It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1962 mars landing footage with signs of life.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Wow, has anyone seen this footage before? It may have been posted before but its new to me. Its very strange because It really does look authentic. and at the end with all of the movement in the sand. Sort of freaky. Didn't someone say that we actually landed on the moon like 40 years ago? I don't remember the name but I do remember someone talking about this. The Video seems real to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Nobody landed on Mars in '62 and the planet's sky is not blue.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Have you been there? How do you know its not blue, because the nasa channel says its not?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

Dude. We can tell from EARTH-BASED observations what Mars' atmosphere is and it would NOT be blue based off simple data that any astronomer can obtain.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

good point about the blue sky though, but like I said, you dont know.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

But that's just it, we do. This video is crap.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

Let me be the first to ask you, exactly how old are you? And asking on here whether or not we went to the moon in 1962, well, you are asking people to decide on something they cannot decide on. According to history yes we went to the moon. According to skeptics we did not. However it was not 1962 that man walked on the moon, it was July 20, 1969.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I deeply apologize.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Mars not moon.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

Hey what are you apologizing for? I assume you may be one of the younger posters on here, if you are not aware of man going to the moon. I am just offering you some info.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I didnt say anything about the moon. This post is about mars. I do know that we landed on the moon in 1969.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
By posting this video I was stating that It looked real to me in many different ways. And I understand that you all have your opinions but this thread was not intended to be an argument issue.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

This is ATS where we discuss, and, yes, debate anything that comes our way. You are in the wrong place if you can't handle your video being debated.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

Sorry Scott, this is what threw me off:

Didn't someone say that we actually landed on the moon like 40 years ago? I don't remember the name but I do remember someone talking about this.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Looks like a video game running on a monitor. The back ground voices in the end reminded me of a video game i played...Gunman.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
My cat has faked better footage. I'm not talking smack but come on now. There are 2 spoken languages on thev ideo, soit must be true, give plucky a break....

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Apparently when i asked about this video 2 years ago i was told it was part of the alternative 3 hoax.

In the past 2 years i e-mailed NASA about this Video (I don't think I've got the reply but i will have a look) The response i got was the generic viking answer

But when I asked them to Debunk the image they said they was unable to do that.

I can't believe that no one on here has seen this before its very very old..

Alternative 3 is a television programme, broadcast in the UK in 1977 as a fictional hoax, an heir to Orson Welles' radio production of The War of the Worlds. Purporting to be an investigation into Britain's contemporary "brain drain," Alternative 3 uncovered a plan to make the moon and Mars habitable in the event of a terminal environmental catastrophe on Earth.

The programme was originally meant to be broadcast on April Fools Day, 1977. While its broadcast was delayed until June by industrial action, the credits explicitly date the film to April 1st. Alternative 3 ended with credits for the actors involved in the production and featured interviews with a fictitious American astronaut. However, some conspiracy theory supporters have argued Alternative 3 is at least partly true.
n the late 1970s the UK's Anglia Television ran a weekly science series, Science Report. The final episode, Alternative 3, retained the series' format and presenter, and was written by Chris Miles and David Ambrose. Music was by Brian Eno, a portion of his score being released on the 1978 album Music for Films.

The episode began by detailing the so-called "brain drain:" a number of mysterious disappearances and deaths of physicists, engineers, astronomers, and others in related fields. Among the strange deaths reported was that of one "Professor Ballantine" of Jodrell Bank. Before his death, Ballantine delivers a videotape to an academic friend, but when viewed on an ordinary videotape machine the only result is radio static.

According to the research presented in the episode, it was hypothesized that the missing scientists were involved in a secret American/Soviet plan in outer space, and further suggested that interplanetary space travel had been possible for much longer than was commonly accepted. The episode featured an Apollo astronaut — the fictional "Bob Grodin," played by Shane Rimmer — who claims to have stumbled on a mysterious lunar base during his moonwalk.

It was claimed that scientists had determined that the Earth's surface would be unable to support life for much longer, due to pollution leading to catastrophic climate change. It was proposed that there were three alternatives to this problem: the first involved the detonation of nuclear bombs in the stratosphere in order to allow the pollution to escape. The second alternative was the construction of an elaborate underground city, a solution reminiscent of the finale of Dr Strangelove. The third alternative, the so-called "Alternative 3," was to populate Mars via a way station on the Moon.

The programme ends with some detective work; acting on information from Grodin, the reporters determine that Ballantine's videotape requires a special decoding device. After locating such a device, the resulting video turns out to depict a landing on the Martian surface — in 1962! As Russian and American voices excitedly celebrate their achievement, something stirs beneath the Martian soil...
Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Having known a member of the "Close-out Crew" for the Gemini, Apollo, and Skylab Programs, there is absolutely no chance of a manned Mars landing, ever. Manned space flights in the 1960's were extremely risky endevours. Before Apollo 11's 1969 flight to the moon, the odds for a safe landing and return to Earth with all objectives completed were a 50-50 proposition.

Secondly, I am old enough to know that televison transmissions from orbit were black and white until the mid 60's. The Ranger program and even the first Mars orbiter transmitted pictures in black and white. On the early landings, the color photos from the lunar surface were from the Hasselblad's film magazines and "live" video tranmissions were in black and white.

The last manned lunar landing occurred 4-5 years before Atari's "Pong" hit the market. At that time there were no PC's, no walkmans, no cell phones, and certainly no video cameras to film a live Mars landing, in color no less. A personal computer from that era was called a slide rule. Things were still quite "primitive" in the early to mid '60s. Most folks did not own a color TV. The ability to send a man to Mars was non-existant primarily due to a major lack of computing power, very little experience with long duration space flights, and the hardware required to accomplish such an effort.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
ian990003100 is correct -- this was meant to be an April Fools Hoax to be aired by the BBC on April 1 1977, but its airing was delayed until June.

Some of the names used in this Mars documenatry were fake, and in fact a man identified as NASA Astronaut "Bob Grodin" in the documentary was actually and actor named Shane Rimmer.

The BBC had aired other fake stories and documentaries in the past, including the documentary about the "spaghetti tree" harvest in Switzerland, and the story about "Smell-o-vision" that told people that they were broadcasting "smells" over the airwaves.

[edit on 3/22/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottr.

good point about the blue sky though, but like I said, you dont know.

Actually, yes...yes we do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join