It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: British spy op wrecked peace move

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A joint British and American spying operation at the United Nations may have been responsible for the failure of a last attempt to prevent the War in Iraq.

Senior UN diplomats from Mexico and Chile provided new evidence last week that their missions were spied on, in direct contravention of international law.

The former Mexican ambassador to the UN, Adolfo Aguilar Zinser, told The Observer that US officials intervened last March, just days before the war against Saddam was launched, to halt secret negotiations for a compromise resolution to give weapons inspectors more time to complete their work.

Aguilar Zinser claimed that the intervention could only have come as a result of surveillance of a closed diplomatic meeting where the compromise was being hammered out. He said it was clear the Americans knew about the confidential discussions in advance. 'When they [the US] found out, they said, "You should know that we don't like the idea and we don't like you to promote it."'

The revelations follow claims by Chile's former ambassador

observer.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is really great news. I am so glad the truth is being told. I hope the person who was behind all of this gets caught. I know the puppet master is most likely not going to be caught and that someone way lower in command is going to get blammed but it would be really cool if the puppet master was caught.

I used the word puppet master because I could not think of any thing better.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As with all events, particuarly the first gulf war as time progresses more and more gets revealed as more people talk and more papers are released.

There will be some fascinating historical documentaries on the second gulf war in ten years or so.

For now we only a get a few drips of leaks and information.

Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
this is nice but what about the sham that was the weapons inspections to begin with?

new topics

top topics

join