren.

I'm not sure if Masonicus just made up a word, or used a word completely out of context.

Main Entry: em·bra·sure
Pronunciation: \im-ˈbrā-zhər\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from obsolete embraser to widen an opening
Date: 1702
1 : an opening with sides flaring outward in a wall or parapet of a fortification usually for allowing the firing of cannon
2 : a recess of a door or window
Merriam-Webster

[edit on 23/3/2008 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

Thank you for your response. I apologize if you found my original post insulting. While I admit the impetus to start this thread was based in large part by my recognizing a lack of rhetorical skills in a number of anti-mason attackers on this forum, I do acknowledge that there are also members here whom I should call brother in spite of my difference of opinion regarding their posting styles and reply tactics. I think it's been said before, nobody is saying that being a Mason automatically makes you good, or not being a Mason automatically makes you bad.

My intent was to show that Masonry, as an institution, explicitly places value on this form of debate, and those wishing to question why or how some Masons may rise to office or positions of power could perhaps look no further than the development of these skills.

Media certainly does play a factor in this, as does the increased ease of national and international communication afforded by the internet and globalization of news sources. TV, Hollywood, and the FCC are bound to cause conflicting thoughts and responses.

One of my favorite lyrics by the band Ten Hands in their song "I Was Confused (About the Television)" goes

Well, I watched a show
just the other night
and I must say something
was not right.
How come people on television's weird
in the head?
They won't show sex but they
show a lot of killing
I guess it would be better to
show blood spilling
than to let little Jr. see
two naked people in bed.
source
The FCC and MPAA Ratings Board standards on sex and language are amazingly unbalanced with their positions on violence and gore depicted. (One could even go so far as to wonder why a language filter is necessary at ATS.)

And, of course, there's the old occult saying (which may, in fact, stem from the Hebrew myth of the golem) "To name something is to give it power." Are some people in position of power and authority afraid of words? Is censorship a way to try to stem a tide of youth challenging the establishment?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

And you have also been asked nicely to let the MODERATORS do their jobs.

Have a nice day now.

I agree with the OP but also with Beelzebubba; charisma is different than eloquent persuasion by Rhetoric/Grammar.

Not hard to make the connection between understanding the 7 Liberal Arts & Sciences and success in any venue. Knowledge is power; not necessarily in the traditional sense of the word "power," but power nonetheless.

Not necessary for me though. I just use my Reptilian Mind-Control powers and be done with it.

join