It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old member re-introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hello, as you all may well know I am ADVISOR, rarely seen and some times heard. As for introductions, I'm a news junkie, government conspiracy and ATS addict. Am a good ole time member first and of course staff, but don't let that scare you off, deep down we are all here for the same thing. The truth, our own and each others.

With that out of the way, the table is open. Any questions some one may have, feel free to ask. Consider me fair game for interrogation if you will, sombody must be wondering who this cat is, and what the story behind him may be. As much time that has been spent away from this community, I would like nothing more than to reconnect and meet more of you who have found this place to be a solace of sorts, if it will be.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Welcome back, ADVISOR!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™.

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Hello Advisor. Welcome back.

I hope your time spent away was productive. Without a doubt your fellow moderators are most happy you are back in the grove helping to keep ATS the best site in all of internetdom.

I've not had the pleasure of meeting you on this site so tell me a bit about yourself.

Also, do you find it hard to separate the moderator from the member when dealing with members?

What are your favorite news sources?

Again, welcome back.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hey ADVISOR....

So....grilling, eh?

How old are you?

LIAR!

Why were you gone for so long?

LIAR!

What is your main topic of interest?

LIAR!

What have you heard of this ~MemoryShock~ charachter?

LIAR!

Welcome Back!

LIAR!....er...um...no really, welcome back....

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Welcome back Advisor.

I envy the members from the start-up years, you were here when some of the most interesting stuff went down.

I only hope that a historic sighting or conspiracy found true is revealed whilst I am a member.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I know this dude....

Good to see you back...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

If that wasn't meant to be funny, I am sorry but I still find it so. If I didn't know better, I would swear it was an automated post!

I think what cracks me up most is a member (no offense) posting all the newbie links to a super mod!!!

It really is grand, or I am just in a great mood

Here is a question for you, advisor, what took you away for a while? It wasn't the MIB from that old thread in RATS, was it? Or were you getting to the bottom of that secret phone number and special letterhead?

I just happen to be a crazy cat myself, see:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Welcome back ADVISOR.

I believe you went away to fight overseas, care to share some of your experiences?

There are some questions I may have on Depleted Uranium, if you care to discuss.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well I wasn't exacty expecting a welcome back reply from any one. But hey, Thank you every one for the ackward moment...

First and foremost, Grady, you ole coot, thank you for the reply filled with links which, seem very familar...

Dizziedame

I find it to be a fine line between mod and member, but one which I hope has been well drawn in my posting habit as a member first.

My favorite news sources are 1stheadlines.com, cryptome.org and ATS in that order. ATS is a great source media, but it is not it's own provider, so out of nessesity a middle man is required for me. I also subscribe to a StratFor or Strategic Forcast webnews site, which is a premier open source info provider.

MemoryShock

How could you?!

Accuse me of lies, when I havn't even answered yet....

I see how you are, fine be that way.

Rhain
Thank you, yes some interesting evens have occured within ATS. no doubt many more while your with us. Never fear, ADVISOR is here.

Elevatedone

Of course, I may not be famous by any HollyWood standard, but on ATS, I would hope at least you know me.

FreeThinkerIdealist
What took me away, was an airplane, to a very hot and dangerous place called Iraq. Diyala province to be exact, right in the hot bed of the "surge".

As for MiBs not hardly, they don't have the authority, Springer would have a hairy caniption, and most deffinately reassign the agent to an Alaska post.

About the # and letter head, still working on that. It is difficult to get any answers when those involved refuse to know what it is. Dang SCI clearances.

Truth4hire
Yes, I did go fight overeas and an interview can be found at the following link, which was done live while I was still over there. DU questions, well I only have experience with the 25mm sabot rounds which are rarely used in our Bradley Fighting Vehicles, and only have seen one while handleing the round. Beyond that, any thing else I could provide is sensitive info and is not for general release to the public.

Dave and Johnny interview

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Welcome Back and THANK YOU for your service.

(one line^^^, you wont warn me will you? LOL
:lol

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No of course not. But that avatar may get you in trouble.

link   
Welcome back, ADVISOR.
I'm fairly new myself, so I've never run into you before, and in all likely hood with the size of this place, may not after this, but it's good to see worthwhile people return when others leave.
As for a question, do you think much on ATS has changed since you left? I ask because some of the older members mention things about quality, not sure if it's just their memories of heydays or actual.

link   
We really have missed you in the government conspiracy threads, specially with all the juicy braking news of lately.

I hope you stop by and share your views.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
RuneSpider

I don't really feel as though I was gone long enought o notice a difference. That and I would pop in when a chance presented itself.

On that note, this thread I started was more to re introduce myself than it was if I was gone. Because, for the most part, despite not being around ATS as much as before, I wasn't gone long in my opinion. Just less active.

Marg

About the news, it has been very "juicy" as you say it. Things seem to be getting out of hand, but there is a pattern I suspect. National independance in uniqueness along with global recognition seem to be the predominate reason many nations do what the have been.

That is the lighter side of things of course, horrable stuff happens every day, and more available outlets for media has caused a saturation of news providers and propaganda machines.

The world is falling apart and it seems like vey few groups want it not to.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

The world is falling apart and it seems like vey few groups want it not to.

And when that happens we will have ATS on a can to can system, Top of the line model with fishing wire string an all....

Why, cuz we rock like that.

Welcome back yeah old FOeggie. Hope all is well, bet your glad to not be removing sand from x- and y-.... Never is fun.

To ATS and the many years to follow..... Uncovering truth and Denying Ignoramuses.

new topics

top topics

join