It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The turn me on to new music thread!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This one was just featured on Youtube. Kinda catchy...

This is a pretty cool video. I like to listen to Prodigy in hectic traffic...

Prodigy-Posion
Prodigy-Spitfire

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Prodigy in hectic traffic's music video was based on a scene from the movie Intacto. Which I'd highly recommend.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsEsterhouse

No, I meant that I like to listen to Prodigy, while I am driving in hectic traffic.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

[lol] I thought that was the band's name.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Have you heard this version of "Old McDonald had a farm" before? The Residents (again)...

Rush - Red Barchetta (not quite) : "My uncle has a countryplace no one knows about. He says it used to be a farm. Ee i ee i oh!"

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I'd call them lots of fun as well.

Ever here Old and in the Way?
One of jerry Garcia's side projects. Amazing fiddle player on there, can't think of his name. Vasser Clements ( I looked it up.)

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Not musical enough for my taste. Maybe it grows on you like a fungus?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsEsterhouse

Yeah, this was one of their more psychedelic ones. It's not among my favorite Resident's tracks either. Anyway, here's something else. More melodic. I guess most people haven't heard it (there's no point posting songs by The Beatles or Pink Floyd in this thread...
). I found this video one day by coincidence, when I was searching for something else.

James - Honest Joe

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
British Sea Power - 'No Lucifer' -

www.youtube.com...

I have no idea how to do that whole youtube video embedding trick!:shk:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We can't leave out the Flight of the Conchords!!!!

These guys IMO give Tenacious D a run for their money!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A few suggestions:

13th Floor Elevators
Bonnie Prince Billy
Dax Riggs
Elvis Perkins
The Frames
King Khan and the Shrines (this goes beyond retro and into full blown time warp)
Leonard Cohen (if you could only listen to two songwriters in your entire life, let them be Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen)
Television (Marquee Moon is the greatest album of all time)
TV on the Radio
...and pretty much anything featuring Lisa Hannigan.

/tn.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by teleonaut

Thank you for your suggestions telenaut! I will check them out in due time.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm totally with Telenaut on Bonnie "Prince" Billie, he did the original of "I see a darkness", which is awesome, no, AWESOME!!!

Cat Power's stuff is really nice, Youtube "Cross bones style", it's really hypnotic, oh and she's quite beautiful too... all her albums are good, nice n' chilled stuff; although, if anyone's into more aggressive music, Mastodon are well worth a listen, very heavy and progressive, with a little psychedelic tinge.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Leave mah trees alone!

Hedningarna - Min Skog

Hedningarna (Live)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Great tune. My favorite BPB song is still Grand Dark Feeling of Emptiness though. I got to see BPB at a very tiny coffee shop in Mobile a few years ago. They were just passing through from a show in NOLA and for whatever reason (probably gas money) decided to play a show here.

I distinctly remember asking Will if, in Just to See My Holly Home, he was making a reference to Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal with the line "Baby stew will surely fill us." He told me that it was "more or less about Scrooge hoarding his millions, and also the joy of cooking." He rubbed his belly when he said that last part. I couldn't honestly tell if he was joking or being dead serious. He's a seriously odd cat

They played for probably 2 hours to a crowd of no more than 40 people. They ended with one of the weirdest encores I ever saw at a show: Will and Pink Nasty doing a duet cover of R. Kelly's Ignition. I'll never forget that.

/tn.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Pretty interesting! It's like hard celtic music. I liked the last video the most.
On a side note that has to be the coolest beard in the universe!!! Aliens are probably really here trying to study that beard! Is it yours?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I posted a thread a few weeks ago that had my favourite new artist, here

Seems not many agree with me - but I don't care, I think it's a great album!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by teleonaut

That sounds awesome, he's done so much cool stuff, I'm really getting back into Palace "Arise Therefore" at the moment, some of my favourite lyrics on that one.
Went on a drunken shopping spree on amazon and got some Swell "Too many days..." not heard that in years and it's still so damn lazy/cool sounding.
Does anyone like Low??? Their last album "Drums and Guns" is great, as is most of the other stuff.
Jon Spencer??? Amazing, again.

Currently sat in bed listening to Sunny Day Real Estate, mmm.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Gnarls Barkly's album
The Odd Couple.

Dangermouse is God!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus (from the David Letterman show)

I want a megaphone...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join